Underoos and Friends - December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In answer to you question, now I'm over the shock. Yes, I've heard of this amazing medical phenomenon but not by this name.

It is THE most embarrassing thing that has EVER happened to me - in my ENTIRE life. I was standing in a cake shop in NZ at the time............it was much louder than a poop hole fart.
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Comment

myhappyplace;1597326 wrote: Look, I know...but, the thing is, I've been doing a bit of teaching lately and its ok when you're in a class and someone does it, you just carry on doing your thing. When your up front and someone does it, I struggle badly not to laugh...plus I lose concentration...
      :H:H:h:l
      Mother Theresa

Comment

:H:H Nicey!!! now I'm laughing like I'd like to laugh when it happens...the human condition is a funny thing, isn't it?

Comment

I actually laughed really hard, sitting here at the command post.

YOU MADE MY DAY HAPPS!!!!!
          Mother Theresa

Comment

nicelife;1597331 wrote: I actually laughed really hard, sitting here at the command post.

YOU MADE MY DAY HAPPS!!!!!
            :H:l

do you reckon Tawny is still consulting Mrs Google?

Comment

Why is it we always think farts are funny!!

I remember once I farted while I was watching tv, sprawled out on the lounge with Lady Dharma on my lap. She squealed and jumped up and then sniffed and sneezed. I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.

When Oscar does a pop off, he jumps up and runs away. I LOL each and every time. You'd think I wouldn't think it so funny now, but I still do!!!
              Mother Theresa

Comment

myhappyplace;1597332 wrote: :H:l

do you reckon Tawny is still consulting Mrs Google?
                Yeah, prolly - she's missing all the fun being so serious in her research :H
                Mother Theresa

Comment

Happs, you will NEVER be able to keep a straight face again when this happens. You'll always remember this conversation. You'll have to teach with your back to the class!
                  Mother Theresa

Comment

HAPPS!!!!! Here you go - I've got the answer!!!!!! It's from Auntie Yoga......

You are suffering from the dreaded vart (that’s vaginal fart). And no, it’s not uncommon to experience this when coming out of an inversion, especially for women after childbirth, which loosens the pelvic floor. You have several possible solutions, and it sounds like you are already trying one of them: mula bandha. This engagement of the pelvic floor muscles isn’t called the root lock for nothing. It should prevent air from getting in as well as out if you can hold it throughout the pose. This takes some practice, but it is actually a recommended method, especially practiced by Ashtanga yogis, to give your inversions lift, strength, and balance. You can also try doing Kegel exercises outside of class to strengthen these neglected muscles.

I have heard that if the problem is especially persistent, some women will wear a tampon in class to prevent it. I can’t endorse this method, as it seems uncomfortable and it is not recommended to use a tampon when you are not menstruating.

Two other options include if the problem is really mortifying and happens all the time, you can avoid doing these poses in class and save them for your home practice. Many women choose not to invert during their periods, so your avoidance of inversions shouldn’t cause any notice. Finally, you can choose to laugh it off. Our bodies do funny things when they are moved in unusual ways (read about more embarrassing yoga situations) and having a sense a humour about it is the best approach.
                    Mother Theresa

Comment

It's been done...some people like to "mirror" the teacher...wonder if that includes varts and farts?

Comment

nicelife;1597339 wrote: Happs, you will NEVER be able to keep a straight face again when this happens. You'll always remember this conversation. You'll have to teach with your back to the class!
                        It's been done...some people like to "mirror" the teacher...wonder if that includes varts and farts?

Comment

nicelife;1597342 wrote: HAPPS!!!!! Here you go - I've got the answer!!!!!! It's from Auntie Yoga......

You are suffering from the dreaded vart (that?s vaginal fart). And no, it?s not uncommon to experience this when coming out of an inversion, especially for women after childbirth, which loosens the pelvic floor. You have several possible solutions, and it sounds like you are already trying one of them: mula bandha. This engagement of the pelvic floor muscles isn?t called the root lock for nothing. It should prevent air from getting in as well as out if you can hold it throughout the pose. This takes some practice, but it is actually a recommended method, especially practiced by Ashtanga yogis, to give your inversions lift, strength, and balance. You can also try doing Kegel exercises outside of class to strengthen these neglected muscles.

I have heard that if the problem is especially persistent, some women will wear a tampon in class to prevent it. I can?t endorse this method, as it seems uncomfortable and it is not recommended to use a tampon when you are not menstruating.

Two other options include if the problem is really mortifying and happens all the time, you can avoid doing these poses in class and save them for your home practice. Many women choose not to invert during their periods, so your avoidance of inversions shouldn?t cause any notice. Finally, you can choose to laugh it off. Our bodies do funny things when they are moved in unusual ways (read about more embarrassing yoga situations) and having a sense a humour about it is the best approach.
                          :H:H I've read this...how do you suggest it to your students though? Between Lady Tena and Tampax we'd have it covered....guys get it easy on this one I reckon...

Comment

Now that we've brought the tone of the drawer down a peg or ten...normal programming can resume...

Comment

Ok - got ya.

You've just gotta say it like it is. Put on your fiercest teacher face and say "no fusking laughing when I VART or FART - no exceptions!"

Guys get it easy full.stop........
                              Mother Theresa

Comment

myhappyplace;1597347 wrote: Now that we've brought the tone of the drawer down a peg or ten...normal programming can resume...
                                Roger that - over!
                                Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
                                X