Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Saturday 14th December

Good morning Army

A beautiful sunny day here at the southern tip of Africa. Quite a few errands to run today, but I'll do it early before the crowds descend. Luckily I don't have to go to a mall or summat. We're having a few friends over for a braai tonight, so need to get all the goodies for that. Also need to service the pool pump. Nothing serious, thank feck - just a few seals and the selector thingy that needs replacement. The eldest cub has agreed to take responsibility for pool maintenance in exchange for extra pocket money. I'll make damn sure that he can't blame the equipment :H

Have a lekker Saturday, folksies! Even those with towel drying challenges
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Tipps and those to come, hope everybody has a great day in the run up to Christmas.

Yesterday proved to be one of the most challenging days I've had since I quit! The interview was without doubt an hour of what can be expected on arrival in hell. Chances of success are minimal, the only positive aspect is we all felt the same. It was more like an interview for a project director in a massive IT enterprise than a senior pensions person. Only one pension related question and by then my brain had shrivelled up and died (well what's left of my brain!)

Boring house things on today's agenda.
    AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Morning Tips and rest of Army

AccuWeather's very short description of today's weather: Cloudy. If I look out front they're right, if I look out back they're wrong. Would hate to be the weatherperson - just cannot win.

No real plans for today - couple of housey-housey things that need doing: if they get done, good; if not, I just won't open the door for visitors:H

Am I on coffee duty?

Too pretty to drink, though.

Have this one instead

:wavin: Spidey and :l:l. What's supposed to happen will happen - and my post-interview thoughts have always been worse than the pre-interview ones. When do you expect to hear something?

Later all
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

:wavin: Molly

And happy birfday to Simon

Comment

Mornin' all
          Sylv you will be GRAND - we've decided ! if you get it :yay:
          If you don't - nothings changed - but go back & put them on the spot and ask for feedback as to what areas you fell down - adding "for the next time"

Give them something to do and you will be surprised probably how well you actually did..... but just did not fit the bill THIS TIME

Comment

mollyka;1598796 wrote: Thanks Dreamster --- mind you, when I say I dunno where those 30 years went -- with a mental age of 18 it prolly explains it all:H
            Now I'm gonna be dipping in and out --- the mantlepiece now needs to be attacked!!! laters
            Will yer leave that fireplace alone :H
            orf to do me mentality age .........................................

Comment

Morning peeps, busy here. We got a 2:1 for our presentation which is a bit like a (B+). It's an okay mark I would of liked higher, but it's not bad considering all the challenges we faced.

Tipps, good thinking on the pool cleaning, lol

Spidey, it probs went better than you expected, for my current job, the interview was terrible: I was late, I argued with the manager who was interviewing me and i felt a total failure when I came out, but I got the job, LOL and have been made permenant, so you never know spidey
              I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

I'm 35 in me head - noice age - getting old though :H
                I said I prefer to stay at home than to travel + other sensible grown-up answers.
                That's at this stage of my journey 'cos I'm still trying to get a routine going - and the only way is to get in a right rut for a while .

Comment

:waving: Pinkypoo
                  WELL DONE !!!

Comment

Good morning Tipperoo, Dreamydooo, Mollymoo, Satzuma, Pinkles.

I got age 29. Tbh that was the best year of my life ............up 'til now.

A big :yay: for our Pinkles

and a lie down with a cold flannel and many cups of teas for our Sylv. :l
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

ok yiz are all gone so I'll leave my story from The Big SHAG House:
                      Yesterday Day 2:
                      Drove all around the city looking for a feckin' universal adapter ....... got one in the end.
                      Drove then to airport ( a first) to pick up another stray & deposited him back at the house
                      ( lovely lad from Bermingham it has to be said)
                      Escaped to the shops for a few hours.
                      When it was safe to go back - ahhhhh they had gone to Dublin - Mr S was gone to his 'do' - PEACE.
                      Fast forward to 4 am. Mr S arrives in and they are all asleep in the sitting room & he is very merry & sooo loud shooing them to bed:gramps:
                      Then S&H jumps in spare room where Mr S should be when he has a bellyful of Guinness - so I was treated to snoring from 4 am - I'm awake since then
                      Day 3:
                      We have the funeral, Mr S has a mutton head on him.
                      Apparently they are all going to the Rugby this eve - so more peace to be had I hope.

Comment

JackieClaire;1598838 wrote: Good morning Tipperoo, Dreamydooo, Mollymoo, Satzuma, Pinkles.

I got age 29. Tbh that was the best year of my life ............up 'til now.

A big :yay: for our Pinkles

and a lie down with a cold flannel and many cups of teas for our Sylv. :l
                        :hiya: quick yo JC
                        Love the festive madra (dog in Irish) by the way !!!!

Comment

:wavin: clever Pink :goodjob:

I'm 30 ; did you guys go to the details tab where they give a naive and a few other scores too?

Was the mantlepiece not done yesterday, before the crooked tree? It's Saturday, don't want to think, you've me all confused.

Most important bits of the garden watered; think will give some part of the Dreamy barracks a clean - worried some RSM may want to do a bit of inspection:H:H.

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1598846 wrote: :wavin: clever Pink

I'm 30 ; did you guys go to the details tab where they give a naive and a few other scores too?

Was the mantlepiece not done yesterday, before the crooked tree? It's Saturday, don't want to think, you've me all confused.

Most important bits of the garden watered; think will give some part of the Dreamy barracks a clean - worried some RSM may want to do a bit of inspection:H:H.
                            :hiya: another quick hello Dreamypoo. :l
                            Must dash
                            Laters

Comment

Just bringing this post over from last night so I can give my 2 pennorth.

sweetpea29;1598659 wrote: Evening :hallo: anyone still about?

Down in me Dads tonight after a busy ol day- started with hairdresser, then went visiting a few pals and their kids and then home to Dads to start getting his house ready for festivities.

Strange but have been having 'drinking' thoughts a lot tonight. I dunno whats going on. Thinking of being here Christmas day after work and what will I do?
                              Every year this past 20 odd yrs Ive been drinking Christmas -tis nearly a tradition in this house. 'Special' drink will be out like the brandy and baileys as well as the ol vino, whiskey for Dad.
                              In the past it didn't matter that I would have been working shifts over the Christmas - still fitted-in my drinking around them. This year is gonna have to be different guys. How can I break this association? Its a pleasant association I have of sitting around the fire watching something funny on the box and having the craic with me Dad and bros. I would love to be able to have a drink on just Christmas day only. Deep-down however, knowing that if I do it would not end there.

Maybes Iz just a tad emotional and tired tonight, thus feeling melancholy and looking at those days of Christmas past through rose coloured specs- I dunno:upset:

Putting it down here anyhows, cause maybe reading it over I will be able to see sense and talk my silly mind out of this funk!!
                              Ahh me lovely.... let's start with one of these.:l

Funny you should mention sitting round with your 'special' drinks and the bit of craic. When I first gave up drinking one of things that was at the back of my mind was that I would never again sit up half the night drinking me red wine while my favourtist uncle in all the world would shovel down the brandies. We would sit for hours putting the world to rights, laugh about me as a toddler, him as a young pitman.......you name it we talked about it.
                              Now last Christmas although it was daytime and were drinking endless teas, we still managed to laugh, cry, put the world to rights, on and on and on. It wasn't until maybes a day or two after that I realised we didn't need alcohol. We needed each other.

It wasn't until after he died in July that that would be my last time with him. Still talk to him all the time in my head though.

Dunno why I've gone off on that tangent........think what I'm trying to say is we can have magic moments with a simple cup of tea.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X