One Step at a Time - November 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x post Nora.Welcome to our loony family itstyme4me!! (that was hard to spell!)
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey Mama :l

I did TTFP.

I'm so sorry about Pops. Thinking of you all...........
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

its....we are suffering losses of loved ones here and I am so sorry about yours
        YAY NORA!!!!!
        K9 must be off work today or she would be here chittering away
        Nora...is there no work there in Oregon for you? I have thought of how muich happier you always seem to be when you are there...

Comment

Dottie...SNOW???? Yikes!! It;s chilly in FLA but it sure isn't snowing!

Comment

I wish it would snow here. I love snow. Of course it is rare so that is probably why.

Hugs to all dealing with losses or elderly that are ill. It is a difficult time in life. Unfortunately, we all go through it at some point. Lean on your friends. That is why we are here.

Glad you are here ITS!
            AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

ok....who put the voodoo hex on me??
              Clay's car just broke down and has to be towed...Lord knows what's wrong AND hubs came home to find a dead rat in the kitchen......at least it's dead
              Jeez....

Comment

Oh Mama - sorry about the car.....

but REALLLY SORRY about the rat. I didn't know that my cats would go all the way to Florida to give you a present.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

It is raining in here now and they are saying snow later..a little early for me..southern Ohio usually does not have snow this early. We went to Habitat for humanity store and got a few things,they have good prices and I feel like we are helping someone.
                  Thought we were staying in today but dh had other ideas...guess my house stuff will keep until tomorrow...it is for sure no one will do it....;-))
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

sounds like MY house Dottie
                    Thanks ALOT Nora!!

Comment

Hi everyone and welcome, :goodjob: It's....sorry mama- I can't spell period!
                      Sorry about Clays car, sweetie. It's the Curse of that ninny who screwed up our dear Gettings car...pills!!!

Dottie, I'd love some weather here. pretty dull here- though the nights are halloweeny which I love. I keep meaning to get over to the HFH store. Always a project here at my house.

Nora, so proud of you, baby:l

Home from taking the girls to an open house at a private school for next year...it was exhausting. Yesterday they were at workshops for dance and theater and then Acro and day before that they were in school and then dance classes...
                      I just want to cry...so much life and focus with the twins...so much sadness, disconnect and fear with Mathieu...
                      Talk about extremes ...and you know people like us need to steer clear of mr. & mrs extremes...
                      Hugs and heart
                      :l:h
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Pauly. You're so right about exercise! I slacked off a bit and feel sluggish. Tomorrow I'm getting back in, five miles on the treadmill.

Nora, you sound a little better today. I'm sure mom is loving every minute of you, you're such a good daughter

Mama, so sorry about the car. What's wrong with it? Rat? UGH!!!

Dottie, that weather is headed out way too. I left work a little late today and it was dark outside! I hate that, and now snow! Is it spring yet?

Kradle, you are definitely dealing with extremes. It's so hard to be going in totally different directions! I'm glad you have some good stuff going on though, a reason to get up in the morning.

I so appreciate that prayer chain. I know I need it. There was discussion the other day about being in a funk for the holidays. I don't remember how long it's been since I've been sober for the holidays I'm giving it my best shot this year. I'm actually pretty sad about it tonight. I usually love the holidays. This will be the last holidays with our family all together as my daughter is getting married. Though my daughter and future SIL were out bid on a house today. Maybe they'll have to move in here, Lol. Well let me pull myself together, put on my happy face and carry on.

Comment

NoraC;1583904 wrote: Hi istym4me!!!!!!!:welcome::welcome:

So nice to meet you. I'm looking foward to getting to know you. I'm sorry to hear about the loss in your family. :l I do understand. We have had 4 deaths in my family this year. It is hard.
                          I am up in Oregon visiting my Mom. She has Alzheimer's and I'm enjoying every minute with her. But, I was thinking ahead to when I have to leave in 2 weeks. I need to just focus on today.

Speaking of exercise, I am going to get on the treadmill today. I am going to miss going to the gym while I'm up here so I've going to do some exercise so I don't get out of the habit. You are right that just a few weeks of exercise and you feel so much better.
                          Thanks for the welcome! Sometimes people that get alzheimers end up being so so sweet, it's nice to be around them. Sorry about your mom. I am attempting to fly out this week to a father that is diagnosed with dementia. And ugh to your 4! Tough stuff. It never ends.

Comment

istym4me;1584028 wrote: Thanks for the welcome! Sometimes people that get alzheimers end up being so so sweet, it's nice to be around them. Sorry about your mom. I am attempting to fly out this week to a father that is diagnosed with dementia. And ugh to your 4! Tough stuff. It never ends.
                            Sorry to hear about your Dad. Yes - my Mom has always been the sweetest, most loving person you could imagine. She still is. Her short term memory just isn't there anymore. It is so very sad........
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning all. I'm off today. Drinking my coffee and getting ready to start my day. Very gloomy and cold outside. Makes me not want to do anything. It occurs to me that I did not even think of AL at all yesterday. . .when was the last time that happened? Hmm maybe I really am on the road to recovery.
                              Anyway, off to run on the treadmill and then do some Christmas shopping. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Comment

Good Morning all ! ( Not fully awake yet......it is morning ...right !?! Ha! )
                                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X