One Step at a Time - December 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe that it's December already. This has been a rough year for quite a few of us. But, we need to remember to just take everything One Step at a Time. I hope that you all will join me..........:h

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Where is my "LIKE" button??
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Thanks for this Nora- :l
      One step at a time.

Comment

30 days has September...April June and November..... Is it really December?
        :hallo:
        Well it must be because our sweet Nora has gotten us off to another wonderful start and I have candy canes hanging off the front porch!

:l:h
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Thats a beautiful start up Nora thank you,i cant believe its december already! we got our tree yesterday and i just kinda stared at it thinking"didnt we just do this a few months ago?"Kradle,you posted you get more anxiety the longer you stay af,thats the same with me that has been one of my hugest triggers for saying "f-it,i keep reading around the boards that it gets better,so thats what keeps me trucking,plus in the past id drink to squelch the anxiety and it really doesnt work that great anyways,also i know if i just wait it out usually the next day is smooth,ayways hope everybody has a nice sunday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Sunday Loves.
            December????? ARGH!!!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

*more anxiety not al Kradle,i tried to edit it didnt work
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

December already just does not seem right..seems like summer just started...I have so much to do but no enthusiasm to do any of it...so I may just ignore it for now. It will still be there...
                Slept pretty well. Will be a slow day...not going to stress out about anything if I can at all help it..
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Morning everyone.

bkyogagurl - Great to see you here. :h

I am hiding in the bedroom for a bit. Hubby's pain levels have been way up. I feel so sorry for him but it's also hard to live with. It has gotten to the point that he only has 1 or 2 good days a week now. There's just not much the doctors can do unless he would start taking heavy duty narcotics for the pain. That just is not the answer.

Glass - I was thinking of you this weekend. I'm sure the funeral was hard. :l

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday. But, I think that it must be almost Monday morning for Glass.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Kradle and Pauly I'm the same way. I drink to squelch the aniexty and it worked for awhile. Not so much anymore. Church, leftovers for lunch and now some football. We will "practice" run the 5 k in a bit. Need to digest a little. Happy Sunday all.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome Nora-
                      I will be at day 1 today. I am pledging a sober day and would like to make til the weekend. I am feeling depressed & I do believe the cloud of alcohol from this weekend is looming. All I feel like doing is staying in bed.

Nora- I like to hide in my bedroom too. I'm sorry your husband is in pain and maybe taking things out on you. If you want or need to talk feel free to PM me.

1 day I can do 1 day and hopefully a week at least til Friday cause Thursdays have been sneaking in there. Today til Friday please.:l

Comment

Hi bkyogagurl. Welcome to the gang.
                        Sorry I didn't greet you earlier.
                        Nora....have you considered acupuncture? I know NOTHING about chronic physical pain, but I cannot imagine anything worse. enjoy your practice run Liz.
                        I am heading to our standard depressing Sunday dinner with Pop and Nana. I have come to dread it. She complains the entire time.....car honking.....gotta run.
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Liz - enjoy your run. Way too energetic for me today. :H I'm supposed to go to the gym with my son when he gets off work. Not sure about that.

bkyoga - Good job on Day 1. :l Try not to think in the future - just today you are not drinking. We'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

Mama - what is MIL complaining about? Your FIL's condition you mean? I'm so sorry about your FIL.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Welcome bkyogagurl. One day, just take it one day at a time. Any day without al is a good day.

Comment

:thanks:Thanks for the warm welcome & support. It makes me smile

It's usually not to hard for to stay AF during the week because it's so important to me to be present for my kids & husband. Binge drinking is my game. Hopefully this Nal works.

One day down & am feeling good.:l

Hi mama bear!

Comment

Working...
                              X