Time to Revive the MWO Skype Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after much thought and consideration I am going to revive the MWO skype group at the first of the year. All those wanting to take part back in let me know. Some great lessons learned from the first go around that will help make it more successful this time around. I never give up on a idea and I am ready to see if we can make this work long-term.
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Being an 'old timer' returning again, I really miss the Chat room being active - that immediate go round with folks it beneficial and just fun sometimes. I have some very fond memories of silly time, as well as, deep helpful discussions. If that is what the Skype revival is about, that's great, but perhaps some might choose anonymity (phew, that's a tricky word to sound type!) by not having the camera on.....

I have no history with using that tool here, so very curious how it went before and what guidelines you are thinking.....if any.

Hidden

Comment

Hey Hidden - some people can't get into chat anymore. A few of us still can & I've been there a couple times recently. Chatted with Sol.

FD started a Skype group where we just typed. No video. There were several of us using it. A couple members had a disagreement and so it sort of fell by the wayside. You know how easy it is to misunderstand each other when you're just typing. Your real meaning sometimes does not come across.

But, with that being said, I did enjoy it. I still chat with a coupe of people on Skype. So, it would be nice to have a group Skype started again. We all just need to remember that we're all here for the same reason. We all need to try to not take things too personally.

I'm looking forward to it.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I'm in. I wish it was active right now. I'm in Sweden, wide awake at nearly 4 am!!
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

About getting in to Chat - I wonder if its the browser people use > I can get in with Safari, but not with Chrome - have not tried Firefox. I work in tech and browser functionally can often be a culprit.

Will keep trying - probably when the night owls visit

Comment

HG - know that I suggested to a couple of people to try a different browser. They didn't have any luck. But that has been months ago. Things could have changed.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
            X