One Step at a Time - November 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora, so nice you got mom out. Sounds like a fun day. I happen to love dollar tree!

Kradle, Matt is so cute! Wish they could stay that little.

Gettin, hope you enjoy your birthday weekend. I'm sure the little ones will go to church with you.

K9, hope you're "feeling better". Did you enjoy you're day?

I had dinner with "friends " this evening. Our girls are the same age and went to preschool together. We have kept in touch all these years (girls are now23). I used to enjoy being with them. Tonight the one was just going on about her daughter, designer purses, designer shoes, a boyfriend who takes her only to expensive resturants, the great job she has, plastic surgeries shes having. OMG. The other mom and I barely got a word in. If there was any al around I would have drunk it! We used to be such good friends, I don't know why she's like this. Toxic, I tell you. I can't deal with it. I need to get rid of the toxins in my life. So sadly that's gonna be that.

Comment

Hey folks
      This is a long one seeing as I?ve been absent recently. I?m desperately trying to catch up so please forgive me for any faux pas!

Firstly, after all the excitement of the wedding and all, I?ve just come home from this place: Byron Bay Resort Byron so hopefully I can be excused seeing as I?ve practically been at the edge of the world. Well, this little bit of it anyway. I was as close to the west coast of US as I could be, and looked out for you, but you were all moving too fast.
      [img]a href=[/img][/IMG]

Kradle ?I understand how hard this time must be for you sweetie, but keep the faith that you?re doing the right thing. It?s better for Matt to be angry with you now and disappointed in the short term than to go completely off the rails and be in real danger of ruining his life, which was where he was heading. What?s the policy about you communicating with him while he?s away ? can you write, ring and send care packages etc? If so, that can be tremendously valuable for all of you.

Dottie ? hope the snow isn?t too much of a problem ? I got quite sunburned yesterday and will now be giving Rudolf a run for his money.

Mama ? I love the idea of your prayer chain. Just a small administrative matter, um? where along the chain am I? Assuming I?m on it of course. I just want to check I?m not right at the end in case you repeatedly fall asleep before you get to me. Actually that?s OK for now, because there are others that need it more, but is there a process for getting bumped up if I need it?

Talking of car troubles, I had to call a mechanic before I left on Monday and $1375 later all I had done was the brakes fixed. Still, pretty important part I guess!

Ps ? if there any vegan lentil stew recipes going around, please share.
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

GHE, glad you didn't slip off the edge of the world..LOL SO, Rudolph will be lead by the Aussies this year? :H :H Glad the wedding was nice and you had a good trip.

Its freezing here this morning. REALLY cold. BRRRR..Brit has a concert tonight. Don't know that I have mentioned it, but my daughter is on full scholarship for vocal performance. She sings opera. Her major is Marketing/Advertising, but she sings very well.

I hope Zak has been bundled up for school. He is at his dads so who knows. I guess I need to get him some more hoodies so I know for sure he is staying warm. He hates jackets just like his Mama.

I hope you all have a great day!!!
        AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Glass, cute post. I thought I saw you standing there, as I was looking over the ocean on the east coast here!

Mama glass is right, am I near the end of that prayer chain? I tend to fall asleep like that as well. FYI I will be starting my own prayer chain today. Look out people, there is no way we can't conquer this

Gettin, wow impressive. Your daughter must be very talented. You have much to be proud of!

Happy Thursday all!

Comment

Hi Steppers! I've been away far too long and thought it was time for me to check in. I hope everyone is well. I'll do some back reading to try to catch up but life moves on quickly at MWO. I am well. A few bumps in the road have given me better perspective and greater strength. I've also found a wonderful therapist who is my cheerleader and that is a great help in moving forward. So catch me up if there's news to be told! I've missed you!
            beep beep
            ~nurdl
            :notes:
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

I forgot to add:
              :yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo:
              :notes:
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

NURDL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My pink car is back!!!! YAY!!
                I am here...don't know if yesterday was a sick day or a mental health day, but I stayed home in bed and snuggled all day. No AL was involved, so please don;t worry. And I did go to the doctor and I have fluid behind my ears so we "need to watch and see if it gets worse, then come get antibiotics"
                I hate that as it is another co-pay, but I know docs are cutting back on dispensing meds....
                back to work...the veritable shit hit the fan in my absence yesterday, so I got to stuff to do!!
                Have not read back, but will
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

and yes Glass...you are in my chain....:l

so...HOOKAHS...yuk!!!
                  Nora got Mom out of the house YAY!!
                  Gettin's daughter sings OPERA???? WOW!!!!
                  Pauly...it WAS a sinus infectiuon and you needed meds.....hope that's not the case for me...
                  Kradle....Matt's picture is adorable....sometimes we have to hold onto images of them when they were little just to keep from killing them!
                  We still think K9 has a shot at the job
                  Dotties likes soup and sleeping in...ME TOO!!!
                  it'sd snowing somewhere...
                  phone is ringing...gotta go grab it

Comment

Good afternoon Steppers.......I just came in from doing a whole morning full chores. Turned out to be a nice day today here in "Charm City' (Baltimore) Hope everyone is doing fine. Tony
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hip-hip hooray Nurdl..

Hope the fluid doesn't become an infection Mama. I hate that. Now if it does he should just call in the med, but he wont.

Tony come run my errands. I hate running errands.

All my son wants for Christmas is an ipad. Spent two hours this morning figuring out the best way to buy it and add it to my AT&T plan. Gee wiz. Kid better love me. Yep, I have a song bird. Me nor her dad can sing a note and here she is fla-la-la'ing her way through college. She tells me if it falls through she has kept her VERY long hair to be a stripper. HA...not funny! She is a real comedian.

HOOKAH...WTF? Brit goes to the Hookah clubs here. I think that is the dumbest crap I have heard in awhile. You don't smoke, why would you do that? It is a phase that will pass. I wish AL had been a passing phase for me...WTH happened? Oh well...no booze for awhile now. WOW....realized last night I wont drink my bday this year...first time in a LONG time

Comment

yep Gettin...another co-pay!!
                        I took vocal lessons and sang with a band, church choir,etc.....I miss music!
                        an iPad....will you be my mommy?
                        Hi Tony!!
                        I feel like I have an aquarium on my head....swish, swish, swish
                        gotta get focused...I need to write a report and THINK...ugh!

Comment

Nurdl...therapy has been great for me!!

Comment

did I mention my favorite new saying?
                            Embrace the Suck
                            in other words, if you are having a crappy day or going through a bad time, embrace it. Own it, deal with it and don't numb it by using......

Comment

Glad you explained that Mama cause I was lost..LOL I like it though. I might use it in my next group session. Maybe I will sound smart.

Comment

I like that saying Mama : "Embrace the Suck" Ha! Hay....when things are beyond your control ! What can you do.....
                                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X