Army Thread Friday 20 December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry you guessed right, I am in work now on my phone. You need to go into user cp to change your av. I can't really remember the exact steps and can't check right now. Will get back to you on that. Working all weekend, finish mon evening so I am.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

mollyka;1601060 wrote: I'VE DONE IT --- LIKE -- ALL ON MY OWN -- LIKE ---- TABBERS DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO HELP ME -- LIKE --- FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 4 YEARS ------ I'm a superhero:H:H:H
      Very proud of ya Molls :goodjob:

Comment

Still at work Molls.Are you off today or in later?

I'm the same with the puters.I can turn them on & off & of course shop

Comment

Molly has morphed into Merry Christmas, all on her own and by herself - she's our Queen of the :bananacomputer:.

Hallo Tabs; sweet and lovely homegrown should upset the farmers - if they can't give us what we want, we'll just DIY. Picked my first baby marrows yesterday; some more ready for today and I guess after Christmas it'll be marrows for breakfast and lunch and supper. And tomatoes.

There's an entire tree with cherry plums that need attention between now and Sun when I leave: plum jam, plum chutney and plum preserves planned, will take as much as I can to the old age home on Sunday. People don't want to visit me anymore, and anybody who just walks down the street are given some to see them home.

Later!
          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Molly, yes and no to the going home bit: haven't seen the family since my brother's wedding last July. But the not drinking bit does worry me, although nobody's likely to insist on me having a drink. And Dad stopped years and years ago - how the poor man coped with his boozing offspring I really don't know. But, a glass has always been an escape when the family get too much. So, that's the no part. The yes part: we're actually quite close, despite the harmless bickering - and there always is a lot of that - and I do miss them. So, mixed feelings. Anyway...

All of you - thanks for the support earlier today. I know that you will always have advice - good advice - and I wish I could hug you all for just being there. And in a nice, not-in-my-face being there. So: hugs and death by chocolate to all.

And if Photobucket will finish uploading my pics, I can bore you with what I see in my tomorrow - but it's taking its own sweet time.

Later!

Comment

:woot::woot::woot: the office will now only see me again on 6 Jan
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

mollyka;1601118 wrote: yay!!!!! - should we give you 5 mins before we tell you --- the pool needs doing, the car needs cleaning, the gutters are blocked, the grass needs cutting.........
                A ray of sunshine and bearer of good tidings is our Molly:H:H:H

mollyka;1601117 wrote:
                Sorry for disappearing there Dreamy -- Jilly was on Skype and we lost the key to the garage --- neither issue connected - but both needing time!
                She's off to Peru tomorrow so we had to do the Happy Christmas and the 'be sure you bring your passport and don't put anything strange in your luggage' convo
                I s'pose all families are the same really -- Parsons egg syndrome -- and yes, of course not having the escape of a booze buzz must seem scary -- even these days, when there's a big family get together -- I KNOW I'd be more fun and in ways things would go more buzzily cos I became the hostess with the mostest with the few jars back in the day when I COULD have a few jars --- but ---- well --- here we are huh!!! And it's nice having your Dad as a co-nondrinker - bit like young Satz's GF for Benjy -- I love a non-drinking buddy these days, and I'm lucky that Joe is mostly there as back up --
                I find coming on here with a bit of an aul vent or moan or even just being able to say 'I feel blah' - it really helps -- I would be conscious sometimes that I am a constant moan -- but it usually balances up so I don't hold back anymore Neither should any of us if it helps, and we often don't KNOW what would help when we are feeling like that -- and that's where other alkies come in -- we actually DO think a bit differently to others --- not just about drinking -- we have somewhat quirky wiring I think - so we usually understand eachother ---
                Right - I've given up on the garage key -- Joey seemed rather anxious about it, considering he was going out in an hour --- just realised -- their wee stash of weed was probably locked in there--- oh dear
                You're right about coming here for a moan even if there's no real "help" - I'm just not very good at it, will try harder in future :H:H (Shall I write that out 100 times?)

And stashing their stash in a car? Tut-tut-tut.

Mr X is sitting on the beach checking out the local talent. Well, not really, when I spoke to him he was ordering somebody around who was putting up the caravan tent for him, but no doubt will do the above later.

Had to delete your smilies so that I could use my ration. Sorry.

OK, back much later: supper with an old friend. Old as in older than my dad.

Comment

Tell the garage story - remember :new:

I really should pay attention when I read here - had the idea that the car key was lost, not the whatever way it's pronounced key.

Old as in 80+ old Molly. I'm ancient, myself. Mr X = Mr Camps Bay, I think you called him? He insists on staying in the picture.

Comment

What a story! Don't know how people with teenagers stay sane.

Mr X is at the beach, lucky sod.

We've a brass band practising carols - quite nice, actually.

Later!

Comment

:hiya:
                      Orff to read back.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:wavin:
                        Back home - where's everybody?

Comment

Yo there Dreamy,
                          I think we are everybody.

How was dinner?
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hallo everybody. Absolutely stuffed here, thanks. Survived the smell of beer and red wine :wd:

Off to bed now - sorry to leave you on your own, JC, but I am so ready for bed.

Sweet dreams and :l :l :l all - talk again tomorrow!

Comment

Nighty night, hun.:l
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:wavin: Army

Back from dinner at a restaurant in the overpriced tourist trap that is Dreamy's neighbouring town just over the mountain. It was nice enough, but not THAT nice. The minute they feel the need to present a highly decorated plate I get worried. Dinner for 4 was the equivalent of what I spend on our weekly groceries. Luckily we were the invitees, and our hosts live in the UK, so they didn't blink. If you do a straight conversion it doesn't seem so bad, I guess.

Howyis all?
                                I'll do whatever it takes
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X