Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Saturday 9 November

Arrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh Reccy,

Don't know if you've got an Argos near you have a look at one of these.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/4152301.htm

We've got one similar and it heats our conservatory up within 15 minutes.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1582621 wrote: Morning Army

Coffee's ready - help yourself. Just wash your own mugs, ok? It's not a five-star hotel, as my mum kept reminding us brats. Not that we ever paid much attention to that.

Foggy here, everything is serene and muted ... peaceful. We even had some rain last (or very heavy dew). Still can't get used to the soft, gentle rain here in the Cape. Rain should be an opera, with a long overture - massive clouds building up, thunder, lightning, and only then should the rain come crashing down, with that amazing smell of big fat drops on hot soil. Here it's more like chamber music: very polite and proper and subdued - Sunday mannersy. Good in it's own way, but I want to know that it's raining.

Anyway, enough of that - have a good Saturday, all of you.
      Ah DTD - what a lovely post to wake up too :l
      Mornin' Army :waving:

Comment

Thanks Jackie. There are at least 2 Argoses within reach that I know of, so I could prolly get one of those oil things. I do actually have a couple of electric heaters in the house, so I'll just have to run up the lecky bill for a few days. The main issue really is lack of hot water cos amy gets so blooming muddy. Have a feeling the kettle is gonna be doing overtime this weekend!

Morning satzy

Comment

Morning Satz.

Thing about those oil heaters is they use very little electricity about 10p an hour.

Ach you'll just have to let the mud dry and brush it off her.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

sweetpea29;1582644 wrote: Good morning Dreamy, MrT, Molls and all

Sorry been absent but just haven't stopped past few days with work and whatnot- soooooo utterly banjaxed could cryLast day in work today thank God and me Aunt got good news Thursday- the growth they got was 'borderline' cancerous- so no treatment required just 6 monthly check-ups Big weight off our shoulders!

Hope yis are all well- hopefully get catchin up over next few days- have a good Saturday folks xx

And yeah Molls its bloody freezing up here anyhows!!(((EXCELLENT good news to start the day !!!! inkele:

mollyka;1582648 wrote: 'twas the day after the day after my nephews wedding over there --- the day itself was GRAND --- we all behaved ourselves --- but the day after was a MARATHON --- somehow about 10pm I found my way to bed - leaving himself propped up at the hotel bar sharing colour coded shots with some randomer called Wolfgang.......... oh dear:H
            That's so funny Molls :H:H- I'm still dealing with that shite . Amazing how Joe just stopped to support you - one in a million I'd say !!:goodjob:

JackieClaire;1582704 wrote:
            Arrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh Reccy,

Don't know if you've got an Argos near you have a look at one of these.

Buy Challenge 1kW Mini Oil Filled Radiator at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Heaters and radiators.

We've got one similar and it heats our conservatory up within 15 minutes.
            Yep - JC I have 2 of them.
            Reccie you can get a timer switch too -to switch on & off warm in just one or two rooms when it's not cold enough to turn on full heating.
            Prolly heavy on the lecky alright - but needs be.

Going to look into better wall insulation next year-'cos we have two gable end north-facing rooms that are freezing !

Comment

We only bought our as the conservatory was a waste of space 6 months a year...............fecking freezer would be an understatement.

Ours has a cut off thingy when the room gets to the right temp and comes back on when it drops again.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I've e-mailed the bolier engineer with the details - hope he'll get back to me soon. This is one of those occasions when I reeeeeeaaaaaally wish I could use a phone.

satz123;1582725 wrote: Yep - JC I have 2 of them.
                Reccie you can get a timer switch too -to switch on & off warm in just one or two rooms when it's not cold enough to turn on full heating.
                Prolly heavy on the lecky alright - but needs be.

Going to look into better wall insulation next year-'cos we have two gable end north-facing rooms that are freezing !
                It's defo cold enough to turn on full central heating today satzuma. The improved wall insulation sounds like a good idea, I would get that done as soon as you can.

Comment

Ahh Reccy, do you know we forget sometimes about your hearing, love. :lWish there was something we could do.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1582699 wrote: wouldn't go back to 'normal' drinking even if it was a possibility ---- WOW --- hadn't thought of that!!!
                    Molly, best post of the day. (Sorry, really don't want to sound patronising :new: but yeah, it left me with the warm fuzzies.)

Morning Satz!

Ditto on the oil heaters; for the moment that big one that revolves around us is going like blazes.

Back in the days, I would hit the garden with this brilliant deal: fill a bucket with weeds, have a ciggie. Fill another bucket with weeds, have a ciggie and a glass of wine. No matter the time of day - if bucket No 2 was filled at 8 in the morning, the bottle would be uncorked or unscrewed or the tap on the box would be turned. Rinse and repeat. So, after a couple of buckets, not much gardening happened. Now I post here. How things have changed!

Aztec plot done, way too hot to be outside - will do some more this afternoon.
                    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

She has a way with words our Molls...........I just nod and agree with her........makes my life very easy.

I used to do that with ironing................3 shirts = 1 glass.........to start...............2 shirts = 1 glass......................1 shirt= 1 glass and a ciggie....................then a bit of a sit down............lots and lots of wine and where's the iron gone.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1582746 wrote: She has a way with words our Molls...........I just nod and agree with her........makes my life very easy.

I used to do that with ironing................3 shirts = 1 glass.........to start...............2 shirts = 1 glass......................1 shirt= 1 glass and a ciggie....................then a bit of a sit down............lots and lots of wine and where's the iron gone.
                        Oh me too JC - ironed everything in sight :H (twice)

Comment

JackieClaire;1582734 wrote: Ahh Reccy, do you know we forget sometimes about your hearing, love. :lWish there was something we could do.
                          Awwh, thanks Jackie

Comment

JackieClaire;1582746 wrote: She has a way with words our Molls...........I just nod and agree with her........makes my life very easy.

Oh God I actually feel sick thinking about it.
                            I was beating myself up over lack of getting out of bed this morning and general laziness - but no more :no:

ANYTHING is better than that hangover feeling - even if it was a mild one :yuk:

Comment

Gawd....gardening and ironing were the last things on my mind when things were bad. I would head straight for the bottle when I woke up. Actually I usually only had to reach out an arm for it.

Comment

And yep, our molls does indeed have a way with words. Full of wonderful insights too.

Comment

Working...
                                X