Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos and Friends - December

Guitarista;1596529 wrote:

Well, after checking in on James, i headed to the beach for a run and swim. It's a fresh, rainy, windy old day here in Melbourne town, so no-one, i repeat, not a soul on the beach, except for the odd sea bird, washed up jellyfush, and me. So after me run, i stripped orf and in i went to greet the wild and inviting rythym of the waves, and the dark murky storm thrashed ambience calling my crazy self in, to join the chaos. I soon noticed a fella of (Jewish) faith on the sand in the wild wind getting his gear orf. He had some full on religious black and white clobber on, a big black hat which must've been gaffa taped to his head given the weather, and a beard down to his navel which split in 2 about halfway down. I reckon we were both bouyed and quietly excited by each others presence, like only 2 blokes can, as we independently revelled in the fact that.....

1. There's no other fuckers around gawking at me.
    2. Ain't this just grand, liberating, and refreshing.
    3. Looks like i'm not the only crazy c#$t around here.

Noice hot shower later, and chilled as. And that's kosher.
    :blush::shocked::good:
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Comment

Yikes Undies,

Did MWO shat itself for a while today?

I've spent the last two days cleaning out Nige's shed. Donating stuff, bequeathing stuff, selling stuff ... all pretty harrowing. Amazing the amount of "stuff" a bloke can accumulate in a lifetime.

In other news - I've dropped below 60kg and I'm not all that thrilled about it. It makes your wrinkles deeper.

Mr.G - thanks for the lovely Gurrumul.

Next?

Comment

Guitarista;1596529 wrote: Yep, i like these sorts of interviews. As an aside, I reckon the interviewer Kim would be a pain in the rear to share a house with but.

:H Yeah, couldn't leave your dirty socks in the loungeroom.

Glass Half Empty;1596544 wrote: well folks, intrepid probably wasn't the word I would have picked, more like decrepit. But I'll take it thanks.

tawnyfrog;1596918 wrote:

I've spent the last two days cleaning out Nige's shed. Donating stuff, bequeathing stuff, selling stuff ... all pretty harrowing. Amazing the amount of "stuff" a bloke can accumulate in a lifetime.

In other news - I've dropped below 60kg and I'm not all that thrilled about it. It makes your wrinkles deeper.

Next?
        I've been going round the house the last week looking at stuff I know I should get rid of.
        60 kg is not healthy Tawn. Are you taking any of the things Bridge and Happs suggested?

Comment

Rags;1596948 wrote:
          60 kg is not healthy Tawn. Are you taking any of the things Bridge and Happs suggested?
          Now here's a funny, Rags.

Went to the local chemist (not the relieving one who suggested I should have a couple of glasses of wine instead of anti-d's) and when I told him I wanted some Sustagen (as per the girl's suggestion) he said "what for?" I said I'm not eating - he said "take these Multi vits instead because Sustagen is for OLD people and you're not old".

I said "Why thank you, young man ... here's two bob for you."

He said "What's a bob?"

Does anybody else find that incredibly funny?

Comment

tawnyfrog;1596918 wrote: Yikes Undies,

Did MWO shat itself for a while today?

Next?
            Yep, I think it did Tawny (MWO shittting itself). At a particularly inconvenient time I might add!!

Oh, dear Frog, getting rid of stuff from people we have loved and have passed on is really hard. Particularly when it is stuff that they treasured but has no meaning to anyone else. I spent months trying to find someone who would appreciate my brother's very battered sousaphone :H - I say it laughing, but I just couldn't let it go to someone who wouldn't appreciate its significance. Things have a provenance, and there is value attached to that. :l

It has been said many times on this thread but I'm going to say it again, you are an exceptional woman.

And on the itsallaboutme.com channel - the place where Mr B has his new job has fusked up its paper work and it needs to be re-done. So it will now be 20 working days before he can start work. Right before Xmas!! On the one hand I feel grumpy because we need the income (read: I find the responsibility of being the breadwinner hard; but seriously, we are not going to starve so I should get over myself). On the other hand, we can take a leaf out of Glassy's book and do a last minute intrepid adventure. I'm veering towards the latter, but not quite there yet. I'm thinking a couple of days cycling somewhere not too far from Sydney would be nice.

Rags, a visit to you and Mr Rags is definitely on the agenda! But this has only just hit us, and we need to talk to Mr B's boy this weekend about his plans before we make any decisions.
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

tawnyfrog;1596951 wrote: Now here's a funny, Rags.

Went to the local chemist (not the relieving one who suggested I should have a couple of glasses of wine instead of anti-d's) and when I told him I wanted some Sustagen (as per the girl's suggestion) he said "what for?" I said I'm not eating - he said "take these Multi vits instead because Sustagen is for OLD people and you're not old".

I said "Why thank you, young man ... here's two bob for you."

He said "What's a bob?"

Yep - this old gal finds it hilarious. :H:H

Not so funny that you're still not eating though sweetie, and I'm sorry you have that harrowing job to do. It must be very painful!

Miss Behaving;1596959 wrote:

On the other hand, we can take a leaf out of Glassy's book and do a last minute intrepid adventure. I'm veering towards the latter, but not quite there yet. I'm thinking a couple of days cycling somewhere not too far from Sydney would be nice.
              Dooooo eeet, Dooooo eeet!
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1596951 wrote:
                :H I find that funny...is it an oxymoron? and I reckon under 60kg is for shortarses like...um...you know who...I'm guessing you've had no change in appetite then?

Love the music Mr G.

Work is a bit crappo at the moment but all else is good.

Waving to all Undies...and no Rags, the use of ... will never be banned...

Comment

Hiya Undies,

You just missed a magical moment.

It was 9:10,11.12.13.

YAY!

Comment

tawnyfrog;1597199 wrote: Hiya Undies,

YAY!
                    Yep. It was one of those one off's you don't see everyday.

Steak and vegies for lunch?

Off for more punishment in the ring today. We had a sparring session yesty, meant to be 'light' like, and it was.......until i changed partners and got 'Ray', a nuggety bloke who looked like he was originally from Morrocco, and raised in the tough back streets of the Marseille waterfront, before spending a few years at sea in the merchant navy. He came at me like a hurricane compared to the easy, measured approach of the others. I'm purchasing a mouthguard this morning. Already got the ball protector.

Have a pearler out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

tawnyfrog;1597199 wrote: Hiya Undies,

YAY!
                      I was there. I had popcorn...where were all of you?

Comment

Guitarista;1597203 wrote: Already got the ball protector.

Have a pearler out there.
                        Good. Is it in the style of Madonna or just a regular Hector Protector type cricket one? and a mouth guard is e.s.s.e.n.t.i.a.l.

Asp, been thinking too, you could grow some kale. Just throw some seeds around the pretties you and kids put in the garden. Grows like a weed up here. Freebies almost. You're welcome.

Comment

Morning Happs. It's yer hector protector jock strap style. Quite comfy they tell me....

Have a beeewdy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

hi gang, eat some for me super.
                            happs where would i get kale seeds?

day ten on the juice front. thinking of extending, but i miss my chewing too much. I may have a day or to respite then back into the fray.
                            down to 94.6 this morning from 105.8 on the 20th november.
                            AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

aspman;1597248 wrote: hi gang, eat some for me super.
                              happs where would i get kale seeds?

day ten on the juice front. thinking of extending, but i miss my chewing too much. I may have a day or to respite then back into the fray.
                              down to 94.6 this morning from 105.8 on the 20th november.
                              Jaysus! Good for you!
                              Are you hungry all the time? Do you have enough energy?

Re: the kale seeds, Bunnings is the go. Loads of different types too.

You're one of those guys I admire Aspy.
                              Make up your mind and JUST DO IT.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Thanx bridge, i am hungry from time to time but i figure that is good. if i am hungry i am burning my mass.
                                the juice sorts the hunger out nicely. i have had heaps of energy and not a headache for 10 days.
                                can be all bad, i am looking forward to an apple tomorrow for a treat.
                                AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Working...
                                X