Booze and friendships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booze and friendships

I?ve been thinking about how my drinking affects my friendships. On one hand I?ve got some girlfriends with whom I used to binge drink ? nice women, but boy can we put it away when we get together! Scary. But they live in San Francisco where I lived 5 years ago, so we just see each other once or twice a year, tops. Same with other very old friends who?ve moved elsewhere. The few friends I?ve made here don?t really drink, but I don?t feel as close to them. I suppose this is a blessing, having social contacts who don?t drink much, well, not as much as I do. (I?ve also usually chosen men who don?t drink much?someone needs to drive me home!) As busy as I am, I get lonely and bored, but I'm glad I don't have a drinking buddy, though I miss that camaraderie - not enough to hang out at a bar, though. All the time I?ve wasted getting wasted is time I could have been out and about - but doing what, making friends with other drunks? I have a potluck to attend tonight and I usually get drunker than anyone else when I see these friends. I?ve got my club soda and lemons, plus two bottles of wine that I?ve managed to leave unopened for five days so I can finally get them out of the house! OKay, gotta go bake a cake!
    :thanks:
    "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Booze and friendships

Zin, Good luck tonight. Drink your club soda and stick to you plan. Pulling for ya!
    smiles
    Mar

Comment

Booze and friendships

This can be done.
      Eat some protein before you leave your house. It doesn't have to be big...maybe a turkey sandwich and some cheese.
      Then think of this as a "talking and listening to" people social .

I KNOW you can do this!
      :l Nancy

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Booze and friendships

Thanks so much. AF all evening, load of yummy food. Was able to focus on conversation with club soda in hand - but now I have half a cake to stare at until I take it to work!
        "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Booze and friendships

Well done Zin! It is so hard to go to social outings when trying not to drink. I am sure you are immensely proud of yourself today!!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
          X