Alcohol victims in the news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel free to add stories you hear to this thread.

Tonight in my area there is one 20 year old woman dead following a head-on crash with a drunk driver on an expressway where he was going the wrong way. He had only minor injuries, is now in jail.

Another drunk person drove into the New York State Barge Canal, which had been drained for the winter.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

I did a search the other day. Children of addicts and children of alcoholics. Too depressing to post about.

Oh, but... a bus driver that was driving special eds kids was taken into custody after someone witnessed him throwing out VODKA bottles from the bus!! WTF IS THAT? That was a day or so ago. AND BTW for all the city dwellers, sometimes the worst drunks on the road are the cabbies! Please be careful.

Comment

Beyond the city wall, form Temple of Cold Hill.

Bells break the ship-borne roamer 's dream and midnight still.
      -------------------------------------------

Comment

See how the Yellow River's waters move out of heaven.

Entering the ocean, never to return.

Comment

At moonset cry the crows, streaking the frosty sky;

Dimly lit fishing boats'neath maples sadly lie.
          fifa coins trader and cheap runescape gold for sale

Comment

Fifa. Give away the spamming for a buck and pursue your writing. I think you're brilliant.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Stories like these are very sad. I knew a musician in the Euguene, Oregon Symphony Orchestra who was the sole survivor of a head-on caused by a drunk driver driving the wrong way on Interstate 5. Ironically the drunk drivers are never badly injured. I think to cause horrific accidents with only minor injuries to yourself and having to live with that is part of penance/karma.
              In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Local college student found dead on campus Sunday. Last seen leaving a party late Friday night. His clothing was inadequate for the cold temperature. Alcohol played a major role in his death. He probably layed down, passed out, passed away.

Alky yes, these stories are so sad, and so senseless.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Too many incidents in the British press to post, shocking.
                  Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

It seems like they always get on the Interstate going the wrong way. Reminds me of that documentary called "Whats Wrong With Aunt Diane". I know we were talking about it on the boards several months ago. It's on Youtube if you want to check it out. Very disturbing!
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

A family friend just recently got into an alcohol related single-car crash which killed the love of his life. No one will ever be the same.
                      Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

I was watching the news last nite and they had an update on this little girl that was hit by a drunk driver on halloween here in vegas,shes still in the hospital fighting for her life,imagine being her parents knowing that their holidays are gonna be spent in the hospital holding her lttle hand,not knowing if shes gonna make it or not,because of some drunk-ass! heartbreaking
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Humble and Pauly....such sad stories.

So the little girl is still in the hospital fighting for her life...I wonder where the drunk driver is?
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Man 36 drinking driving 89 mph and hits a tree. His family found pieces of the car almost a mile down the road. He was destroyed... In pieces. His family and friends will never be the same.
                            AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

There was a similar college student story out of Madison, Wisconsin in February 2011 but with a more bizarre twist. A homeowner called the police after finding an unconscious man laying in his front yard. He had no ID, but the cops took him to the hospital anyway where he tested a .559. And demanded to be released - and they had to let him go. No one knows who the guy is or whatever became of him. Blacking out outside in Madison in February at night, no less, is a bad idea. It's freaking cold there in the winter.
                              In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Working...
                              X