X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November Undies

Guitarista;1581282 wrote: Morning all,

On ya Glassy!

'Tis a glorious spring morning here. Forecast sunny, 29c. Off to visit a friend for lunch before she travels north to Christmas island to work for 3 months with refugee's seeking asylum, currently in detention after arriving illegally via boat. Some of these folks have been locked up for years, including children. Outrageous.

All good here, and rockin' the kasbah. Take care y'all.

L8tr, Yo!

Morning all! hope everyone is well...zooming through...be good... Attached files [img]/converted_files/2210579=7655-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

November Undies

Glass Half Empty;1581285 wrote:

And G, after reading your post I'm now very embarrassed about the triv...triviality,...trivi something of mine.
      Well Glassy, i for one want the latest, i say the latest up to the minute updates on what you're wearing to the wedding, and what your boy and his mates are up to.

myhappyplace;1581303 wrote:

Morning all! hope everyone is well...zooming through...be good...
      Nice one Happs.

G'day Missy! Safe travels Bridgey!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

November Undies

Guitarista;1581309 wrote: Well Glassy, i for one want the latest, i say the latest up to the minute updates on what you're wearing to the wedding, and what your boy and his mates are up to.
        well Ok- if u insist!
        Spanx

Spanx me baby!
        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

November Undies

Guitarista;1581282 wrote: Morning all,

On ya Glassy!

'Tis a glorious spring morning here. Forecast sunny, 29c. Off to visit a friend for lunch before she travels north to Christmas island to work for 3 months with refugee's seeking asylum, currently in detention after arriving illegally via boat. Some of these folks have been locked up for years, including children. Outrageous.

All good here, and rockin' the kasbah. Take care y'all.

L8tr, Yo!
          Correct me here if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that it's not illegal to seek asylum in this country if you are in danger in your own country. So if the people are arriving by boat are under persecution or in danger in their own country they're not arriving illegally. Of course the government & media describe them as illegal boat people which peeves me. And I guess some of them do turn out to be illegal. Enjoy your lunch Gster xo And thanks for reminding me of how bloody lucky I am to be Strayan, bloody best country in the world if you ask me.
          EDIT: Noo Zulands not bad either.
          Good morning all, crikey...bit early for that heavy shit ain't it!!!
          Stuff to do, people to see, things to sew.
          Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

November Undies

Guitarista;1581309 wrote: Well Glassy, i for one want the latest, i say the latest up to the minute updates on what you're wearing to the wedding, and what your boy and his mates are up !
            Yeah, and I want menu updates...I think carbs are good. Pasta & salad. Maybe an Indian veggie curry, with potatoes to bulk it up for 'em...I'm hungry

Comment

November Undies

A Better Me;1581316 wrote: Correct me here if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that it's not illegal to seek asylum in this country if you are in danger in your own country. So if the people are arriving by boat are under persecution or in danger in their own country they're not arriving illegally. Of course the government & media describe them as illegal boat people which peeves me. And I guess some of them do turn out to be illegal. Enjoy your lunch Gster xo And thanks for reminding me of how bloody lucky I am to be Strayan, bloody best country in the world if you ask me.
              Nope - you're not wrong. That pretty much sums it up and is why most of us are pretty damned pissed off with the guvment's stand on "illegal" boat people. Who aren't illegal at all, but let's not get started on that one!

Comment

November Undies

myhappyplace;1580980 wrote: Second that...

How's the back Cakes?
                Happs the back is fine...it's bizarre. After about an hour at work yesty I was doubled over. Then the Masseur sorted me out but not 100% and then after a little lie down it was fine. Pains just gone. And you know I've had some dreadful Melbourne Cup days back in the drinking days...they often turned out disastrous, one in particular about 4-5 yrs ago, and I don't like gambling. I'm wondering if it was a little psychological...I still have no idea who won the Cup.

Comment

November Undies

A Better Me;1581324 wrote: Yeah, and I want menu updates...I think carbs are good. Pasta & salad. Maybe an Indian veggie curry, with potatoes to bulk it up for 'em...I'm hungry
                  Hmmm..maybe not curry, given the wedding sitch, but pasta, yes - very much pasta!

Comment

November Undies

A Better Me;1581316 wrote: Correct me here if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that it's not illegal to seek asylum in this country if you are in danger in your own country. So if the people are arriving by boat are under persecution or in danger in their own country they're not arriving illegally. Of course the government & media describe them as illegal boat people which peeves me. And I guess some of them do turn out to be illegal. Enjoy your lunch Gster xo And thanks for reminding me of how bloody lucky I am to be Strayan, bloody best country in the world if you ask me.
                    I laughed at your edit and the reason for it :H

And you are absolutely 100% correct - it makes my blood boil when I hear asylum seekers being called illegal. They have a right in international law to do so. Its a bit of a hobby horse of mine and I have a friend who is a human right lawyer who acts for refugees and the way they are treated by the immigration authorities is appalling.
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

November Undies

Looks like I'm not the only one not getting much work done this morning ..... :H
                      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

November Undies

Hi Undies.. just popping in for a quick hello.

Happs.. I'm so sorry about your chicks I know how you feel. Are you sure it was a fox, though? A fox will usually take one (and often take it with him/her). We had a fisher once slaughter 7 chickens and 5 rabbits in one night :upset: It was awful and senseless since he didn't kill for food.
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

November Undies

Guitarista;1581282 wrote:

currently in detention after arriving illegally via boat.
                          Yes. I should've put the word illegally in inverted comma's.

I note Spanx the power shaper's are currently at a discount price Glassy. What an uncomfortable looking garment.

Hi GG!

L8tr. Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

November Undies

Hey my lovely friends
                            well i had a huge meltdown this morning and I think I'm now over the worst.
                            Normal transmission has resumed! :h

Comment

November Undies

Word of caution on Spanx. They can make you very hot. It is an extra, very thick layer, that does not breathe.

Comment

November Undies

Monkey:l sorry about your chooks..GG might have a point?
                                2 cents re the boat people....if they are "illegal aliens" we are all "illegal aliens"
                                Is Miss Tawny to return?
                                Howdy GMan!
                                Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
                                X