Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Sunday 10th November

Good morning Army

Getting ready for the Big Walk. Need to get my arse in gear. Be back much later.

Have a lovely Sunday, folksies.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

walk yer arse off mr tips
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Morning all
      Coffee? Eyes not really open yet.
      Enjoy the walk, Tip & family
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Morning! woke at silly o clock again!!! why can't I do that on a work day? Am thinking I might head back to bed for an hour or two until its light. Enjoy the walk Tipps, plan on doing even less than yesterday when I did very little :H

Have a great day!
        AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Hi Spidey!

:rays:been up for hours here already! Part of the garden has been watered, off the the shops, then the farm part of the garden, and then probably less than nothing, apart from lighting a fire and having a braai - sosaties and whatever catches my fancy.

Enjoy being totally unproductive - best way of spending a Sunday, methinks (and meknows)!
          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Morning army sorry I haven't been around lately. My laptop packed and I had to buy a new one which took a couple of weeks looking for a good deal and trying to scrape up the money but I happy enough with what I got. I could ill afford to buy a new one really its wiped some savings which was intended for something else but I couldn't live without me lappie for much longer :H. Going to my bro in laws retirement party later and last night I went to a clothes swap party which a fun girlie thing and my first time. Anyway have a good sunday i'll be back later if I can. Time for another coffee.:cupajoe:

Comment

Mornin' all :waving:

Comment

Foxy -funny you should say that about the clothes swap party.
                I have played with that idea in my head for YEARS.
                Only this morning - I kid you not - I decided that I would put the idea to the site charity in work.
                Everyone has something in the wardrobe with a tag still on it. Bags shoes,whatever.
                Simple concept - they bring them in & donate.
                We could set up rails. and sell donations for a good cause

Comment

mollyka;1583166 wrote: Marnin Benjy! What joy's have you planned today? I have the ULTIMATE plan --- it's bloody AMAZING --------- NOTHING --- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING --- it's a 'me' day --- if any sprogs are around they can bring their own lunch and I'll preside in a matriarchal fashion from the couch ;-)))))))
                  Yo Mollerooney :hiya:
                  Invited mother out for dinner. That's about it.
                  First born back from 3 weeks in Oz this Tuesday with second born son & heir and all I need to do is decide on what she should bring me back :H

Comment

mollyka;1583172 wrote: They're both coming home together???? That'll be brilliant! Fleece her:H they've done it to us for YEARS!!!!
                    Was talkin to Jilly last night and it would appear that she won't be home till crimbo 2014 -- I'm ok about it, cos I'll get over to her --- no way will Joe manage it -- AND it will be wonderful to have her for christmas --- she's the ULTIMATE christmas person --- she's already told me we'll be reverting to two trees!!!

Have you enjoyed your sprogless state?
                    Sure I'm sprogless most of the time Molls - yer get set in yer ways and S&H avec GF for 3 weeks will be a struggle - I won't lie 'specially at that silly time of year :egad:
                    He's not home 'till December 11

Comment

Rant (kinda)

A question you don't have to answer.
                      Did you harbour any resentment towards Jilly et al for what was said while you were in the 'bad place' ??

I think I do deep down. That my privacy was somehow invaded - don't like that
                      Last January in Oz things were said .....there was no need for a lot of them as I had started my journey here the previous July and I think deep down I don't like them for it
                      Stuff I know was said behind my back too - remember the mooching in my room and finding supplements and I only found out when questions started being asked by Mr S ( FFS) when Sweetie sent me the book about drug addict :egad:

Comment

Good morning Tipperooooo, RC!!!, Dreamydoooo, Foxyloxy, Mollymoo, Satzuma.

Let's getta coffee down before I start thinking.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1583178 wrote: Are you worried bout the grog?
                          A bit. This is TOTALLY new terratory for me .
                          Christmas- no drink..... ???
                          Will deffo be one day/event at a time
                          Normally I would be working right up to Christmas eve - but like a conspiracy they are making us take from 20th off - 'till 5th Jan

Comment

mollyka;1583182 wrote: Certainly can and will answer as honestly as I can. Yes -- to a lot of it --- I hated the inevitable 'conversations' that must have taken place behind my back -- being treated like a bad child .... really really hated it -- things they said to me??? No not really --- cos generally what they said was fair --- Jilly DID go off on one in her email to Aiseiri ---- but she was only 23 and even the counsellors could read between the lines and descriminate between youthful angst and the truth --- do I carry resentments --- no I don't THINK so ---- and I really hope not --- resentment and anger are extremely dangerous for me --- I will drink again inevitably if I harbour them big time --- I cannot now feel resentful when I see how quickly my whole family genuinely were willing to place trust in me --- within months of this quit --- dunno if I would have been that trustful in their positions --- so yep --- I did feel hurt wounded embarrassed helpless --- but no --- I don't feel resentful now -- ONLY the odd little things like when they got something wrong....... but it's only a 'nye' sort of a feeling -- not embedded
                            If you feel what they said was wrong however --- I could understand you feeling lingering resentment?
                            Thanks Molls.
                            Maybe resentment / anger are too strong words. Let's just say I feel I still have to prove myself. I am determined to stay AF this Christmas to lay the whole thing to rest once & for all....
                            This is controversial - but I'll say it anyway......
                            I think if I were to 'drink normally' or even less than normal over Christmas I would prove myself 'cured' to DD et al. The whole AF forever is a step too far and unnecessary for them imo
                            Make sense ??

Comment

satz123;1583185 wrote: Thanks Molls.
                              Maybe resentment / anger are too strong words. Let's just say I feel I still have to prove myself. I am determined to stay AF this Christmas to lay the whole thing to rest once & for all....
                              This is controversial - but I'll say it anyway......
                              I think if I were to 'drink normally' or even less than normal over Christmas I would prove myself 'cured' to DD et al. The whole AF forever is a step too far and unnecessary for them imo
                              Make sense ??
                              Now then I'm coming straight of the top of my head on this one..........

Why do you have to prove to your family that you're cured. The whole business of staying AF is for your own health...........physically and mentally.

And to subject yourself to controlling your drinking is just not fair on you..........why the feck should you.

By the way I'm not cross with you at all, I'm actually a bit (make that a lot) hacked off with them making you feel like you should conform to them.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X