Tobacco/Smoke-Free Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK K9, let's do this! I'm feeling unbelievably craptacular this morning, likely the cig withdrawals, but that's to be expected. Just gotta get through it.

Day 2 CF

Comment

Day 3 CF

K9, Jvo, how you all doing?

Comment

Day 2 CF!

J-vo?
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I keep breaking and smoking

Today I'm on Day 1 again... argggg this is so hard

EDIT but I'm going to be strong today, I VOW (with the help of my trusty nicotine candies)

Comment

Day 3.

Don't feel bad Skull...this is my one millionth quit. LOL Just KEEP TRYING...that's all we can do! :l

Comment

Day 4.

Where are my peeps? Come on...I can't do this alone!

Comment

Day 2 here! I'm with ya!

Comment

Whew! How are you feeling Skull? I am trying to convince myself that my newfound freedom is wonderful...as in "I don't HAVE to go outside and smoke anymore!!" Sometimes it works, sometimes not. But I'm trying and haven't given in. Thoughts of smoking are becoming less urgent. I chew 3 pieces of nicotine gum per day. I think that's mostly a mental thing though. What can I say, I am mental. LOL :H

Comment

Yayyyy we're stringing together some CF days!!! It's been pretty hard but for me the nicotine lozenges do make it easier. Day 3 CF! I'm glad you're doing this with me, K

Comment

Day 5.

Look at us go Skull! We are doing this :happy:

Comment

Hi kids,
                        I blew it last weekend when I blew it drinking. The two go hand in hand for me. I'm back on the patch Day 5, but if I ever have another close call like last weekend, I'm going to just smoke and not drink!
                        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Jvo, it happens to all of us. The two definitely go hand in hand for me too. Up until recently, I'd ONLY smoke when I drank cuz like Reese's peanut butter cups, cigs and booze were the two great tastes that taste great together. Then the last couple months I started smoking a lot, while sober.

Anyway, I can't believe I'm on Day 4 CF. Glad you got right back up, back on the patch and back to this thread with us

K9, can you believe we've got this many days>??? Holy shit. I'm very happily surprised with myself. My nicotine lozenges to really seem to help get past the cravings. Plus, I don't stink to high heaven after smoking, which is a plus.

Comment

I actually went down to 7 mg this week, as that was the next step down on the patch. I didn't have too much difficulty, I think because I was on the 14 for so long. I'm feeling quite fine! So Day 6 here.

Keep going skull and k9. We can kick this.
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Oh! I remembered what I wanted to say. I work with a heavy smoker. He smells of it constantly, smokes and coffee. It's the worst combo you can imagine. The smell in his classroom from it coming out of his pores is so bad that a kid got him a plug in air freshener. I've been on his case a long time to quit, as he's 51, overweight, and smokes lots. But being around that smell really turns me off, and I when I think about smoking, I think that I don't want to smell like that.

Comment

Good reminder, Jvo... bad stinky breath/skin is pretty nasty. Alcohol and cigs are definitely top offenders for this.

Day 5 CF

Comment

Working...
                                X