Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos and Friends - December

Arvo me lovelies,

I'm back from the big smoke, physically and emotionally zorsted but it was nice to do the annual catch-up with my mob. They're good fun. My Christmas festivities are now done and dusted. No more dinners or events to attend over the festive season. Next official big smoke trip is in Feb when I shall attend a Seafood Cooking Course brought to me by the courtesy of my little brother. Noice. Other good scores include a superb Japanese steel chef's knife, 100 Nespresso pods, two Sudoku books, a Tuscany cookbook ... I think they're all trying to tell me something.

Have to have a nanna nap now but will read back to see what you've all been up to later on.

Comment

X posted and thanks for the comment. Will contemplate options over the next week :thanks:
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;1602051 wrote: Nicey - I've been re- reading Mary Poppins. I think you are exactly like her :-)
        Why thank you Missy - I think you are supercalafragalisticexpialydoscious (incorrect spelling but you get what I mean....)
        It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
        Mother Theresa

Comment

Miss Behaving;1602045 wrote:

Angel - I had a mango for you today you should be able to get them in Ak but they won't be as good as the Queensland ones. Sorry! I've been a bit of a mango glutton over the last week ....
          Thats great lovey...I'm in Dunedin. Hehe
          We took a stroll along the beach today...it was grey, windy & 14C. Melancholy is the word to best describe it.
          EDIT: we're a bunch of fusking whingers aren't we?

G I've been thinking about your opportunity also. I think you're right in that regardless of beauracracy & red tape BS you could really benefit the residents of C Island. An outlet like music would be invaluable to the overall mental health of the people there.
          Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

Hi kids

I’m trying to keep up, but to be honest I’ve had a %^@&%^*#@ of a week, no sleep and I’m not quite sure what day it is. Except people keep saying the Christmas word, so I’m assuming maybe late December?

I had an emergency sacking (oops – sorry, termination of employment) today, so that’s always fun to do at the last minute.

And obviously my week was nowhere near as ****y as it was for those poor people that the lovely Mr G is thinking about helping, so now I feel bad. You are truly lovely Mr G!

Our Christmas lunch will be our usual combo of Welsh traditional, hippie vegan and some bizarre in between bits. For some strange reason, I’ve been organised to take a beetroot salad. And I can’t remember what goes in it except (obviously) beetroot, And also, I just realised that in my kids’ absence, we’re missing 4/5 of the hippie vegan brigade. So basically it will be 5 omnivores, a pescatore and me. And lots of beetroot that nobody will eat.
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Oh dear, Dunedin!!!! Yes, melancholy is a apt description!

Hope you get a chance to enjoy the southern lakes at least

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Glassy :l

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;1602077 wrote: Glassy :l
                  Thanks Miss B- I really, really needed that!

Comment

And also, somebody hurt my feelings.

Comment

Mornin' alll from cold wet & windy Dublin.
                      The army gang are all asleep - or buying Brussels' sprouts :yuk:
                      So popping in here to see how Christmas is treating you all :l

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1602081 wrote: And also, somebody hurt my feelings.
                        :l Glassy
                        Will I come over and :bat: them ?

Comment

satz123;1602083 wrote: :l Glassy
                          Will I come over and :bat: them ?
                          Yes please! Whomever said revenge is a dish best served cold obviously didn't recognise the beauty of a baseball bat across the noggin at the soonest opportunity.

Sorry to hear it's cold, wet and windy there you poor love!

If it's not too painful to listen to us complaining about how hot and dry it is, it would be lovely for you to join us when the army are asleep!

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1602086 wrote: Yes please! Whomever said revenge is a dish best served cold obviously didn't recognise the beauty of a baseball bat across the noggin at the soonest opportunity.

Sorry to hear it's cold, wet and windy there you poor love!

If it's not too painful to listen to us complaining about how hot and dry it is, it would be lovely for you to join us when the army are asleep!
                            Ah no Glassy - I love the cosiness of winter to be honest.
                            We had snow yesterday - love it!
                            I rarely complain about the weather - only if my hair get wet :H
                            :l:l on the hot dry weather though - nowhere to hide - not sure I could hack that :no:

Comment

satz123;1602082 wrote: The army gang are all asleep - or buying Brussels' sprouts :yuk:
                              l
                              Or as I call them, little green balls of death.

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1602090 wrote: Or as I call them, little green balls of death.
                                Someone made a balls of the cabbage ?

Comment

Working...
                                X