Your Goal ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Goal ???

My goal is to be healthy and semi-retired!!

Sammys

Comment

Your Goal ???

Good Post Macks. In five years I hope to be spending time with my grandchildren (not born yet), lol and that I have grown in all areas of life. Since starting MWO I have become more creative and now make jewelry and I'm taking art classes and hope to continue on the path of recovery and self awareness.

Love to all
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Your Goal ???

in 5 yrs I should be 3 yrs away from retirement, sober, funny as hell and cute as a button ...oh and have a body to die for!

wish me luck!
        K
        Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
        April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
        wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
        wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
        wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
        wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
        wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
        wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
        http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Your Goal ???

oh yeah and by then I hopfully will be dating a rich guy with a yacht! :yougo:
          Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
          April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
          wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
          wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
          wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
          wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
          wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
          wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
          http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Your Goal ???

hopefully 5 years from now we won't be posting about drunken moments and blackouts broken relationships etc.
            Peace
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Your Goal ???

In my five year plan, what I want most of all is to have energy and enthusiam for every good thing that life has to offer. I want days and days to go by at a time when I don't give alcohol a single thought. I want to have started taking classes for the career I'm going to begin once I retire. Basically, I want to be happy with every aspect of my life.

Julie

Comment

Your Goal ???

With regards to alcohol, I believe that it will always be an issue in my life... but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Re alcohol, I think in 5 years time, alcohol will still be an issue but the work that I am doing on myself today (and of course ongoing) is setting me up to be in a position so that I can deal with alcohol appropriately, as I had let it get out of control over the past 5 years. I'm happy with what I have achieved to date but have a *lot* more work to do and I am sort of enjoying the challenge (lol... sounds weird, I know). I can see progress and I am getting back to the old me, which is great. I've given up the yucky stinky cigarettes and now slowly starting to get on top of alcohol. I'm filling the hole with training which I am loving... it's the real me. I know I'm making it sound simplistic and it's not always so simple... all part of the challenge.

My business has almost doubled in turnover in the past 12 months. I've had this business for nearly 14 years! (my god that time has flown by!) and I expect that in another 12 months time it will have doubled again (in fact hoping to achieve that by Christmas time). The next holiday I have which will be our honeymoon, I will *not* be taking the laptop and Blackberry with me... thank you very much, but will be leaving the business in the hands of a manager to run it for me so I can totally switch off for 3 weeks.

Re training, I don't have a 5 year goal, and don't wish to. I like to go with the flow and get into new things and challenges as they present themselves. I do have a 12 week plan though! I'm doing an adventure race in 8 weeks time for fun and a 7 km run event in 12 weeks time. These events are to get me back into the training zone, and after these I'll set my sights on something more competitive because the (healthy) competitive side of me likes to win Win WIN!

Doo
                :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Your Goal ???

Who knows, but it'll be good, I can feel it!
                  Suz
                  Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Your Goal ???

Gee Macks!
                    Your "Mum" is getting older and the number of "five" years may be slowly getting smaller!
                    It is a sobering thought and the one reason that I tend to "Mother" all you younger kids here.
                    I've had a wonderful life. I've done exactly what I wanted to do and that was to be a stay at home full time mom, have three kids and see them all grown up and in happy marriages. I've gotten "bonus" points as I now have four healthy , happy grandchildren. My almost 42 year marriage (Yes it is WORK) is still a pretty good one and we are set to have some good last years.

I have become more self awear because of the alcohol problem and in dealing with it I've learned that I need no one but everyone at the same time....I can now be alone or with a crowd.
                    There is a "Peace" that comes when I look back and know that I have done what I was meant to do even though it was hard at times.

In five years????????

I just see myself still dancing!
                    Sometimes to an unseen drummer but still dancing!

I hope you all join me there!

I love you all.
                    :h Nancy
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                    X