choking on vomit WARNING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

choking on vomit WARNING

sorry for the grim title but I need to put this out here. ive just heard the awful news today that one of my "drinking friends" was found dead after choking on his own vomit. He was in his thirties and leaves behind a young child. We all hear about the chance of this happening but we all think it wont happen to us, well sadly it happened to him.
    Can you believe my first reaction when I heard the news was to want a drink, this was at 11am, I even got as far as getting my coat on to go out to the shops. how fucked up drinking thinking is that. Fortunately I but my real brain in gear and didn't but the fact I even considered it is pretty bloody ridiculous. I don't suppose this will stop me or anyone else from drinking but I just wanted to remind us of yet another way that al steals life from us.

on a more positive note I am delighted that I have just gone a week without alcohol. this is the first time for a couple of years that I have gone more than 7 days. Im experimenting with naltrexone so am mostly hanging about in the meds section but im lurking around to keep focussed.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

choking on vomit WARNING

I ended up in an ER once after my wife called emergency services because I was choking on my own vomit.

At least you kept yourself from drinking under the circumstances.
    In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

choking on vomit WARNING

Good on you Spuddle for not drinking - one of the 'tests' we have to face is how we deal with tragic news esp of those we know. Drinking won't make it go away.

Also great that you went 7 days AF and I hope you are feeling good as a result of this!

Comment

choking on vomit WARNING

I think I heard about the same guy this last weekend, the story I got was that he had been having problems with alcohol, wasn't very well at all but couldn't stop drinking. This was told to me by a complete stranger who was absolutely spannered in a pub, someone who's eyes were spinning in their socket and who couldn't work out why the deceased guy hadn't quit sooner.

Very sad tale.
        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

choking on vomit WARNING

Spuddle,
          Sorry for the loss. It's a terrible, thing, that AL, and kills us in so many different ways. Good for you for taking your coat back off and protecting your quit.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

choking on vomit WARNING

By the way spuds I can see how you'd immediately want to go out drinking, it's a bugger that booze - any flippin excuse.
            I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

choking on vomit WARNING

Alcohol will kill us unless we take a stand and say no more.

Sorry to hear of your friend Spud. My condolences.

Congratulations on a week off the turps. Keep up the great work. :l

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

choking on vomit WARNING

Excellent job on 7 days Spud!!
                I am so happy to see you back with us!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

choking on vomit WARNING

Only us other alkies completely understand how your first reaction was to go out and drink.......that's the crazy part of our brains working.

I've heard of people in parts of the country who get drunk and pass out in the snow and die that way. It could happen so many ways when we drink. I know I dodged the bullet many times and I'm so thankful!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

choking on vomit WARNING

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I think your reaction is normal in that you automatically wanted to numb the pain and/or emotion after hearing the news. I'm happy to see you here posting about it instead of drinking. It really is best to talk it out and work through this kind of thing rather than shut yourself down.

Congratulations on a week booze free!

Comment

choking on vomit WARNING

Spud -great job on not drinking. No two ways about it: Alcohol sucks and it sucks the life out of too many.

Comment

choking on vomit WARNING

piss shit to my head ; am drinking now today not a good plan. cant even think why its a good idea I realy don't know ' hopefully I will post shortly and say something more senskin;e
                        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

choking on vomit WARNING

Hiya Spud.

See if you can leave the booze and have a cuppa tea instead. Drink some water and get some rest. Start fresh tomorrow.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                          X