Alcohol victims in the news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffalo man charged with DWI after killing a sherriff's deputy early yesterday morning. He was uninjured, is in jail.

Troopers will be on the lookout because Thanksgiving is one of the biggest drinking weekends of the year.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Pianist killed in another wrong way crash on Route 490 | Crime | Gates-Chili News

A member of the piano faculty at the world-famous Eastman School of Music in Rochester, NY was killed in another "drunk driver going the wrong way down the interstate" car accident. Her husband, who is on the violin faculty at Eastman was seriously injured.
      In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

I was just going to post this. Same expressway as the accident I posted about here last week. Eastman brings so much beautiful music to this area, what a sad loss. The drunk driver was injured but nothing life-threatening.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Another "drunk driver going the wrong way down the expressway" down in my area late last year:

Exclusive: Driver In Deadly November Crash Was Drunk ? CBS Miami

Driver was not even of legal drinking age and did not have a valid operator license. And as is usually the case, she survives (though badly injured), but the two women in the other vehicle both died.
          In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

One of the victims's family in the accident I just posted above made a suggestion that I think makes a lot of sense in populated areas such as South Florida. Why not put in wrong way tire spikes on freeway entry ramps?

Comment

Another wrong-way crash in Florida, this time in Tampa

Aunt: Alcohol played a role in I-275 crash

Comment

Picked up a wrong way drunk driver on expressway near my home yesterday. I'm happy to say that this time there was no crash.

Comment

I saw this outraged mother on CNN today while at the gym. It's one thing for a drunk driver to kill someone. You bury the deceased, grieve, take solace in the fact that they're not suffering and move on with life. It's quite another to turn someone into an invalid, making a family's life hell and upending their entire existence. Especially when the invalid is a child who should have had a long and happy life in front of them.

I don't buy this guy's contrite act. He's had SEVEN prior arrests for drunk driving. He's had plenty of opportunities to reflect on the dangers he's posed to others driving drunk. I agree with the news source that said this may be a sympathy ploy when his case finally goes to trial. Being Texas, I'm pretty sure they will find a way to get the prior DWI convictions admitted into court, which will allow the authorities to lock him up for good.

Texas mom confronts drunken driver who left son nearly brain dead | khou.com Houston

Comment

There was a good Samaritan story this week: a drunk driver was swerving from one shoulder of the expressway to the other. He sideswiped a semi, then got off at the next exit. Three drivers also got off and blocked his car so he couldn't go any further. He smashed their cars with his, but they stayed put until the police arrived.

Comment

Update on the little girl who got hit by a drunk driver on halloween,shes out of the hospital finally,can eat,talk,but still is in rehab to learn to walk again,driver still not caught
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X