Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol Nicotine Addiction

Very interesting! Happy, I agree with your mum. Your mum was a wise one

As a result of this thread, I am going to chat further with Mr Doo (my fiance) about not drinking at home in the house unless we are entertaining, in which case we can go out and buy some wine. I think that is a most valid point!

We have stopped buying quaffer (table) wine for the cellar so that's a good thing

Red robin... take up an action sport, like scuba diving or bungy jumping. lol

Doo
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

I have been smoking for 15 years. I smoke about a pack a day and when I drink that number increases from 2-3 packs depending. Someday I look forward to being a non-smoker but one addiction at a time.
      Holly

Comment

Yes mystical for me too it's one addiction at a time. I usually only smoke when I drink but now I am trying AF I am smoking more than ever!?! I think I am smoking more because I think I will freak out otherwise.

I want to tackle the smoking for health reasons but right now the drinking is soo much more damaging to my mental health and to those around me.

Hopefully I'll nail them both in the end.

Kitty
        Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
        Confucius

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention that both alcohol and cigarettes both increase the levels of dopamine in the brain--at least temporarily, which does explain why when people quit one or the other, their behavior with the other often goes up. A few people on this site have quit both at once, and my hat goes off to them! I'm glad that I quit smoking cigarettes a while before I tried tackling the drinking!
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I used to smoke, I stopped when I started doing trianthlon when I was 20 then started up again when I gave up sport for a few years. Then I quit for good when I was pregnant in 1998. The urge just went completely and never came back which really suprised me but I'm pleased about it.
            Suz
            Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Nope. I don't smoke. Tried it in highschool and hated the taste in my mouth and it ruined the way my perfume smelled on me, so it never took. I wish the same happened with alcohol!

Comment

I used to smoke 20 cigs a day from 16yrs to 27 years got pregnant x 3 - stopped for 10 years - got stressed at work started smoking for 2 years 20-30 cigs/day again. Then 2 years ago stopped again. Alcohol intake has only ever gone up !!
                Angellina

Just believe - that's all you have to do

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                X