Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Friday 8th November

Good morning, Army

Awake at 4 :upset: At least I can hit the road early. Mrs. T is going for a mammograb later in the day, so she'll be working from home. Whether it will be POETS remains to be seen, but rest assured I'll do my best

Busy weekend ahead. We need to do all chores and errands tomorrow, since we're participating in the Big Walk again on Sunday. 4th year - it's become a bit of a tradition. Got our race numbers and goodie bags yesterday.

Have a lekker Friday, folksies.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Hi Tips, sleepers
    Have some coffee for the road.

Mammograb's a good description.

Google Doodle day - have a look
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1582228 wrote: Hi Tips, sleepers
      Have some coffee for the road.

Mammograb's a good description.

Google Doodle day - have a look
      :goodjob: on the coffee

The commute was good enough, though - managed to avoid the rush.

I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve doodles and doodling. Before the advent of smartphones and tablets I used to fill pages upon pages with doodles during boring corporate meetings and workshops. I even bought doodle-friendly pens :H

Plans for the weekend?
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1582245 wrote: doodle-friendly pens :H
        How do they differ from the doodle-unfriendly ones? God, the things I come across on the boards here - mind-expanding

Isn't a good commute somewhat of a contradiction in terms? Or are there shades and degrees of "good"?

WE plans: release my inner farmer & get my veggie seeds in - left it till too late; culture-vulturing at local art exhibition; take the camera, binocs & bird guides on a dirt road

Comment

Good and bad commutes explained:

"The worst times to travel were Monday mornings and Thursday afternoons, the best Friday mornings and Monday afternoons." quoted from And the worst traffic in SA is… | Wheels24

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1582247 wrote: How do they differ from the doodle-unfriendly ones? God, the things I come across on the boards here - mind-expanding

Isn't a good commute somewhat of a contradiction in terms? Or are there shades and degrees of "good"?

WE plans: release my inner farmer & get my veggie seeds in - left it till too late; culture-vulturing at local art exhibition; take the camera, binocs & bird guides on a dirt road
            Those gel pens work brilliantly for doodles - the lines and shaded areas look sooooooooooo much better

There are definitely shades of good when it comes to commuting. Not quite the same as Shades of Grey, I hasten to add.

Your weekend plans sound good! We rarely get a chance to just wind down (in ways other than nanna naps) - suburbia and its demands tend to intervene :upset:
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1582248 wrote: Good and bad commutes explained:

"The worst times to travel were Monday mornings and Thursday afternoons, the best Friday mornings and Monday afternoons." quoted from And the worst traffic in SA is… | Wheels24
              No wonder, then. Monday mornings can be truly horrific. Last week, I took me 1h40m to travel the 60km to work.
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning

How far will you be walking tips and, more importantly, what's in the goodie bags?

Speaking of doodling, wonder how inchy is doing. Her handiwork still adorns the barracks' walls.

Zenners is quiet - she must still be recuperating after her op - hope it went well.

No commute for me. Got up to let amy out for a pee and debating whether to go back to sleep or not. The coffee doesn't seem to be working this morning.

Comment

Good morning Wreccie

This is the walk we're doing: The Big Walk - Home We chose to stick to the 10km route. The goodie bags were a bit disappointing. An energy bar, samples of shower and bath gels, a women's magazine and way too many pamphlets. The company I work provides t-shirts, caps, a water bottle and a few other things too. The cubs loved it, so it's all good.

If Amy allows it, I would defo go back to bed for some extra zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs

Yeah - we haven't seen Incheroo in a while. Hope she's doing OK.
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

As for Zenners, I suspect she's knocked out from the pain meds.
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I thought I had to share this:

Bad habits that are good for you - IOL Lifestyle | IOL.co.za

Go on, then! Indulge this weekend!
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Right. My day is about to start in all earnest. Time for a smokebreak, and then off to meetings.
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning all.

Happy Friday

Hope you have a great day on Sunday Tipero.

Reccie I would definitely go back to bed for more zzzzzz's

Comment

The 80 k one looks rough... Talk about starting at sparrows' - 3: 45. Love the idea of multiple routes.

The Zen one is well; still a bit woozy

Reccie, morning! How about coffee in bed?

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1582261 wrote: I thought I had to share this:

Bad habits that are good for you - IOL Lifestyle | IOL.co.za

Go on, then! Indulge this weekend!
                              Love the one about the carbs :goodjob: nom,nom

Comment

Working...
                              X