Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - December 2013

Thanks
    I know a large part of my recovery will be participating and asking for help. I normally lurk because a part of me is still in denial. I don't think I have another quit in me at this point!

Comment

ask away girlie...we are here.......tough love, soft love...whatever you need:h
      and K9 and I get a little rowdy at times, so please don't be offended.....(it's always Niner that starts it:H:H)
      :new:
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

So good to see you again Shelby!!!! Stick around!

:boxer: 'dems fightin' words Mama! LOL

Seriously Shelby, try to post daily (if not more), it really will help! And once we've got our claws into you, we'll start looking for you if you go missing! :l
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Ha ha! That's exactly what I need K9! No one personally knows my struggles with alcohol abuse. This is the only place I feel safe sharing. But, it is so easy to stop posting and fall back into old habits. That's why I'm also taking AB again. More protective layers for my sobriety.

Comment

I'se skerred K9!

Comment

Shelby - How do you think Mama got that black eye in her picture? LOL

I take Antabuse too. Believe me, lately I've thought of all kinds of reasons that I "shouldn't" be taking it...but there are no good reasons. I know where that type of thinking leads....back to my bunk with my cellmate named Diablo.
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Hi Shelby, using all of the tools available is the most responsible way to get your life back. Everyone here comes from different experiences but the one thing we all have in common is knowing life is better without alcohol in it.

Congratulations Dottie on day 100!

I watched a movie over the weekend on Netflix called Movie 43 and it was absolutely hilarious.
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hi everyone....I'm here, I'm here!

Welcome Shelby - glad to have you here with us. :l

I'm coming down with a cold so I'm heading to bed. Just wanted to check in. Have to leave at 5 am to take Scott to the airport.

Here's a pic of our aluminum Christmas tree.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Don't look now Nora, but i think your cat thinks that tree is hers!

Safe tonight everyone. Will catch up tommorrow .

:welcome:Shelby

Congrats Dottie :l

:h
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Sorry to say this Nora but....

[img]a href=[/img][/IMG]

:H:H:H
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

cute Glass!!!
                        Morning peeps
                        at work already, chugging down some coffee
                        I'll have to look up that movie, Allswell.
                        Hubs and I watched "The Heat" with Sabdra Bullock and peed ourselves laughing...really vulgar, but funny!!
                        Cute tree Nora....takes me back. Do you have the colored light wheel???
                        How are you holding up today Shelby??
                        bacinabit
                        kisses

Comment

Kradle
                          what's the latest on Matt??
                          K9...how is WHN??
                          I am being bully, bitch, stalker Mom getting Clay to study for his SAT's.

Comment

Hey all,nora i havent seen one of those trees in ages! hi shelby yeah we get a little crazy here but its all fun and games,you guys i am sick as a dog! thought i could stave it off but yesterday morning at work my stomach started gurgling,lovely,came home early hubs was asleep on the couch,son was asleep in bed,i changed into my jammies and feel asleep too,horrible nite scared to eat anything,but i did manage to keep some coffee down this morning,i shouldnt even be going to work,but i cant afford any time off,ah help! ill check in later to let you know if/how i make it through
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning,
                              Welcome Shelby and we are all here to help each other, I am off to do my treadmill and stretching routine as it always makes me feel better.
                              Day 4 starts and I am still Nicotine free and since I made it here I am pressing on... Savings $6.00 per pack times 4 days is $24 bucks now still in my pocket... :-)
                              So yes K9 we can do this and once you add up the $$$ it makes more of a drive to keep $$ in my pocket.
                              Hope all have a great day,
                              FT
                              AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                              As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

I'm here- having my first cup of coffee. Good job on quitting smoking. I quit over 10 years ago but have been addicted to nicotine replacement since. My goal is to cut that out in the new year.
                                I saw the Heat a few weeks ago. Loved it!
                                I tried to watch "Smashed" last night on Amazon. I've seen the recommendation floating around here lately. I had to turn it off after 30 minutes. It wasn't a trigger but was making me very anxious and I didn't need that on night 3.

Bring on day 4!
                                I'll be back later to post. Have to get the kids off to school and then an MRI on my knee (old running injury).

Great tree Nora!

Comment

Working...
                                X