• Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - November 2013

now poor hubby is getting sick....jeez
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Poor Papa Bear! I am so tired of sickness!!! Sierra/Adina was coming down with something on Friday so I forced tons of Vitamin C down her and made her stay in bed. Thankfully it went away. I did not want her to get so sick that she couldn't go to her dads. Yes, part of it was selfishness on my part.
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hope everybody is feeling better.

Sorry - but I'm just lurking right now. Not much to contribute at the moment. But, I'm thinking of everyone & will get my happy face back on soon.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

are you TTFP Nora???
          sorry to be a nag, but you sink really low when you are missing your parents

Comment

Hey guys,sheesh i had anxiety from hell last nite over nothing! went to bed early but it woke me up had to take a klonopin at 1:30 to calm down,i dont understand how sometimes i cant even remember what being anxious feels like,then sometimes it hits me like a sledgehammer,i think partly itsnthe holidays,i dont want to drink you guys,im scared of it,but i keep thinking of last year and all the resolve i had not to drink but i ended up doing it anyways,stupid! i dont wanna be stupid anymore,hope youre o.k nora check in k?luv ya guys have a good tuesday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

stopping drinking has always caused me anxiety
              I can remember being at dinner with Hubs and watching him drink while I wasn't and it made my heart pound in my ears
              Plus, the holidays are really stressful, especially if money is tight
              hope you feel better hun

Comment

Good morning peeps,

Hope all are well, I am off to NY for Thanksgiving. Hope everyone stays safe and has a great week.

FT
                AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Have a good trip ft mama,how long did it take for your anxiety to go away after quitting?
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Kids!

Sorry about the anxiety Pauly, I know that feeling all too well. Mine went away a few weeks after quitting drinking. It hits now and then, but nothing like it did when I was under the influence. Hang in there, it will pass! At least you have something to take the edge off.

Have a safe trip FT! Are you going to see your lady love?

Mama - I started that show Top of The Lake last night....really good! I also saved The Killing in my queue....I have plenty to watch this weekend! How is Papa Bear feeling today?

Nora - Keep TTFP...I am making a serious effort to take it. Whenever Sierra is gone and I have time off work...well that could lead to disaster. Thinking of you and sending hugs your way :l

Comment

Good morning everyone...morning FT:l Thanksgiving in NY sound wonderful. Are you going to meet your love's Parents??

Pauly, I've been reading a book called The Heart Of Addiction and it grabs you right from the start! It's an entirely new way of looking at our problem - one which focuses on the the reason why we all drink and seem so helpless up against it... It deviates from the AA model of alcoholism which works as we know but for many people but not everyone...... Usually I find these types of books to be really pandering and often just repackaging of old ideas but this wasn't ...have a look; I think it might help :h

Mama, sounds like you are working your tush off over there and now DH is sick!! We all need independent wealth so we can hire 24/7 caregivers for our loved ones....mine has got the recurrent 'knee trouble...'

Nora, :l

We are all heading tommorrow to the great world lodge for thanksgiving...while I'm looking forward of course...Matt won't be there.....sigh.....

Love to everyone- have to get these hormonal hellions off to school!! :nutso:

:l:h
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hi Kradle!!!

Have the two hellions started their monthlies yet (sorry fellas!)? Sierra started when she was 10 years old! Thank goodness it happened at home, on a Saturday, so we were able to deal with it for a couple days before she had to attempt going to school with her "supplies". Poor girl...every time it rolls around I feel bad for her. I have an implant in my arm that prevents me from having it...EVER! I love it

Comment

Hi Honey...no we haven't been blesses with the curse yet...:H I think this is the run up.

They're in the bathroom right now singing Lean On Me....respite!!!
                          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Sometimes the build up to the curse is worse than the actual curse itself! You may find yourself thinking "Just start already"...!!!

At LEAST they are not singing the Fox Song! Or any Miley Cyrus tunes.

Comment

LOL you guys are funny, no I am sorry but her parents are both passed but I am going to meet her kids.
                              FT
                              AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                              As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Have a wonderful trip FT

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY????

Comment

Working...
                                X