• Show
Clear All

Hi, its Theme2be if you rember me~

I remember you :h Welcome back x
    AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

I remember you well TheMe! Glad to see you back! You know how to beat this beast...it starts by sticking close to us and sharing what's going on. We've all been there/done that so we definitely can help.

No more going away...ok?? We are here for you.

Love,
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Yes, I am going to chime in daily. Today will be full of activities and even going to slip into an AA meeting for I want this week to be Alcohol free. I am dumbfounded over the power it seems to have, so odd. I believed I romanced it before, but, now with new health results I realize it is slithery and not so attractive anymore.
        Thank you for your support, its meaning has much depth to my heart~
        :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

I remember your previous posts were unclear. Now it is clear you are fighting against alcohol. You can win this fight, but you have to stay in the battle. You can do this!
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Theme, it has helped me greatly in my understanding of my relationship with AL to learn how the chemical affects my body/brain chemistry balance. I don't know if you've read much on this stuff, but i've found it really helps me to understand why my body/mind react to booze the way it does. Basically, our body turns to AL as it's main fuel, so when we stop, our body/brain naturally send out the cravings for us to drink, because it thinks AL is what it needs to function. We have to retrain our mind/body that this is not normal, and teach it to function the way it's meant to....on good nutritious foods and water.

Maybe someone can post a link to some of that info.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank you and yes, Guitarista I am only putting it in my cells right now because of the physical discomfort. It settles it down and thus what you are saying makes so much sense. I told my new family Dr about it and he is a recovering Alcoholic and wont give me the medicine I need to withdrawl. I am on a waiting list for a place here that is the only place I have been able to "manage" the symptoms because of the medicine they give you. It takes me about 12 hours. I have Insurance but dont want it on my record so to speak~

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Theme, I remember your posts. Welcome back! It must be tough living in Vegas with all of the temptation around and alcohol practically at your fingertips.

I moved to Pennsylvania a few years ago from a more liberal state as far as liquor is concerned. Pennsylvania has a state controlled system where only state stores can sell liquor. The closest one to my house is 15 minutes away. The distance and not super easy availability really helps.

The reason I mention it is that you say you have a national certification? Maybe moving away from Vegas in the future maybe in the cards for you (pardon the pun)

Just something to think about. Stay strong and good luck.

Comment

Welcome. Glad to see you here. I am looking forward to getting to know you better.
                  Just stay close to us.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Welcome back! I remember you! You can do this - we are here for you! (((((you))))))!

Love Waggy
                    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Thank all you loving hearts~

I am staying close and also have chose to attend some local support meetings and get myself out of my own ponderings and listening.

I have a little card that I am carrying from the tool box. I stay simple to # 1 and that is not drink today. I have two days and over and @ 7 Pm tonight will have 3 days ( I think) but its precious hours for the longer I am away from the wolf masked as a sheep the more I see life again.

Comment

Theme2be;1581651 wrote: Thank all you loving hearts~

I am staying close and also have chose to attend some local support meetings and get myself out of my own ponderings and listening. I agree Theme, that ruminating can literally drown us. Good on you for realizing this trap.

Theme2be;1581651 wrote:
                        I have a little card that I am carrying from the tool box. I stay simple to # 1 and that is not drink today. I have two days and over and @ 7 Pm tonight will have 3 days ( I think) but its precious hours for the longer I am away from the wolf masked as a sheep the more I see life again.

Also so true the longer we give ourselves AF time the clearer things can become. And day 3 it is!! You can do this.
                        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Hi all been a few, but, wanted to re chime in that I am alive and well and going to get back involved here. I could not recall my codes to log on.
                          I am still doing and have not progressed past the point I am at with The Cirrhosis. I remain optimistic and am almost totally Vegan with most of what I eat/drink from my own garden. I swear its a miracle after reading The Gerson Miracle. I want to reach out to anyone else with liver disease and encourage to never give up hope.
                          Time to go play some music...love to you

Comment

Hugs, The Me... sometimes when we think of others, we have the strength to take care of ourselves.
                            I hope you stay nearby to give others hope. :h

Patty
                            "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
                            so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
                            :hug:

Comment

Working...
                            X