Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday check-in

Hello friends

All is well here in NC. Off to the airport for business trip to Chicago.
    I took my AB this morning so I'm good. No drinking for me.

After this trip I will do a big show like the one in Vancouver, in Chicago for 6 days.
    I'm wishing I hadn't volunteered for it but here I go.

My Hanna is coming home for Christmas so I'm happy about that!

Peace and love to all

Wednesday check-in

Hi Ann!

So good to hear from you! I hope you have safe travels and I am darn proud of you for taking the pill! Hang in there and keep us posted!

Love,
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Wednesday check-in

Hi Ann,good to see you
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wednesday check-in

YAY Ann!!!!!
        I have probably asked this 100 times, but what do you do?
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Wednesday check-in

Hey Mama Bear

Sorry-I didn't know you asked me. LOL. Just in last night at 1 am so I'm a bit goofy today.
          I work for Siemens Healthcare in medical imaging, in applications and technical support.
          We make nuclear medicine. PET, MR, and CT scanners among other things. Day to day I do support at our call center here in NC, but now and then I have to go to customer
          sites to train and/or troubleshoot. Great company.
          Vancouver was the annual Society of Nuclear Medicine Molecular Imaging show, and coming up in Chicago is the Radiologic Sciences of America show. Both a big deal for us and it is an honor to go, though it is grueling.

I wanted to share with you guys a story. There is a guy in our field group who is very very good at his job. He was with us this week to prepare for the demos at our booth. He likes the demo thing and is good at it. He does however drink a LOT of beer, looks like every day. Wednesday night my coworker from here flew up with me and after check in at hotel we went out for dinner. He contacted this guy and said he wants us to come over to a bar where he is, and has been for a couple of hours. I did not go and my colleague told me later that he went over and the guy was "hammered" when he got over there.
          BUT this guy never does not do what he is supposed to do. The next morning he was there for our training fairly bright-eyed. IN my case if I drank like that I may or may not make it to where I need to be. Which is of course why I don't do it. LOL
          For the show next week we are staying at the Palmer House-IMO the best hotel in the city. I am sure there will be hanging out in the bar and really all over the place but I'll be chilling in my fabulous room watching Dr Phil on Youtube on my new Ipad HAHA

So.. that's what I do, and I love it. I feel fortunate to have this job with this great company.

I leave Sat the 30th and return Thurs 12/5. I'm too old for traipsing around the city etc. I've done all that and will probably spend my time at the Art Institute, SHedd Aquarium etc Looks like a lot of free time so I'll make use of it in a constructive way.
          A couple of group dinners, no doubt at terrific restaurants where booze will be flowing. I'm sure I'll be the first to leave. And that is a good thing

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Comment

Wednesday check-in

There is a great bead shop in the 1300 block of Wells - String a Strand on Wells. Have fun in the Windy City! Downtown should be beautiful with all the Christmas lights.

Comment

Wednesday check-in

String a Strand

Yep-I've been there. I will def go back.

I am tired from a 3 day trip. I'll be toast after this next trip. But at least I have this great place to come home to, and my kitty cat.

Comment

Wednesday check-in

Ann
                I am amazed at your strength. I am not sure I would not indulge from time to time. Good for you. And it sounds like you have a great job!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Wednesday check-in

You sound great, Ann! Safe travels!

Just want to chime in... Siemens was one of my absolute fav companies to work for, ever. All in all I spent 1 1/2 years there, on site. At the time I was employed by Kuehne & Nagel Travel (all corporate travel - doesn't exist any more) - and Siemens was my account. Because they were so big, they had their own employee there and me at KN Head Office. When their girl got pregnant, the head of finance asked for me to come and sit in. She had a 2nd child right after.. so I came right back. Even though, I wasn't even their employee.. they totally treated me like one of their own. They threw me a huge baby shower when I was pregnant with my son and gave me a sizeable bonus when I finally left. Great atmosphere in that place.

Really happy they are treating you well, too!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Wednesday check-in

And my servant's worn out.

How can I pass my blight?
                    -------------------------------------------
                    07 runescape gold and fifa 14 coins

Comment

Working...
                    X