ONE more time - my journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, everyone... so much going on at the moment... and I just don't have the gumption to write much here. No drink, though and I'll be back once I find my head (at least a little).

:l
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I missed this when you posted Sunni. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm proud of you for staying AF during this time. We are here for you when you're ready. :l

Comment

Sorry for your loss Sunshine,take care
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lots of love & strength coming your way from your MWO family Sunni :l:l:l:l
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:lSunni,
            My deepest condolences and prayers for you and your family.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Sorry I missed this, Sunni -

We're here for you if you need. I'm glad you have strong support where you are.

xo

Comment

Good Grief.
                Bureaucrats of the world unite. So we can stuff you all in a sack and make a pi?ata.

And so the fun begins.
                Of course, my daughter's due date is being moved up.. we may have a new grand baby sooner than expected. Just trying to get the most urgent things done right now over there and put everything else off until after the little Princess arrives.

Oh.. and my truck is... well, the mechanical term is f*cked, I believe.

I really do need just a little more crap in my life.

Comment

Well, an email and a phone call at 3:30am my time got the most important job done for the moment. The police has removed the tape from my dad's front door and my aunt has the keys. So, at least we can lay him to rest now. He did not want a funeral or memorial service; he wanted to be cremated and buried anonymously in the same cemetery as my mom. Thy will be done.

Next step is to get a notarized piece of paper into my aunt's hands to act on my behalf in my absence.

And, hopefully, the little Miss will find out more on the arrival of grand peanut #3 on Monday so I can start making travel plans.

My aunt removed bottles and bottles from my dad's flat today. I had a glimmer of hope that this was all a bad dream or a big mistake. But, apparently, it is not.

The fact that he is gone has not yet sunk in. On the phone, I accidentally called my aunt 'Papa'. When my mom passed 3 years ago, it was on descent into Frankfurt that I realized why I was there. I imagine it may be similar now. I'm so far removed from everything; I feel like I'm watching a movie or reading a book. It doesn't feel real.

Comment

Hey Sunni :l:l:l I'm very sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers are with you xx

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss Sunni. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry
                      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

With this loss so fresh you were still able to reach out and PM me to offer me a helping hand. What an admirable person you are. Again, my sincere condolences on the death of your father.
                        "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                        Lao-Tzu

Comment

Thank you, lovely people.

Went to an AA meeting tonight, although I really didn't feel like it. But, I don't think that now is a good time to be slacking off. I also spent some time before the meeting with my sponsor... to go over part two of my step four.

That's it, that's all. Still feeling quite zombiesque.

Comment

Had a decent day. Spent a good amount of time cleaning up at the barn and with the horses. In light of missing tonight's concert, I made a Matt Andersen CD for the barn and listened to that while getting snuggles from the fur kids.

Watched a silly Johnny English movie with Mr. Sun tonight. Still very much in 'hurry up and wait' mode. Much is out of my control and I have to accept that.

Comment

Plodding along. Uninvited thoughts at times. Not even sure if they're real drinking thoughts or just the 'default coping mechanism' kicking in. Either way, I have no intention of entertaining such thoughts.

Comment

Sunni,:goodjob::h:l I've been thinking about you a lot as I've been in Stratford this week. What a horrible thing to have to deal with...again, I am so sorry for your loss, and I give you a boatload of credit for keeping the AL beast away. My best guess it is "the default coping mechanism" kicking in.

Comment

Working...
                                X