Maybe a really stupid question about the supps but i have to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, this might be really dumb, but I have to ask. If, as I understand it, people who have problems with alcohol have these problems, in part, because of the following:

"Addiction is a kind of brain damage. In a normal brain, a neurotransmitter called glutamate is released when a person experiences desire. It's essentially a "go" signal. Counteracting glutamate is a neurotransmitter called GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), an inhibitor that keeps glutamate and other go signals from overwhelming us. The strength of a craving depends on the balance of glutamate and GABA in the brain. When an addict confronts a martini or cigarette, theory has it, GABA is overwhelmed by glutamate?desire trumps inhibition. The brain then becomes flooded with dopamine, our master pleasure chemical, reinforcing the original desire.

Topiramate works on both ends of the GABA-glutamate seesaw: it reduces the release of glutamate and enhances the release of GABA".

Then why are we taking L-glutamate? Isnt our problem that our glutamate was overpowering our Gaba?? I dont get it?
    Help!
    Jen

Oh God never mind.

Topa dopa.
    We are taking L-GlutaMINE not Glutamate.
    My bad.:rollin

Comment

Re: Oh God never mind.

dang jenneh....that was soundin really good to me.

Comment

Working...
      X