X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos and Friends - December

satz123;1599479 wrote: :l Biddy - I will pass these on to him
    I have heard good things about SMART !
    So have I, although I've never been to one. There is much more out there for SMART than what I realised.
    There's even a couple of meetings in my tiny neck of the woods. I thought the local community hall was just there for people to pass out under
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening all...feeling a bit beyond Yoda special...got my hand stuck in the letterbox...umm...don't ask...

Hey, good new re Techie...sending out lotsa white light lurve to him...

Well done re the triathlon Aspy, see we put it out to the cosmos that you need something to tick off your bucket list and it presented...Next?

Comment

satz123;1599461 wrote: Hi undies - I'm visiting again as I believe young Satz may be in trouble with the booze :upset:
        Anyone here live in Sydney ?
        He is home for Christmas but heading back and I am fearful for him that he will have no support.
        He admitted to his sister he has a problem and wants to fix it. Has not spoken to me yet - but it will come I know when the GF is not around.
        If I could give him places to go for help & suppot for al abuse it would ease my mind a bit .

Any advice ?
        Hiya Satz,

I'm in Melbourne, but i'll have a look at what's around in Sydney. It depends what kind of support he's wanting. Does he want to de-tox in a detox unit? (6-8 days) Is he talking about a long term rehab, e.g. 3 months? Or as Bridge suggested some face to face support like AA or SMART recovery meetings? Does he reckon a drug and alcohol counsellor could help? Is he a resident? Holidaying? (visa status etc) If you're comfortable and think it'll be helpful, P.M. me and let me know some details and i'll start hunting around.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

That's a great idea Mr G. Sometimes I think that detox might be a useful even if you have been off the turps for a while. Just to build skills and relapse prevention techniques. I suppose one can do that in a meeting to though.

So, Yoda. You got your hand caught in a letterbox
          Is that literal, or some kind of analogy that we're supposed to be drawing lessons from?

Today I am receiving 2 new mobile phones for the boy and I for Christmas.
          These ones might actually work.
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Now Techie.
            You won't be able to see this, but I hope you recover well and come back to us soon.
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1599593 wrote:
              Today I am receiving 2 new mobile phones ...
              Pffft. That's nothin'. Tomorrow I'm having a Holter monitor fitted. So there.

Got to get a lot done today because we're expecting 40C on Wednesday. GACK!

Comment

tawnyfrog;1599617 wrote: Pffft. That's nothin'. Tomorrow I'm having a Holter monitor fitted. So there.
                Jesus woman, you are so competitive.

Well. My cholesterol is HIGHER than your cholesterol.
                Ner ner nee ner ner.
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Crikey dickens did you all wet the bed this morning?
                  Spatz, I AM in Sydney & would be delighted to go for a coffee with little Satz...or stalk him if your worried he's lying in a gutter somewhere. But honestly if it were my son on the other side of the world I'd feel much better with someone watching...maybe getting him to join here is a good idea, he could jump in with the Underoos - I think we've all got a pretty good handle on where each other is at.
                  So I woke up with a sore back again this morning I will go to see James but will go easy on the weights.
                  Now I have to make sushi for the 8yr olds class party - at least I know he'll eat that as well as a bucket load of lollies. All that joint rolling in the past had it's benefits...I now roll like a sushi master :H
                  Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

Morning all,

Well, i've got a new hand held dustbuster vac. I bet NONE of yis have got one of these.

Still trying to work out the meaning of Yoda's 'hand stuck in letterbox' lesson. I'm fusked if i can work it out. Is she saying.....'Look undies, just think twice before you jump into something, k? k'.?? I know, yes of course! It's a lesson about not getting into a r....re....rel.....rela.....relationship, cause you might get stuck there. Yes, that's gotta be it!

xpost. Morning Sushi master.

Have a pearler out there y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

tawnyfrog;1599617 wrote: Pffft. That's nothin'. Tomorrow I'm having a Holter monitor fitted. So there.
                      Already got me one of them. H.A.L.T. er yeah.

Comment

A Better Me;1599666 wrote: Crikey dickens did you all wet the bed this morning?
                        Spatz, I AM in Sydney & would be delighted to go for a coffee with little Satz...or stalk him if your worried he's lying in a gutter somewhere. But honestly if it were my son on the other side of the world I'd feel much better with someone watching...maybe getting him to join here is a good idea, he could jump in with the Underoos - I think we've all got a pretty good handle on where each other is at.
                        You are a PET :l I will take you up on that offer when he goes back.
                        If he came on here he could get to know you all - that will be my job #1
                        The kindness on this thread has actually reduced me to tears here today- literally.

Comment

Aspy - if you're reading - are juvenile eastern browns (about 18" long and about the thickness of my middle finger) venomous? I'm getting conflicting reports.

Comment

satz123;1599689 wrote: You are a PET :l I will take you up on that offer when he goes back.
                            If he came on here he could get to know you all - that will be my job #1
                            The kindness on this thread has actually reduced me to tears here today- literally.
                            Satz :l we never stop being mothers do we? it's a job for life that's for sure...

Mr G, the hand in the letterbox thing? its not a lesson in relationships its more a lessen in don't try to get into things you shouldn't anyway...there was a big envelope sticking out so I pulled it, saw a smaller letter trapped underneath and decided I could get my hand in..so flexible am I now...stuck fast...other hand full of assorted other bits...had to flap arms to wiggle out as the Lamp had already got inside and I didn't want to yell out...managed to break free but not before thoughts of fireman arriving to rescue me came forth

Off to consult Mrs Google on Holter monitors...

Comment

Right...now enlightened on Holters...you don't have to shave your chest do you TF?

Comment

myhappyplace;1599709 wrote: Right...now enlightened on Holters...you don't have to shave your chest do you TF?
                                Struth. It's not some sort of bondage device is it? These country folk can sure get up to some weird stuff you know....

Comment

Working...
                                X