Underoos and Friends - December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why oh why oh why did I watch that clip? I thought all my cry bags were empty ...

Just had an incoming from Techie who said to tell youse that he's had his transplant, so far so good. He's in pain but that should get better and to tell you that he throbs you all.

Aspy - if you approach the mini tri like you've approached everything else you'll absolutely ace it. Well done you! (no aplologies for the !)

And BIG congrats to the Yoda Master! What a clever dirl.

Still ruminatin' about my Bucket List. I think I may need to totally reinvent myself but I will do so slowly at a m.e.a.s.u.r.e.d pace.

Comment

myhappyplace;1599360 wrote:
      I am now an officially fully qualified Yoga Instructor. You can all call me Yoda Master - that's what the family is doing

Teaches yoga she can. Very clever she is!

aspman;1599402 wrote: i think i am in over my head... just signed up for a minni triathalon.
      i dont swim the best.
      i have been toying with the idea but today i gave the official nod the the guy running our work effort.
      400m swim15km bike4 km run.
      sounds stupid when you put it down on "paper" like that.
      Not stupid at all Aspy. Where and when?

nicelife;1599412 wrote:
      This is just soooo beautiful. I bawled like a girl.

Dog dying on rubbish heap rescued
      Why does life have to be so bloody cruel? I used to work at an animal shelter and the horrible things I came across there used to break my heart.
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

glassy, it is round 7 at Raby bay. feb 24th.
        AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Arvo y'all,

Re bucket list. Hey Frog, how about opening that bed and breakfast concept that's been kicking 'round yer head?

Congratulations Yoda! You could run a few classes at Frog's new B&B. Great work Happs.

My bucket list remains the same........ Finish yer album Doodyhead.

Great news re Techie! Wishing you a successful and speedy recovery mate.

Noice day here. Spent the arvo on the beach out of the wind under a peaceful blue sky.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

A Better Me;1599422 wrote: Nicey that's just gorgeous. I want to adopt Miley & Frankie....
            Bucket list: adopt a rescue dog.
            Hi all,

Fostering and/or adopting a rescue is a very rewarding experience. I've also helped transport dogs from one part of the country to another by driving a leg of the transport route.
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

aspman;1599455 wrote: glassy, it is round 7 at Raby bay. feb 24th.
              Brilliant stuff Aspy. That should give you enough time to train.

x-post. Hi Siren!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Help needed

Hi undies - I'm visiting again as I believe young Satz may be in trouble with the booze :upset:
                Anyone here live in Sydney ?
                He is home for Christmas but heading back and I am fearful for him that he will have no support.
                He admitted to his sister he has a problem and wants to fix it. Has not spoken to me yet - but it will come I know when the GF is not around.
                If I could give him places to go for help & suppot for al abuse it would ease my mind a bit .

Any advice ?

Comment

aspman;1599455 wrote: glassy, it is round 7 at Raby bay. feb 24th.
                  Noice! My boys have done a few of the Raby tri's and they've all been well organised and lots of fun. I'm sure you'll have a ball!

satz123;1599461 wrote:
                  Hi undies - I'm visiting again as I believe young Satz may be in trouble with the booze :upset:
                  Anyone here live in Sydney ?
                  He is home for Christmas but heading back and I am fearful for him that he will have no support.
                  He admitted to his sister he has a problem and wants to fix it. Has not spoken to me yet - but it will come I know when the GF is not around.
                  If I could give him places to go for help & suppot for al abuse it would ease my mind a bit .

Any advice ?
                  Oh Satz, I wish I could help but I'm in Qld. I'm sure there are a lot of people here who can help you though.
                  There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                  You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1599465 wrote: Noice! My boys have done a few of the Raby tri's and they've all been well organised and lots of fun. I'm sure you'll have a ball!

Oh Satz, I wish I could help but I'm in Qld. I'm sure there are a lot of people here who can help you though.
                    Thanks Glassy-I'll wait for them to arrive :l

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1599118 wrote: If Bella makes it to be a big dog of 15 I'll be very happy. And perhaps a little perplexed, given that she's a cat. :H

byebyebridgetjones;1599335 wrote:
                      Been giving some thought to the bucket list idea proffered by Cakes and Happs. Goal setting is a great exercise. I reckon I might do it.
                      I'm in. I've been suffering a bit of existential angst over the last couple of months .... no mother to look after, no cats to cuddle, no garden to weed, all my kids and nieces and nephews are successfully running their lives, and worst of all no political causes to protest about - It is time to re-invent myself. HAve no idea how so far, but have two weeks off from the end of this week to contemplate my navel and what 2014 might bring.

aspman;1599402 wrote:
                      i think i am in over my head... just signed up for a minni triathalon.
                      i dont swim the best.
                      i have been toying with the idea but today i gave the official nod the the guy running our work effort.
                      400m swim15km bike4 km run.
                      sounds stupid when you put it down on "paper" like that.
                      Aspy - I can help you through the swim. It is the hardest part for lots of people but honestly, there are lots of easy tricks to make it quicker!! I bet Techie has lots of ideas too!!

Go out and swim 400m some time in the next couple of days and tell me how long it takes you. For me it is 10 mins and 12 secs and I'm an old bag in my 50s - for a fit young buck like you I bet you could manage to do some training and have it down pat by the time you do your triathlon.

tawnyfrog;1599436 wrote:

Just had an incoming from Techie who said to tell youse that he's had his transplant, so far so good. He's in pain but that should get better and to tell you that he throbs you all.
                      So now we know. You have PM conversations with Techie :H Give him our love :l
                      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Sorry Satz - I'm in Vic.

Comment

Miss Behaving;1599468 wrote:
                          So now we know. You have PM conversations with Techie. Give him our love
                          Nope. I don't do conversations - I just pass on his message. You'll have to pass on your love personally. I.am.not.a.conduit.

:H

Comment

tawnyfrog;1599469 wrote: Sorry Satz - I'm in Vic.
                            Thanks Froglet :l
                            Oh and btw I won't be landing him on anyone's doorstep:H
                            Just need to know the places , apart from here that I can tell him to go.

Now there's an idea :yay: - get him to register here ? :thumbs:

Comment

Yay Happs!
                              Yay Aspy!

Yay....let's re-invent ourselves!

Satz I'm not there either.....but just let me have a think...

Look, here's AA meetings in Sydney

Alcoholics Anonymous

How about a SMART meeting?

SMART Recovery Australia?|? Find a SMART Meeting
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1599474 wrote: Yay Happs!
                                Yay Aspy!

Yay....let's re-invent ourselves!

Satz I'm not there either.....but just let me have a think...

Look, here's AA meetings in Sydney

Alcoholics Anonymous

How about a SMART meeting?

SMART Recovery Australia*|* Find a SMART Meeting
                                :l Biddy - I will pass these on to him
                                I have heard good things about SMART !

Comment

Working...
                                X