One Step at a Time - November 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-9 - it isn't over until it's over. Silence does not equal "no". In a bureaucracy things move r-e-a-l slow.

I made 30 days today and didn't know it until someone in the nest congratulated me!
    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Oh Strong I love that! You must be moving along nicely! Yet for you at 30!!!!

Mama, I think YOU are super mom..you have a superstar son, a loving husband and though pops Is struggling, you all are up at the plate, loving each other. That is so huge!! :l

Pauly, so proud of you! :wd: what with work and family, you're being strong and lovely!

Getting, what's going on with the ninny and your car? I'm thing of you as I too am looking at about 500.00 dollars in auto repair...:upset:
      I do get down time, really. I have it right now. Girls are at dance, Matt is upstairs on computer...dad and I are pretty hands off right now

Techi!! Missed you :l and Mr. Tony, so glad you're here making me laugh all the time!

Dottie inont want to deal with things either. I have an 800.00 dollar IRS bill due tomorrow and as you may have guessed my $$ are pretty tied up elsewhere. I just dont want to call them and deal with this crap...lI feel like telling them to get back some of those fraudulent claims from overseas they paid out and we'll call it even!

Who made crock pot veggie stew again? I made some yesterday- hearty lentil but I snuck in some sausage tonight and it was goooood!

K9 I agree- silence doesn't mean no...besides, 14 times a charm...:h

Trying not to drink....Somewhat difficult but so far so good.
      Hugs everyone:l

Nora, sorry I disappeared from Skype this afternoon. Just got overwhelmed...along with work and Matt coming home, I get this request from a relative to take distribution on property my mom left all us girls...I just don't want to connect AT ALL with any family right now but she wants an answer in a week. Yuk.....
      Love you.
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

kradle I made the stew. I loved it, dh ate it. may add some lentels tomorrow.
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I thought that was uou! I've had 2 bowls! I would love to go completely vegetarian. Just don't know how I would swing it with all theme at eaters in the house!

PS: In case anyone was wondering, that's Matthieu at age one...feel a need to post them...
          :l
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle I hear ya...dh is one of those fellows too but if I don't cook meat he cant eat it..
            Like if I don't by wine I cant drink it...I am feeling really good about that part too..
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey all. Trying to read & catch up with what I missed......

Kradle - love the baby picture of Matt. I figured you were busy today - don't even worry about it. Just know that I'm around whenever you need me.

Strong - Congratulations! Great job!! :l

Techie - so good to see you. I've been worrying about your eyes. :l

K9 - I think I can hear you coughing from here. :H I'm sure you'll be sick in bed tomorrow.

Mama - I was so happy for you to graduate and to be asked to come back. I know you are a special person and they know it too. That's really good.

Dotte - you are sounding good!

Pauly - I hope you get some sleep!

Liz - isn't it great when we don't think about alcohol? You are on the road to recovery. :h

Gettin - I am glad that you are liking your OP therapy. You are sounding better.

istym4me - how are you doing?

Is Glass still on vacation? Recovering from her son's wedding probably.

Tony - I'm so glad to have you around here. You always have the right pic to post.

I got Mom out of the house today!!! We went to a store with my Uncle and then to The Dollar Tree. As we were driving,, she kept saying that she didn't remember the last time she was out. So that was good news. My brother tries and tries to get her out but she doesn't want to. So, this was good.

Ok - off to read. Lots & lots of love to everyone.....
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey everybody,aww hes so cute kradle! i miss those days sometimes when we had all the control over the kids,shoot worry about them more now than i ever did when they were little,then it was cuts,bruises,falls now its drugs,driving,and them just being brats! nora glad youre getting mom out of the house its cute how even a trip to dollar tree means alot to someone whos been cooped up,guys i have got to try and get into the docs today,my sinuses are killing me! hopefully theyll have an opening,and hopefully they wont just say "allergies,take a claritin" its getting worse not better,i cant even function in the evenings havent seen louie in two days,just too weak and congested,hope everyone has a good day later peeps
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

It SNOWED here last night. Hardly snows here ever and here it is snowing in Nov. I swear the world is coming to an end. :H

Everyone sounds good. K9...no news is good news. I wouldn't say it is over. They may takes months to fill that slot. I interviewed people weeks ago to fill positions and my boos is so dang slow, they probably think we forgot them...nope she's just slack is all. Drives me nuts!! I wouldn't say its over yet.

Everyone talking about homemade soups makes me hungry. Sounds yummy.
                  AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Morning ! So..........Nora, been wondering, how goes it in Dos Gatos ? Ha!
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Afternoon all,
                      It is just too darn cold here..I am not ready for this yet...bbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrr
                      Need to run some errands but cant get dh off his dead buttttt....sigh
                      I need to set the alarm so we get up earlier...retirement is making us lazy.
                      K9 it took almors 3 months for the last folks to finally hire me..looking back I wish they had not...Horrid job with the boss from he%%...so I retired early....may look around again at some point but for now I am just going to take it easy and fix up this house.
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie, just sleep when you want to. Geez we are tied to alarm clocks most of our lives.

Kradle Matt was such a cute baby. He will get right again soon. Just keep strong. Im thinking about you.

Nora hope you had a good day with your Mama.

My OP therapy is going good. Its getting easier. I have another all day function Saturday and Sunday we are going to Charleston for the day to eat seafood for my bday. I might even guilt the kids to go to church with me since it is my day and all. HE HE
                        AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Hey guys,well went to the doc sinus infection as i suspected,shoulda went weeks ago got antibiotics,i used to be scared of getting them cuz youre not supposed to drink on em,nice not to worry about that,so my 15 year old son thinks he wants a hookah! no fricken way now hes pouting all afternoon,he never even knew what one was til his friend was talking about it the other day brats! have a good rest of the day
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hookah, talk about a way to spread germs! Wow, everyone sucking from the same air and then the nipples and hoses aren't cleaned well. NOT to mention most will eventually or from the start put pot in it- not that that's that bad but with all the synthetic pot out there right now- it's scary! No way! Agreed.

MY son came home with something like one, almost $100 bucks, he was 15. I went in and threatened to
                            shut them down f they didn't give me the money back.

Comment

Dottie Belle;1584570 wrote: Afternoon all,
                              It is just too darn cold here..I am not ready for this yet...bbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrr
                              Need to run some errands but cant get dh off his dead buttttt....sigh
                              I need to set the alarm so we get up earlier...retirement is making us lazy.
                              K9 it took almors 3 months for the last folks to finally hire me..looking back I wish they had not...Horrid job with the boss from he%%...so I retired early....may look around again at some point but for now I am just going to take it easy and fix up this house.
                              Dottie - my husband and I cannot wait for the day when we can wake up whenever we wake up. We practice on weekends and whenever we can.
                              10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Yes u all are right . Just sleep until I wake up...or when the dog stands on my chest and asks to go out...or the cat whacks me to fill the food bowl....guess it is good that they are not morning pets..
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X