Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Wednesday 6 November

Morning all

Quiet in the barracks - apart from the odd snore and somebody talking in their sleep.

I'll just stand duty all by my lonesome self.:upset:

Decided I need some coffee - as if that's going to make me go back to sleep again.

Show up when you're ready - there's no rush....
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Update: the Cape robins are awake and keeping me company

Comment

Another alkie from South Africa?!?
      Man!!! We're taking over!!
      Have a lekker day!!!
      Sol xxx
      PS. 35Celsius in Pretoria today!!!!

Comment

Hi Sol(itaire) - love the way this place abbreviates/changes everybody's name! Yip, another Saffa drunk. I blame the Huguenots:H.
        Went to school in Pta and then lived there a few years later - still miss the jacarandas, but that's about it. Enjoy the sunshine - and the thunderstorms.

Comment

Good morning Dreamy and Sol

I sense a nanna nap in your immediate future, Dreamy. As for the birds kepping you company - I wish they wouldn't start quite so early. It's always a sign that the alarm is just about to go off.

Cool and overcast in Cape Town today. I hope we get a bit of rain - it makes my life easier because I don't have to water the garden.

We've had alkies from Durban and East London on the Army thread in the past, so we're fairly well-represented :H:H:H

Have a lekker day!
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

You asked about the origin of kit hen: when Satz got her new smartphone (or was it a tablet?), she tended to make a few typos, kitChen being one of them. I then asked what a kit hen was, suggesting that it was a DIY assembly chook (chicken). Poultry a la Ikea, kinda. The phrase subsequently stuck.
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Mornng guys
              I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Morning all,

Happy Hump Day.

Comment

Morning Pink, Chick - all well?

Thought kit hen would have some sort of story. No nana nap - first have to do some interpretative wordsmithing

Comment

Boeretroos, biltong, vetkoek or koeksisters for brekkie, Molls?

Comment

Good morning Deamydooooo (picked up a kilo of oooooooooooooooos yesterday), Sol, Tipperoooooooo, Pinkles, Chickadee, Mollymoooooooooooooooooo.

Got one of those heads on that I just cannot be bothered to go into the voluntary place today. Trouble is I know I'll feel so much better for going but me bed was just soooooooooo comfy and I can hear it calling my name.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning a quick fly by from Whizzy. Off to visit my sister and do a bit of shopping.

Have a great day

Comment

Morning Our Whizzy

Now I'm washed ,dressed and stuck me head in my make up bag and managed to wangle a lift to the Metro from the son and heir feel slightly more enthused.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Quick drive-by fruiting from meeeee. I'm all scrubbed up, washed behind me ears, hair squeaky clean and pretty much ready to put myself in the hands of the Docs at 8.00 a.m. It's my least favourite thing in the world to do but I'm trying not to be too scared shitless. Kenny stayed over to keep my mind of shite and the sounds of dual snoring is in the air... harmonic and melodious all at once. Compliments Yer Wan Indoors perfectly.

If they don't keel me (I KEEL you!!!) I'll see yiz later in the day. I went out and bought myself loads of treats yesterday so I better be feeling good enough to eat all this shit later!

In other news... happy hump day for those that are interested in being over the hump! Personally, I shall be glad to get this one behind me.

Comment

Working...
                              X