Feeling So Stupid, Hate Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all hate ourselves as we acknowledge our abusive relationship with alcohol. Part of the healing process is learning to forgive yourself. You will gradually be able to do that once you get some distance from alcohol.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi 64 :welcome:

How's it going now? the first weekend is surreal. I always read what the Aussies have to say I've not mentioned before but I'm a dual national (Brit by birth) living back in the UK. I loved my years down under but what I didn't know about drinking before I went there I soon learned so understand the drinking culture bit.

Stick with it , its the best decision you'll ever make even though its tough at times
      AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Hya 64....I'm a "can leave it all day, then guzzle myself into oblivion during the evening" kinda girl myself.....like all the others said...stick close...it can be done....and please believe you are not stupid at all....very strong and clever in fact...you are working on solving the problem. :goodjob: :welcome: xx
        ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Hi 64

How are you doing? I also used to go all day without drinking (except at weekends when I'd often drink at lunch time too) and then guzzle wine all evening. Wake up at 3am full of regret, promise myself I would not drink again... Get through the hangover, still full of resolve and then 5pm would hit and I would be compelled to go and buy more wine and repeat the whole thing..... Crazy when I look back but lots of us were in the same boat!

I am pleased to tell you that this habit can be broken and your new normal will not involve buying and drinking wine. It's such a relief to be free from that and you will be too xxxx
          AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

I've just checked back in here, Sunday night for me and I'm ok, I'm really overwhelmed by the response from all you guys, it's hard to really take in the fact that you've all been like me. I'm still feeling positive, and I'm really working on staying that way - quite looking forward to tomorrow in a bizarre kind of way, can't wait to be able to say I've made it through the first of my 'challenge days'. I hope you all have/have had a great day and thank you so much!
            ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

Queen Bug, Wine-No, I'm so glad to know that you used to be like me but you've managed to change your life -that's great, I just pray that my positive outlook now will still be with me this time tomorrow. Thank you so much for your encouragement, I really appreciate it.
              ---------------------------------

AF from 22 November 2013

Happily on the road to Sobriety - there's nowhere else worth going to...

Comment

sixtyfour;1579371 wrote: I've just checked back in here, Sunday night for me and I'm ok, I'm really overwhelmed by the response from all you guys, it's hard to really take in the fact that you've all been like me. I'm still feeling positive, and I'm really working on staying that way - quite looking forward to tomorrow in a bizarre kind of way, can't wait to be able to say I've made it through the first of my 'challenge days'. I hope you all have/have had a great day and thank you so much!
                Hi Sixtyfour

Just wanna add my late welcome and congrats to you for taking the first step. Well done on making it through the first day- stay close here- reading and posting. Great to hear you're feeling so positive Keep up your good work xx

Comment

sixtyfour;1579375 wrote: Queen Bug, Wine-No, I'm so glad to know that you used to be like me but you've managed to change your life -that's great, I just pray that my positive outlook now will still be with me this time tomorrow. Thank you so much for your encouragement, I really appreciate it.
                  Keep checking back here on this thread. Use it as a diary. You can do this!! We are all here supporting you xx
                  AF since Halloween 2016

Comment

Hi Sixtyfour,

Welcome! I've no other words of wisdom to add to the already great advice from awesome MWO family.

Embrace, immerse and conquer - it may be a bit of a struggle for a wee while but absolutely worth it!

Keep close and post often!
                    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                    Mother Theresa

Comment

64 planning ahead for those trigger moments helps. Stock up on "feel good" drinks and foods. Don't worry about calories right now just keep yourself full and happy. Is it cold enough for hot chocolate. Or hot enough for iced tea? Lots of goodies to get you through the cravings will help. Stay here online if you can. Stick close and post often. The beginning is the tough part it gets easier.
                      Newbies Nest
                      Toolbox
                      My accountability thread

Comment

Hi there sixtyfour. I'm exactly the same! Been going on for years, I'm 50 now and need to stop. I discovered MWO last Sunday, and have not had a drink since (that means 7 days sober). I can hardly believe it; cannot recall a weekend that I've not been tipsy most of the time, usually quite drunk. I've not posted on MWO, but followed members' stories, which have encouraged me and supported me not to drink for a whole seven days. Thank you to all of you out there (in here); and good luck sixtyfour; hope you get well.
                        AF since 28 October 2013
                        600 days on 20 June 2015

Comment

Well done giraffe..and don't be scared to post....it's ok and can really help sometimes :goodjob: xx
                          ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

giraffe welcome! Check out the newbies nest, there's usually someone around. Meanwhile the toolbox is full of great ideas and ways to work on your plan. Congratulations on "coming out"!
                            Newbies Nest
                            Toolbox
                            My accountability thread

Comment

Hi Giraffe! and welcome!! If you've been lurking here, you probably know there's an "award" for the 7 day milestone! Come join us over in the Nest!

Comment

lifechange;1579568 wrote: Hi Giraffe! and welcome!! If you've been lurking here, you probably know there's an "award" for the 7 day milestone! Come join us over in the Nest!
                                Hi Giraffe! Congrats on 7 days! Don't forget to post on the Newbies Nest Roll Call too for added motivation x
                                AF since Halloween 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X