One Step at a Time - November 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Pauly! I am trying to analyze this. I know that I would never drink while I am here with my Mom. I never have and just know that is something that I never will. I think that I am looking forward to the sadness and stress of when I leave. And thinking that I don't want to deal with....that I want to numb it. I know that just sounds stupid and makes no sense but I I think that is what it is. My Mom has told me 20 times in the past day how much she loves me and that she wishes I would stay here with her forever. I am just sad that I can't do that....I think that just knowing that I am going to have to leave in 2 weeks is making me want to open that door so that I can numb myself.
    Thank you so muc for talking this out with me. I did just go take my pill. So, that is a step in the right direction. I am enjoying my time here very much with my Mom. I am not foucsing on drinking or anything but I am trying to be vigilant. I am trying to get in touch with my emotions so that I am aware of what is going on.
    Thank you..........
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh Nora, hang in there and stay strong. What you say about leaving your mom makes a whole lot of sense to me. I love my mom to pieces too, and I know if she knew about my drinking she'd be devastated! Does your mom know? Just try and relax and enjoy, worry about the other stuff later if you have too.

Comment

Thanks Liz :h I'm doing better now. Just like you - My Mother has no idea about my drinking. It would just break her heart.

It helps so much to be able to come here and really let it out here. I've always been one to hold it all inside. I must say that since I've been at MWO, I've gotten much better at spilling my guts. :HSo, I am going to vent away here.

How is everyone doing here? I know that so many of us are having issues. Thinking of you all. :l:l:l
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, just keep on course with the AB. Stick close to us. Everyone is having issues, but that's why we are here. You're a strong woman.
          AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Yes, Nora. Like Getting says, that's what we're here for. :l it's the extremes Nora. I think that's what gets us every time. Your mom is at an extreme right now and for people like us that is such a difficult position- we don't do extremes well...

Stay on your journey no matter what sweet, Nora. A drink will only set you back. It's set me back this last week. Nothing really gained and as K9 says, "you will never regret not drinking." eat eat eat...lots of salad or chips and Salsa...and of course, you're in Tillamok land so cheese away!!

Hugs and heart
            :l:h
            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I am in Tilamook land and I love Tilamook cheese. ointup::waving:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I've been figuring out things to fix for my Mom to eat. I bought some ground beef today so I'm going to fix a meatloaf tomorrow. Yes - the vegetarian is going to cook meat. Wish me luck with that. :H

But, I've just been giving her portions of food all day and that seems to work. Sure not a whole meal but she has eaten little bits.

My poor brother was so frustrated at the beginning trying to get her to eat. He felt so responsible. I have told him over & over that he just needs to try and that there are some good days & some bad. He has been better lately and he either cooks or brings something in each day. She eats a little bit each time. I think that he really needed this break. He has been taking care of her since March.

She has told me over 20 times that she wishes I would move in. Just how much she loves me and wants me to stay here.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

NoraC;1583671 wrote: I am in Tilamook land and I love Tilamook cheese. ointup::waving:
                  Yes...I know I can't spell...

I'm making a lentil stew in the crockpot tonight. It has to cook for 10 hours so I'll turn it on before bed.
                  Would mom like that ??
                  :h
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle123;1583680 wrote: Yes...I know I can't spell...

I'm making a lentil stew in the crockpot tonight. It has to cook for 10 hours so I'll turn it on before bed.
                    Would mom like that ??
                    :h
                    I can't spell either. It's Tillamook. :H:H

She might like that - thanks! Will you send me the recipe please? I realized tonight that I need to be careful.....I can't fix all thse different things in one day and expect her to eat. I fixed 4 different things today. Oops. :H So, I am trying to plan different meals for the next 2 weeks.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Veterans Day........Tony
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Happy Veterans Day everybody,i have mondayitis hope it passes i need to put a positive spin on it and think "yay its monday start of a brand new week!"fuck that,a holiday so not sure if it will be busy or not,nora you are doing good,its gotta be rough i know everytime i go back home i wish i could move back but its impossible,i wanted to tell you last nite try not to think so far ahead just enjoy the now,and the cheese(however its spelled)i need to get back to exercise you guys seriously i havent done any since i think august?jeez,and its not about weight loss for me i say i exercise for sanity not vanity haha lately ive been a slug,my daughter made home made chicken pot pie yesterday so good! meet the parents was on i hadnt seen that movie forever,forgot how funny it is,well off to fix my fro and face for work luv ya peeps
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Exercise, it takes just a few weeks of daily exercise to make you feel like you have to do it. It's amazing how quickly you can get to the point with being a slug isn't an issue anymore, you find you can sit still. Good Luck getting back at it.

I know I should try to read back further, but am unsure how much more I can think about at once. Nora's mom is sick? I just lost two family members. It's a raw subject for me right now. One was a total blind-side, aggressive brain cancer and the other while not a complete blind-siding, lung cancer that ravaged my mom after radiation and chemo to take over her spine and brain. I want everyone to have Rick Simpsons oil and lots of wheat grass and carrots juices.

Comment

Afternoon all.
                            Getting winter cold here...they are predicting SNOW tomorrow so we dug out the snow blower so it is accessible just in case...I do not like this time of year but at least I don't have to drive in it if I don't want to.
                            Off to run a few errands yet again...back later.
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hi istym4me!!!!!!!:welcome::welcome:

So nice to meet you. I'm looking foward to getting to know you. I'm sorry to hear about the loss in your family. :l I do understand. We have had 4 deaths in my family this year. It is hard.
                              I am up in Oregon visiting my Mom. She has Alzheimer's and I'm enjoying every minute with her. But, I was thinking ahead to when I have to leave in 2 weeks. I need to just focus on today.

Speaking of exercise, I am going to get on the treadmill today. I am going to miss going to the gym while I'm up here so I've going to do some exercise so I don't get out of the habit. You are right that just a few weeks of exercise and you feel so much better.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning loves...I am alone on Mondays, so I can't always get on here.
                                Nora...ONE DAY AT A TIME baby girl. and...TEXT ME...
                                ok....enough shouting...except for TTFP!!:h
                                Home Health Care comes tonight at 6 for the first time. They will stay till 10 and help get Pop to bed. Nana has already started fussing about the expense, but we made clear that we (all the kids) will be livid if she fires them and that are worried to death about her. She quieted down a little, but she is very frugal and watches every penny. Hmmmmm...I wonder if that's why she has money in savings and I don't???:H
                                all is well here and I am thinking of all of you......my prayer chain takes about 20 minutes every night, but it helps me fall asleep. Know that I mention each of you by name, so someone better be listening!!:l
                                Back to work....I love you all:h
                                and Happy Veteran's day!
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X