Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you

I've been a lurker on MWO for two weeks now. Been a heavy drinker (but a functional alky - at least I like to think so) for many years. Sober since 28 October (12 days)thanks to the inspiration from reading MWO threads etc. I try to log in every day even if it's just to read some of the jokes.
    Thank you all; I'm so grateful to have found you. Would not ever have been able to do this by myself. So many brilliant bits of advice (like planning your day to the nano-second; changing routines, etc etc). Goal is to stay sober for one month, will see how it goes from there.
    :thanks:
    AF since 28 October 2013
    600 days on 20 June 2015

Thank you

Hello long neck10 aka giraffe1234. Good for you giving yourself a challenge and off to a good start. You can do it! Keep reading, posting and welcome.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Thank you

Good for you, Giraffe!!!
      12 days is nothing to sneeze at - congrats. Definitely stick around, read, and post if you feel like it - the support here is amazing and helps tremendously.
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Thank you

Way to go on 12 days, Giraffe! We met on another thread a while back, but so glad to see that you have started your own. I too lurked for years before I finally took the plunge, joined MWO, and started posting. That was the key. While reading posts is a wonderful thing, and I highly advise it, posting your story and being accountable is what makes the difference. So when you are ready, tell us a bit about yourself. Glad you are here and look forward to getting to know you.
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Thank you

It took me 11 days sober to start posting too. Congratulations! I think being a functional drinker is worse Jin a way because no one in your life really knows how badly you need to quit. We are able to hide it, and haven't hot bottom. But you know when you have a problem. And you are fixing it! Good on you!
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Thank you

Hi, Giraffe and congratulations on the success you've already had! Hope to see you over in the Newbes Nest!

Comment

Thank you

Hi, Giraffe:

I was a long time lurker, too. I am only just finishing day 7, although I have gone on longer stints with the support of reading MWO earlier this year. Posting has made me think differently about alcohol and my relationship to it. Although I had read that many times, I didn't truly believe it until I took the plunge and posted - what a weight off my shoulders. Hope to see you around the Newbies Nest, a good place to hang out.

Comment

Thank you

Hi Giraffe
                Glad to see you're posting again - :goodjob: and congrats on the double-digits.

As Molly said, come and join us in the Army, and the Newbies Nest. The Nest can be quite busy at times, but you'll soon get to know the people there - and the support you'll get there is incredible.

(And the Army is really barmy - I'm the only sane one there:H:H:H - but the very nicest sort of barmy.)
                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Thank you

Based off my calculations.....I owe you two congratulatory stars........awarded after the first AF day....then after the 7th........30, 180, and then 365

Keep it up

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2212498=7268-attachment.jpg[/img]
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Thank you

Thank you thank you thank you all.
                    AF since 28 October 2013
                    600 days on 20 June 2015

Comment

Thank you

17 days

17 days and 8 hours sober. Never thought this was possible, never. I know 17 days is not much compared to anything, but considering that I have not had one full sober week since forever, I'm ecstatic. But, I'm not complacent; the silly season lies ahead and I'm petrified of not getting through it 100% sober. Thank you all for your support and good advice; read through an older post by Sanchez again last night and that really strengthened my resolve. :thanks:
                      AF since 28 October 2013
                      600 days on 20 June 2015

Comment

Thank you

Giraffe, a person on Day 1 will be in awe of your 17 days - never belittle your achievements! You managed a whole lot of them without MWO, not so? That is something to be really proud of.

I think most of us worry about the silly season - ODAT ODAT ODAT. And if you have to, take an hour or a minute or a "possible drinking event" at a time.
                        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Thank you

giraffe,

Just wanted t let you know I am rooting you on with the path of sobriety- and so are many others who do not post.

Wishing you all good things.

Please keep up posted. We all share the same struggle and you are not alone.

Comment

Thank you

Sober hugs from the Jacaranda city!!!
                            Sobriety is the foundation of my new life.
                            Without that, my entire castle falls into the abyss....
                            ODAT, it is possible!
                            Hugs,
                            Sol xxx

Comment

Thank you

DreamThinkDo
                              lucky2.0
                              Solitaire
                              Thank you for the support and encouraging words. It's good to know there are people in the same boat who care and face the same challenges.
                              Your kind replies mean the world to me!
                              Hope you all have a jolly weekend!
                              AF since 28 October 2013
                              600 days on 20 June 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X