Is there a suggested dose of....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so far this hasn't come up that I have seen.
    Has there ever been any discussion about a suggested dose of Topamax for maintainence? Say after a successful 3 month period of Abs or Mods.
    If not what's your personal opinion?

It's what works for you, Gabby. RJ still takes 300mg per day, I do believe. The book titration has you go up to 300, then go all the way back down to nothing. Many people go up to 100 or 150 or 200, then stay there for periods of time, cuz that works for them. I was at 100 for about 3 months, but seems my body is getting kind of used to that, and I feel I need to increase, so going up to 125 today for a jolt!
    Hope that helps some...
    Bec

Comment

It is very much an individual thing, and not everyone needs to go up to 300 mgs. I find that 200 mg is usually okay, unless I abuse alcohol despite it (which I have done, because I can be a schmuck despite the topa!: ). 250mg is too much. So, if I want to get the best benefit, I have to titrate down and then back up and BEHAVE myself, because 200 mg does seem to be the right dose for me. I wouldn't consider dosing down until I had a considerable period of at least a year of very moderate (1-2x week of 1-2 drinks) drinking. I'm nowhere near that now. Otherwise, I might just consider doing complete abs and switching to campral!

Just my take on things.

Hugs,
      Kathy

Comment

Working...
      X