Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another question for cv

Hey CV
    Thanks again for all your knowledge when it comes to the supps etc.!! We love ya! :d
    Anyways, my question was this - how come we can use the L-Glut under/on our tongue to have it work faster but the same is not true for the the GABA (I ask because I know that the GABA has some trouble crossing the brain barrier)? I would think that putting it on your tongue would let it cross easier? Or is this incorrect/dangerous?
    Thanks again!
    Jen

Another question for cv

Jen, no problem...The glutamine crosses very easily and actually putting anything under your tongue instead of capsules gets it into your system faster so that it can go to work. The primary thing about l-glutamine is that is present and used by at least 60 percent of your body. GABA is formulated in that it can get into the various cells also, but it can't cross the blood/brain barrier as easily. That is why I occasionally supplement with a phenibut/threonine mix which was formulated by the russians several years ago to help with their athletes. The phenibut is specifically designed to cross the blood/brain barrier more easily. I hope this helps.

I'll just add an excerpt from Sahley for more explanation.

Acording to Sahley, any one who is undergoing a period of excessive stress is using up available amino acids -- particularly GABA, glutamine, taurine and tyrosine -- faster than the body can produce them from dietary intake. These four combined can be used for Anxiety Control. "These amino's can become totally depleted in people suffering from depression, anxiety and grief," she said. "People who suffer form chronic fatigue, headaches and PMS can also benefit from GABA, taurine, glutamine and taurine," she said.

Glutamine is an important amino, as demonstrated by a study done by Roger Williams, a researcher at the University of Texas, Austin, who showed that people who are glutamine deficient exhibit strong cravings for alcohol. When their diets were supplemented with between 3,000 and 4,000 mg. of glutamine, their cravings for alcohol were reduced by 85 percent, Sahley pointed out.

Another amino, l-glutathione, is described as "the most important and powerful antioxidant on the market. Two research scientists at the University of California, San Francisco, recently showed that l-glutathione can inhibit the HIV 1 virus."

From Healing With Amino Acids by Billie J. Sahley, Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
    X