Army thread Sunday 24 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mollyka;1589436 wrote: Morning Benjy --- wasn't ignoring you ;-)
    What's today's joys in store?
    I have a FREE Sunday:yay:
    Just have to drop Mrs S to DD's in Dublin -they are going to the rugby in Aviva !

Then the world's my lobster !!!!inkele:

Comment

Slid back into bed for five minutes - look what happened! just woke up. The hound is now up and about looking for a walk now he's fully recovered from what was a food allergy. In a labrador fgs, I thought they could eat anything.

Its arctic outside and OH has announced he's full of cold, just before he went back to sleep so must go and get on. Elderly neighbour coming for dinner as she's a bit low, her friend (much more elderly at 90) was taken into a care home on Friday so she's going to be incredibly lonely which is sad.

The dreaded application form is filled in with the easy bits, old employment, qualifications etc, need to do some very creative writing about why I want the job and more importantly how I fit the specification. Since the specification covers all three sections in the department its tough one.

Hi to Rusty & Patrice, nice to meet you.

Stay warm/cool as appropriate.
      AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

spiderwoman;1589455 wrote: Slid back into bed for five minutes - look what happened! just woke up. The hound is now up and about looking for a walk now he's fully recovered from what was a food allergy. In a labrador fgs, I thought they could eat anything.

Its arctic outside and OH has announced he's full of cold, just before he went back to sleep so must go and get on. Elderly neighbour coming for dinner as she's a bit low, her friend (much more elderly at 90) was taken into a care home on Friday so she's going to be incredibly lonely which is sad.

The dreaded application form is filled in with the easy bits, old employment, qualifications etc, need to do some very creative writing about why I want the job and more importantly how I fit the specification
        . Since the specification covers all three sections in the department its tough one.

Hi to Rusty & Patrice, nice to meet you.

Stay warm/cool as appropriate.
        Just say Sylv that you feel you have given to and taken from everything the current position offered in the past X years.
        You do not want to stagnate and feel the new position will offer new challenges to you.

OK - now gimme the job I need the money :H

Comment

Wow that chair is comfy!!!
          Englands defeat... are we talking Ashes or Rugby?

Comment

satz123;1589444 wrote:

JC will make the coffee & Cake when she gets up.:goodjob:
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

patrice;1589460 wrote: Wow that chair is comfy!!!
              Englands defeat... are we talking Ashes or Rugby?
              Both. :upset: But the Rugby was really, really exciting.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh I'm interrogated.

I'm good, actually lewking forward to Christmas rather than wanting hibernate 'til March.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1589468 wrote: Oh --- didn't even know they were playin in the Rugby -- was it Australia?
                  We've the All-Blacks today -- reckon we're looking at cricket scores - and it won't be for Ireland:upset:
                  We were playing New Zealand Rugby league team. The All Blacks play rugby union...............can ya tell my sports correspondent sat on the settee watching a Dr Who film is dictating this.:H

Ahh but you still get to watch the Haka.:h
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1589462 wrote:
                    :goodjob: Jackser

Comment

One moment please................added info coming in from my sports correspondence...........just adjusting my ear piece and putting me sheepskin jacket on..

All Southern Pacific Rugby teams apart from Australia will do the Haka, or their version of it eg Fiji. Tonga, Samoa and of course New Zealand (both teams union and league).
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yes they all do a version... I love the Haka, learnt it when I was 5 years old and it still brings a tear to me eye... The translation is interesting ( its on Google)

Well guys re Ireland V All Blacks... The Al lBlacks are looking to make this the perfect year, so far only one more game to go and they have won them all. GO IRELAND!!!!!

Comment

Oh the sainted Mr JC did the ironing before I got up and he's going up to his Ma and Pa's to do the lawns.....................he must be a shoe in for heaven.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

patrice;1589509 wrote: Yes they all do a version... I love the Haka, learnt it when I was 5 years old and it still brings a tear to me eye... The translation is interesting ( its on Google)

Well guys re Ireland V All Blacks... The Al lBlacks are looking to make this the perfect year, so far only one more game to go and they have won them all. GO IRELAND!!!!!
                            'Course I had to and have a look. Looks kind of mild translated into English or did I find the wrong one.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1589550 wrote: Well - don't s'pose the words matter all THAT much --- have to say when I'm watching - it's not at the top of my mind:H:H
                              Ironing's done - still in the polka dot tho
                              Have to say it took a few goes to actual look at the words.

Still in Mr JC's dressing gown.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi to all in the army. Welcome back Patrice and hello to Rusty. Still in bed in me pjs. Its dull and looks like rain here but it doesn't seem as cold. I forgot to get cat food when I was at Tesco yesterday so gonna have to go out there shortly and not in the mood. That coffee and cake looks nice JC. Well I best get ready to move be back later. I'm not a sports person but it looks the all Blacks are the favourite to win but cud be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                                X