Army Thread Thursday 28th November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DreamThinkDo;1591606 wrote: Afternoon here, Rec.

Oh, I know about the coffee as breakfast - Fox sounded hungry...

Good Thursday for you so far?
    Yes, thanks dreamy. A slow start, but I've taken amy for a long walk and I'm beginning to wake up now. No wind or rain here, so can't complain about the weather. Might even go out and do a spot of gardening later.

Are you self employed by any chance? Just wondering cos you seem to have a lot of flexibility built into your days.

Comment

Afternoon/ Evening campers.

Quick checkin before sorting stuff out for tomorrow.

Sorry about all the wind floating about in the barracks:H

Off to a Wadi hike tomorrow and overnight in a tent in the desert.

Starving hungry at the moment so need to go and feed

JC that panto sounded like fun

Comment

Afternoon mrs whizzy

Enjoy your wadi hike. I have absolutely no idea what a wadi is tho.

Just bunged my first ever (cauliflower) souffle in the oven and I'm awaiting the results with a certain amount of interest, not to mention trepidation. Got a nagging feeling I may have badly underestimated the size of casserole dish required...

Comment

Recluse;1591657 wrote: Afternoon mrs whizzy

Enjoy your wadi hike. I have absolutely no idea what a wadi is tho.

Just bunged my first ever (cauliflower) souffle in the oven and I'm awaiting the results with a certain amount of interest, not to mention trepidation. Got a nagging feeling I may have badly underestimated the size of casserole dish required...
          Bloody hell Wrecky I was expecting you to tell me what a wadi was:new: will have to google. Your cauliflower sounds delicious,

Comment

anon;1591662 wrote: Bloody hell Wrecky I was expecting you to tell me what a wadi was:new: will have to google. Your cauliflower sounds delicious,
            Blimey, what did your last slave die of?!!! :H

Wadi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

:wavin: Anon of the Desert - sleeping in a tent - a real Bedouin tent? One of my bucket list thingies. No jokes about wind - I'm soaking red kidney beans to turn into whatever one turns them into.

Rec, I work from home: I'm an editor and translator, so time to play when I want to. I've never tried a cauli souffle - how was it? Well, never tried a souffle, to be honest:blush:.

Wind still very windy:H:H
              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1591691 wrote: Rec, I work from home: I'm an editor and translator, so time to play when I want to. I've never tried a cauli souffle - how was it? Well, never tried a souffle, to be honest:blush:
                That sounds like a really good work/life balance dreamy, No time wasted commuting, etc. What qualifications does one need to become an editor? What languages are you proficient in, as a matter of interest?

The cauli souffle wasn't as good as my mum used to make, but perfectly edible and not too bad for a first attempt. There are a few things I'll do differently next time. It doesn't half generate a lot of washing up, though. :upset:

Comment

Recluse;1591664 wrote: Blimey, what did your last slave die of?!!! :H

Wadi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  Love you loads. Xx

Comment

Wadi shab??

Comment

anon;1591709 wrote: Wadi shab??
                      Seen it on trip advisor :new::H:H

Comment

:wavin:

Whizzie of the Wadi, sounds like you're having a lekker time in Oman.

The 1st time I learnt about wadis was in a book entitled "Salmon fishing in the Yemen" (or at least, I think that was the title). In that story, a flash flood caused a disaster. Then again, I think you witnessed their annual rain event on your arrival.

:hallo: to Dreamy, Reccie and... and... didn't read further back :new: I set my pages to 10 posts only - makes it a bit easier on phone or tablet. I cannot stand the thought of switching on my lappie after a whole day in front of it.
                        I'll do whatever it takes
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Trips, still can't decide if that was a really boring book or if I was just not in the right mindset for it. But first prize for a catchy title.
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1591736 wrote: Trips, still can't decide if that was a really boring book or if I was just not in the right mindset for it. But first prize for a catchy title.
                            Hiya Dreamy. I thought it was quite funny. Or maybe it was meant to be serious and I didn't get it :H

What's for dinner? Mrs. T and the cubs have gone to a local Christmas market. They'll either get us something there or buy on their way back. I still haven't had Hong Kong Dark order before one hour, btw.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

And what was the one about the history of tractors in the Ukraine or summat?
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I think you should also check the storeroom door - you must've left it open, because it's howling here at the moment.
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X