Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 12th November

Goooooooooooooooood morning, folksies

A fairly meeting-free day ahead, which is always good. Plus it looks like summer has finally arrived in Cape Town. An entire week with max temps over 25C, with a bit of summer rain thrown in on Thursday and Friday, hopefully. I now need to adjust the pool pump timer so we can get the water temperature up to a swimmable level. But that can wait for the weekend.

Have a lekker Tuesday, everyone!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Tips & co

Coffee's ready, help yourself!

Saunter over to my place after work and whatever: we have something to celebrate - I have spent (or will have then, if you want me to be pedantic) an entire 30 days without a drop of booze touching my lady-like lips!! Against Tips' many years and the rest of you, I know it's nothing, but hey, I'm so proud of myself.

Off to water the garden, then hitting town.

Trrific Toosday, troopers!
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1584082 wrote: Morning Tips & co

Coffee's ready, help yourself!

Saunter over to my place after work and whatever: we have something to celebrate - I have spent (or will have then, if you want me to be pedantic) an entire 30 days without a drop of booze touching my lady-like lips!! Against Tips' many years and the rest of you, I know it's nothing, but hey, I'm so proud of myself.

Off to water the garden, then hitting town.

Trrific Toosday, troopers!
      Good morning, Dreamy

30 days is a FANTASTIC achievement - you have much reason to be proud of yourself! :woot::woot::woot:

I wish I had the time to water the garden in the mornings - it does the soul good. But I'm afraid the workday routine doesn't allow for it.

We'll have to hit the shops after work this arvie - Mrs. T's book club is descending on our house tomorrow night. I'm going to take a few shortcuts, though. Buying deboned chicken that I can just pop into the oven, with roast veggies that can cook at the same time. Just need some or other starch to go with it.
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Thanks Tips. Over-the-moon proud.

How is Mrs T doing - hope the BP is much better.

Baby potatoes with butter, nutmeg and parsley? Potatoes roasted with the chicken?

I used to belong to an incredible book club - lots of noisy talk, good food, very little book-talk. Another friend is a member of a completely deconstructed book club - they did the wine and the food and the talk, but not a book in sight!

Comment

Tips, Gnocchi is your answer!!! lol!
          We had a mother of a storm last night! Hail and all!
          That spells the end of the Jacarandas....
          Book club? Do you get those where people discuss books? I thought it was like fishing for "men"!!
          Be loved!
          Sol xxx

Comment

Hi Sol
            Read about the hail on another website, saw a few pics - massive hailstones in some areas.

Our book club never did any book discussions - like fishing, just another reason for a party. We swopped books, and that was that.

Comment

:wavin: Sol. We have a Jacaranda in the garden - not a bloom in sight yet. Not warm enough in Stellies yet, I guess.

The baby potatos sound good - nice and easy.

This book club spends about 30 minutes discussing books - after dinner they exchange books and just say whether they liked it or not and why. Then the talking reverts to completely different stuff.

Mrs. T's BP is fine - slightly low still, but within normal range.

One of my previous cars got caught in a hailstorm. It was covered in a myriad of little dents. The day I traded it in, I simply left it dirty - less noticeable that way :H
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good morning Tipperroooooo, Dreamydooo, Sol,Mollymoo

One moment please.......................

DAYS ALCOHOL FREE is nothing to be sneezed at Dreamy. CONGRATULATIONS.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1584101 wrote: One of my previous cars got caught in a hailstorm. It was covered in a myriad of little dents. The day I traded it in, I simply left it dirty - less noticeable that way :H
                  Sneaky, Tips, very sneaky, is all I can say:H

mollyka;1584103 wrote: Morning me lovelies!!! Well done on the 30 days Dreamster!! The first time I hit the 30 I was so proud and so happy being sober ---- it was THE best ---- I felt confident and happy and really knew i COULD do this ---- I didn't protect that quit cos I thought 'this is a doddle' ---- thought I could just 'have a few' on my hols and just re-start where I'd left off --- didn't work that way for me --- I 'stop started' after that for nigh on 3 years ---- and one of my big regrets was that I didn't understand how precious that first quit was...... BE VERY PROUD ---- and very careful ---- it's gold dust!!!!
                  Taken to heart, Molls, thanks:l

We had a car once that wouldn't start without jump leads or a hill ---- so we just brought it to the garage to trade-in and left the motor running --- salesman didn't cop on so happy days!!!
                  Ditto the sneakiness here

mollyka;1584104 wrote:
                  Don't START me on book clubs --- cause CHAOS in the libraries!!!!!
                  Come on then, start on the book clubs! Here's a :soapbox: for you. What kind of chaos?

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1584107 wrote:

Come on then, start on the book clubs! Here's a :soapbox: for you. What kind of chaos?
                    You rabble-rouser you! :H:H:H

:waving: Molls & JC

Off to have a smokebreak - looks lovely outside.
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Must be quick as it's orifice day today.

Meant to say that I've had low blood pressure for donkey's years. My Ma had it and my Aunt, Granny and the luvverly Jenz have. Dya think it runs in the family

Haven't fainted for a while (touch wood, touch wood) but it can be a right hassle sometimes.....the standing up too quick catches me all the time.

Right must be orff. Bacinalongishbit.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Aaaawwwwhhhhhhhh thanks JC - really appreciated.:l

Tips, I love a good rant, sure Molls won't disapppoint.

Nice to see you here in worktime:H

(Will have to work:upset: on the smiley problem :sighbubble: I have developed :scratchinhead

Comment

Good morning MrT, Dreamy, Sol, Molly, Jackie and all :hallo:

Dreamy!! Congratulations on 30 Days :wd:- great work How do ye feel?

Just up here and only up cause there are workmen making noise outside- no consideration so they don't!!:gramps:

Comment

:thanks: Sweetpea; feeling really proud of myself - never thought I'd be able to do it.

Here's a :soapbox: for you too: don't let those noisy buggers get away with it:H

Comment

You ever so slightly bored, Dreamy?
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X