One Step at a Time - November 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys. Missed yesterday totally. Feeling better today. Time to get myself in gear and get the house ready for the masses! Lots of baking to be done, which I hate! Happy Thursday all. I'll check back later.

Nora I'm a little worried about you. You gonna be ok? 84 days is amazing!

Comment

Pauly that's brilliant! I may try doing a side or two today as well! We booked out trip to Las Vegas! I'm so excited! You'll have to fill me in on the have to see stuff.

Comment

Hi Peeps!

Nora! 84 days...wow, that is great! You've only skipped one day, and you know it's still not too late to TTFP today :h Pauly is right...who wants to go back to days 1, 2, 3, 4....? Not only physically, but mentally. UGH.

Hi Liz! Where are you staying in Vegas? Last time I was there I stayed at the Excalibur. That was my first and only trip to Vegas where I didn't smoke or drink...I was actually quite angelic...we were in our room by 9pm every night. I took my daughter, so that may explain it. LOL

Wow...all the cooking. Nothing planned here. Gonna lay in bed with my dogs, books and Netflix...and I am so excited!

Love y'all....will check in later. I hope Mama is relaxing!!!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Mama is being a bum on the sofa.
          Bret is home from his surgery with a squillion stitches in his had and feeling grumpy. YAY......not
          Nora....84 days???? Damn girl, that's almost three months. I am so proud of you.
          I need to get my butt in gear and get started on Thanksgiving, but I am wallowing and loving it.
          I love you all and hope you have blessed day tomorrow...and I am going to be thankful....things have been a wee bit miserable for us lately, but I still have so much to be thankful for.
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Quick sneak in from work.....I did TTFP today. No promises for the future but for today I am not drinking (and for the next two weeks thanks TTFP )

Happy Thanksgiving
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Same here Nora! All I know is that I TTFP today too. Tomorrow has it's own issues.

Comment

One day at a Time Loves.
                Today I chose to be sober.....
                Nora...if you hit 90 days K9 and I will buy you a HUGE present....anything you want. SHE is rich:H:H:h

Comment

I completely have blown it. My BFF from school committed suicide. She called a week ago depressed and asked could she come and I said yes. She seemed to have cheered up some on the phone. I've been drinking. Sobering up now and the anxiety and emotions are almost too much.
                  AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Oh girt - I'm so very sorry - how awfully tragic and so sad for you and her family and other friends. Hang in there sweetie and try and get through this as best you can without drinking. You know that will make you feel much worse.

I'm just about to leave for Sydney for my school friend's funeral so I'll be out of touch for a couple of days.

hugs all. xxxxx
                    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

travel safe Glass
                      oh gettin....I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry. A close friend of mine committed suicide a few years ago and I was a wreck.
                      We are here.....and I know you know this.....AL won't help....It will deepen your depression and sadness.
                      much love sweetie

Comment

Al put down. Feel like total crap. Heartbroken...she could've come here. I would've done all I could. I guess she just was tired. Sometimes life is just more than some can handle.

Comment

I am so sorry about your friend! It's sooo hard when you realize they are no longer around by their own choice....I'm sure she knew you were there for her, but it was probably still not enough, once their minds are made up, NOTHING is enough. I feel for you, and for her family. :l

Comment

Her brother committed suicide in 2006. She knew the pain it leaves your family in. I don't know to cry or be pissed at her. I'm doing both.

Comment

I was furious with my friend for a long time. I have not thought about her in a while. The pain does fade. She was just beyond your help sweetie. She made her mind up. I am so sorry. Get hydrated and try to grieve sober. Love you.

Comment

Sobered up Mana. Going to start cooking soon. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Comment

Working...
                                X