Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tobacco/Smoke-Free Roll Call

jvo day 8
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Well gang... the bad news is, I smoked yesterday. The good news is, I was going to let myself for the whole day/whole pack, but I got really grossed out and sick of it after 5 smokes, about mid-evening, and threw them out, feeling that my nicotine lozenges are genuinely better. So that's progress of a sort.

That being said... Day 1 CF

Comment

skullbabyland;1615814 wrote: Well gang... the bad news is, I smoked yesterday. The good news is, I was going to let myself for the whole day/whole pack, but I got really grossed out and sick of it after 5 smokes, about mid-evening, and threw them out, feeling that my nicotine lozenges are genuinely better. So that's progress of a sort.

That being said... Day 1 CF
        :goodjob: That is good progress! I failed so many times before I managed to quit that I lost count. But unlike you, I always went back the the habit, even though they were disgusting. The fact that you can throw them out shows you have the willpower to succeed. Keep moving to your goal and you'll overcome the cravings for sure!
        "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." - R. E. Shay

Comment

That is progress Skullbaby! Just the fact that you threw them out, and they tasted bad. Yep. Good progress!

Day 8 for me.

Hi Johnny.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Thanks guys

Day 2 for me. K9 how are you doin?

Comment

:bang

Bought a pack yesterday that is not "my brand" and they taste disgusting. May not even finish them. I am ready to go back to the Nicotine Gum. I waste a lot of time smoking...and don't even enjoy it these days.
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Well, no reason to finish them if you don't enjoy them... the nic gum will be better anyway!

Comment

Very true Skull...they taste nasty.

Besides, I really like the nic gum because I can really crack and pop it loud. Just to annoy people. LOL
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I've become addicted to dip over the last month. I still remember that first one I took, it got me feeling goood :blush:

Now I feel disgusted with myself and set a quit date for Saturday. I've been trying to taper down, but this vile weed has got a hold of me. I go through a tin like it's nothing and take massive dips. I tried taking smaller ones but they're so unsatisfying. Damn you, chew!
                    Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.
                    George Santayana

Comment

Day 12 here. Slippery, how about the patch or nic gum. I've used them both, and I loved nic gum too much. K9, I get it about the cracking thing. I probably almost over-dosed on it because I would get anxious, put another piece in my mouth ignoring the fact that it was real nic in the gum. Got sick. OMG, I can't put anything in my mouth without becoming addicted. Well, most things...

Comment

j-vo, thanks for the tip and reminding me that my mind is usually in the gutter
                        Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.
                        George Santayana

Comment

January 24 Rollcall

Skull- Day 5

Comment

January 24 Rollcall

Skull- Day 5
                            jvo day 13

Comment

Oops. Sorry Slippery. Did I say something stupid, because that truly happens all the time with me no matter how hard I try to stop.

Comment

how I can manage to stick my foot in my mouth while typing is just beyond me...

Comment

Working...
                                X