Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Thursday 21st November

Morning fly-byers, fly-awayers and all else

Have a lovely holiday whizzy. Hope you'll be still be able to post occasionally from Oman. Remember to take care of your back when carrying luggage, or better still, delegate the task to Mr whizzy.

Comment

Recluse;1588159 wrote: Morning fly-byers, fly-awayers and all else

Have a lovely holiday whizzy. Hope you'll be still be able to post occasionally from Oman. Remember to take care of your back when carrying luggage, or better still, delegate the task to Mr whizzy.
      Thanks I will not be carrying anything:new::new: Off to the airport in 20 minutes!!!

Comment

Betcha didn't expect to see you this time of the day on a Thursday and when I'm supposed to be at the orifice.

Well over the last few weeks my mood has been getting lower and lower. I'm now wondering if I just blamed the flu jab for being able to sleep like a dormouse for the weekend. So the boss has given me the day off (luckily I'm married to him).
        So anyway have dragged all my supps out. Filled my pill box and am going to get bloody pro-active about this. Gonna get some fresh fruit and veg down me.
        I know I'm grieving for my uncle, deeply grieving but he'd have hated to see me like this.

And yes I know I can hide with the odd wise crack but that's how I deflect things.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1588189 wrote: Betcha didn't expect to see you this time of the day on a Thursday and when I'm supposed to be at the orifice.

Well over the last few weeks my mood has been getting lower and lower. I'm now wondering if I just blamed the flu jab for being able to sleep like a dormouse for the weekend. So the boss has given me the day off (luckily I'm married to him).
          So anyway have dragged all my supps out. Filled my pill box and am going to get bloody pro-active about this. Gonna get some fresh fruit and veg down me.
          I know I'm grieving for my uncle, deeply grieving but he'd have hated to see me like this.

And yes I know I can hide with the odd wise crack but that's how I deflect things.
          :l:l:l:l
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

And a bit of exercise, JC? Preaching to myself there...
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1588189 wrote: Well over the last few weeks my mood has been getting lower and lower. I'm now wondering if I just blamed the flu jab for being able to sleep like a dormouse for the weekend. So the boss has given me the day off (luckily I'm married to him).
              Sorry you're feeling shite Jackie. :l It's totally understandable that you'd still be grieving for your uncle. The grieving process can sometimes be quite a drawn out affair and unfortunately there's no way to speed it up - it takes as long as it takes.

Re the flu jab, I used to find it made me feel off colour for a couple of days, but that was a long time ago - don't know if the jab is the same today as it was back then. The fresh fruit and veg are a good idea and I was going to suggest the same thing as tips - a few brisk walks in the fresh air might help a little. How about paying the doc a visit? I don't know if you're on anti-depressants at the mo, but maybe he/she could put you on them or increase your dosage if you're already on them? Also, the lack of light at this time of year can have a negative effect on some people - I personally find having a very brightly lit house helps my mood. Just a suggestion. Anyway, keep warm and look after yourself. :l

Comment

:l:l:l:l:l:l

Anything else I can send over JC? Supper for you and the man who thinks he's the boss?
                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

:hallo: Wreccie & Dreamy

I'm skiving for the last 15 minutes before I pack up and go home. Thinking of what to make for dinner, but no ideas - none at all - come to mind :upset: I think I'm all cooked out...
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Tips, this is absolutely brilliant. Vegetarian, but if your lot insists on meat, add some smoked chicken to it.

Easy Crustless Courgette, Mint and Feta Tart | Scrumptious South Africa

Or what about bunnychow - it's nice and messy; my go-to when friends with children come for supper.

Pasta with whatever?

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1588215 wrote: Tips, this is absolutely brilliant. Vegetarian, but if your lot insists on meat, add some smoked chicken to it.

Easy Crustless Courgette, Mint and Feta Tart | Scrumptious South Africa

Or what about bunnychow - it's nice and messy; my go-to when friends with children come for supper.

Pasta with whatever?
                      Hi again Dreamy

Thanks for the suggestions.

The biggest problem is that my Saturday shop was rushed and minimal, so my options are limited without resorting to a trip to the local Spar. I popped into Woollies' food section while mum was looking for clothes. There's no way we can afford to eat their food for a week.

I've found some schnitzels in the freezer, so I'll pop those under the grill. Should be minimal effort. I couldn't be arsed today, actually.

Did you get lots done today?
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Tips, and if somebody complains about supper, they can take over kit hen duties for a while. :H

Lots done, thanks, but lots more TBD. That B12 shot really helped, but I think I'll go for a follow-up tomorrow (and show the nurse the bruise:upset.

Comment

Evening guys, got me new car today it is lovely, dead nippy as well. hope everyone has had a good day
                          I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Has the car got all its bits, Pinky?

I fell asleep... thought I'd just have a quick lie-down. The rest is history. Chinese take-out it is.

That sounds ouch, Dreamy
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

:waving::waving::

Pinky, tell tell tell! PLEASE!!! Give us the colour: that's all I understand about cars:blush:. As in: Dreamy, so what car do you drive? Dreamy: A white one.

Tips, did you order the before one hour HK dark? :H

JC, just go get the door please: sole, baby potatoes and mange tout. Watch out for the garlic butter: it is extremely garlicky and buttery.:sorry:

:bath2: and book time; back later

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1588197 wrote: And a bit of exercise, JC? Preaching to myself there...
                                You're totez right but can it wait 'til about mmmmmmmmm May.

mollyka;1588297 wrote: Jacks --- so sorry you're feeling like that --- truly didn't pick up on it - at all!!! Bit of 'self-love' you need to practice now for a while -- you're a divil not to tell us how you were feeling -- :l:l
                                Molls, hun. I'm sorry. I'm a bugger at doing that only really let on to Mr JC how blinking down I was today. He'd already guessed he was just waiting for me to open me gob.

DreamThinkDo;1588298 wrote:
                                :waving::waving::
                                JC, just go get the door please: sole, baby potatoes and mange tout. Watch out for the garlic butter: it is extremely garlicky and buttery.:sorry:
                                The more garlicky the better.............thank you.

Well day one of pulling meself up by the boot straps. Pill box sorted, Vit D on the way and had me hair done.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X