Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November Undies

byebyebridgetjones;1589234 wrote:
    How lovely that you are still in contact with all these friends, Glassy. I really appreciate the kind of friends that you might not see for a long time, but when you do, nothing's changed.
    Yep - times like these make me realise how bloody lucky I am with my friends.

Cakes, I had an idea it would be you who would look at my smudge stick and see a doob.:H:H
    Either you or Mr G:H
    Ummm, yeah that would actually be me. :blushing:

Well I've decided that I am an isolater. And this week my mini mission is to isolate less. Some interesting reading on the reprised Byrdlady thread about staying sober.
    Right, well there shall be no isolating on our watch. OK? If any of this is unclear refer to above.

EDIT: PS Happs - go for Selfish Sunday. I have just discovered that life's too bloody short for anything else.
    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

November Undies

byebyebridgetjones;1589234 wrote: Some interesting reading on the reprised Byrdlady thread about staying sober.
      I particularly liked this one by K9:
      "Life is so much easier without alcohol in it. No more stopping at the liquor store every night (and trying to remember which one was next on the rotation schedule), making sure I had enough to get me through the night, making excuses for why I couldn't go anywhere or drive after 6pm, scrambling to piece together the night before, etc, etc... Life is simple now. I can go anywhere at any time of the day or night. I don't panic when I get an invitation to a social event because it cuts into my drinking time. I wake up early on weekends and don't have anxiety or regrets from the night before. I don't live in a fog and I don't look/feel like crap all day. But the best thing of all is I can look my daughter in the eye and know that I'm not lying to her anymore."

I just wish I could get my crap together and make my life simple again.
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

November Undies

I like what Byrd lady says about removing the choice.
        It's just not going to happen. Ever. For any reason. The answer is no.

You know when your kids were growing up and you said 'No' and meant it? And they sensed that there was bugger all chance of it turning into a 'yes'? So they gave up immediately and went and played outside with 2 sticks and a rock?
        THAT'S the voice we need to use with ourselves.
        Caesar Milan also does it with dogs. No means no.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

November Undies

Glassy - Muchos Huggios to you, my friend. I love what K9 wrote above, she's an inspiration...for sure. Thanks for reposting that.
          It's a beautiful day here...the first non rainy weekend day for a couple of weeks. So we're getting rid of crap from the yard. Think I'll make it a metaphorical 'getting rid of crap' day...yeah, that's it.
          Good to see you Reg, you big sailor you.
          *wave* to Froglette & everyone else.
          Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

November Undies

Greetings Undies!

Oh how I envy you lot... as I'm staring out at the great white North that is my world for the next 6 months. The fact that it takes 10 minutes just to get out the door (what with boots 'n hats 'n mittens 'n scarfs 'n whatnots) alone pisses me off :H

Glassy.. very sorry for your loss. Like Reggie said.. it sucks and never gets easier.
            Bridge.. love the Byrdie quote as well as what you said after. Sounds real simple, doesn't it?
            Happs.. I keep forgetting that you guys are wayyyy ahead of us humble folk over here. How was Dr. Who? And, go for selfish Sunday.

Righty... better waddle off. Carry on!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

November Undies

Hellooooo Sunny Bum.
              Yep it sounds simple, but I think it actually is simple if we let it be. I reckon we tell the 2 year old in our brain who's boss:H
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

November Undies

Hi beauties. Off to the mountains for Thanksgiving here. Think of you all constantly. Love you!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

November Undies

I'm racing through today, sorry, but Glassy - big hugs.
                  Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

November Undies

Hey Reg. I'm here mate for what it's worth, and I hear ya. You're an amazing bloke. Your family are lucky to have such a thoughtful, creative fella around, and so are we. Yap away if it helps.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

November Undies

Hey what's up?
                      Are you OK Vegetable my gorgeous?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

November Undies

Ohhhh

Existential angst!

SO that old bullshit where you don't know why you're here and WTF you're s'posed to do with your life.....

Is THAT all:H:H:H
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

November Undies

Reggie;1589465 wrote: And my beautiful Bridgee I did go sailing yesterday in the rain was a wonderful environment to be in sorta reflecting my mood stormy seas if ya get my drift ..just a bit of the sads at the moment long term relations are defo hard yards.
                          I hear that brother.
                          I often feel quite lonely in them actually. (might delete this:H)
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

November Undies

Reggie;1589466 wrote: Fuck off :H:H:goodjob:
                            :H:H:H

I miss ya Reg.
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

November Undies

Reggie;1589465 wrote: long term relations are defo hard yards.
                              I wouldn't know, but i hope to one day experience this phenomenae. All the best with it Reg.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

November Undies

:H
                                So give us an outline Reg.
                                What's going on?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X