Clear All

FORUM ETIQUETTE

You are so right DX, I agree!!!!!
    AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
    Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

FORUM ETIQUETTE

etiquette

Wow, I can't believe all this controversy. it's like a bad soap opera. what happened to the site i came to know and love?

my take on this is that the original poster didn't mean any harm and i didn't find the post offensive. but the posts were interpreted as insulting. and i guess i can see how they could be interpreted as insulting. and having given this some thought, i don't know if they would be tolerated if the gender was on the other foot. i don't think i would like it as a woman to see some posts against women generally.

i think it is good that this has happened to make us think about how written messages are interpreted in an open community. the best way to have handled this is if the insulted person had posted a message like the one Paddy posted on this thread. a polite reminder to think about all of the readers of the message boards. a polite display of message board etiquette.

as for the rules,i think i have broken the one about not searching for existing threads.

sorry!!!

Comment

Working...
      X