Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FD everyday rants and raves in recovery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I am back my friends on MWO. I am doing very well. I want to apologize to everyone about the skype group and everything else in general. So I have kind of want to turn a corner here and just have my thread to rant and rave. Everyone is welcome to join. Sobriety can be wonderful. It can also be frustrating and miserable at times. Rant and rave with me in our journey. I will journal every day and vent your frustrations in life and how we go on our path to sobriety. Let's GO!
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Well let's see....today I stubbed my toe AND chipped a nail! OMG! :H

Glad you're back FD :h
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi FD, missed your posts. My big rant is about booze pushers ... People hate drinking with a non drinker present. That makes it tough for me in social situations.
      "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Finallydone, glad you're doing well!

K9, I have lots of nail glue as I wear fake nails so I don't bite my nails. But let me tell ya, it sucks biting on plastic!

Sobersoul, the booze pushers are, I find, the people that are on the brink of an al problem or are already there.

No rant today. Well, maybe my husband is getting on my nerves about the freaking turkey. Should he, or should he not use the bag! OMG! He's driving me crazy. Well, I shouldn't rant about this, as I know I couldn't cook a 22 lb. turkey.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

My rant for today is all the boze/wine ads that make it look so fun and interesting when I know it is NOT.....boo hiss..
          Welcome back FD!!!
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Not looking forward to the holidays and having to explain AGAIN my nondrinking ways. It's not been a completely sober three years but mostly so and it means I'll be through this three years in a row. I feel like telling everyone to shut the F up and yell at the top of my lungs "I'm a drunk, is that good enough for you people!" but I'll quietly avoid it like I always do.
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I am with you Dottie. Al ads are horribly misleading. No one acting like an idiot or crying hysterically.
              Fd so glad you are back. Yeah!!! I was unhappy when you left.
              I could rant, but I don't know if I can stop. Laughing is much better for me. Reading about the 22 lbs. Turkey was a good laugh. Thanks.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

My rant for now is watching a show last night where the woman drank so much wine she was falling to the floor....but she woke up the next day feeling fine. Ummmm...yeah right! In reality she would have slept with the guy (cheating on her boyfriend) and not remembered any of it, AND had to stay in bed puking all day. Oh the lies they feed us! :stomper:

There's my rant for now. It's early so I may be back. LOL

Comment

I have no rant...I am off for a few days and curled up on the sofa and may take a mid day nap.
                  YAY
                  but...I may be back :-)
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Just rub it in why doncha Mama? I am in my jail cell...I mean cubicle. All I gotta do is make it through today (as our beloved Byrdie says)...and then I am outta here for 4 days!

Comment

The way my boss laughs...so annoying. :argh:

FD - You are going to ban me from this thread. LOL

Comment

I apologize for the Skype incident as well. Alcoholics are so emotional and we are new in recovery. It's tough stuff.
                        AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

My rant for the day. We all make mistakes. So mine was getting pissed off today. But hey I thought I was in the right. And my rant is on why every holiday revolves around drinking. I never needed a holiday as a excuse. But everyone wants you to drink with them on a holiday. No drinking for me this holiday. My rant for the day. And for those who pressure you into it. Just say I pass.

Comment

K9Lover;1591133 wrote: The way my boss laughs...so annoying. :argh:

FD - You are going to ban me from this thread. LOL
                            I can never ban you!

Comment

gettinitright;1591268 wrote: I apologize for the Skype incident as well. Alcoholics are so emotional and we are new in recovery. It's tough stuff.
                              Over and done! We get better together my friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X