Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 23rd December

Good morning, folksies

Sunshine and heat. The closest we'll get to a white Christmas is if we use those cans of fake snow.

Satz, that is a very hard blow for that poor woman.

A bit of shopping to do today. Visit to the butcher's and a few stocking fillers. Just very happy that I'm not at the office today.

Have a lekker Monday, Army.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Good morning MrT and all who follow

Frosty morning here MrT- try not be too jealous now!

:yay: for you not being at the office. What delights will ye be cooking up for the family Christmas day?

Longday lies ahead for me, ah well, will be good to get it over with at start of week

Happy Monday all xx

Comment

Morning, PeaPod

Best of luck - hope the day isn't too long.

I'll probably just make a leg of lamb, and go easy on the trimmings, opting for lots of salads instead. We don't make that big a fuss about Christmas. Deffo no sprouts. Can't stand the things.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1602056 wrote: Morning, PeaPod

Best of luck - hope the day isn't too long.

I'll probably just make a leg of lamb, and go easy on the trimmings, opting for lots of salads instead. We don't make that big a fuss about Christmas. Deffo no sprouts. Can't stand the things.
        :H What? No sprouts?!! That's just not right :no: Sure they'd be lovely in a salad.
        Lamb is one meat I never liked- strange as everyone else in the family lurve it.

Best get going - it's gonna take a while to clear the car windscreen this morn
        Carol, the weatherwoman on bbc, is telling me there's a whole lotta rain and wind ahead today. Nice!

Enjoy your day MrT

Comment

Morning Sweetie & Mr T - wish we were having a warm Christmas! Really busy few days and still have the bloody cold which cost me the promotion did a dreadful interview so such is life, other opportunities in the new year though

Pressie shopping done, food shopping is easy as there are just the 2 of us Wednesday and the family on Thursday for lunch then nothing - thank goodness and a big change from last year when I had just quit, had his parents to stay for a week (houseguests from hell they were) so it should be an easy few days. Now all I need to do is get rid of the bloody cold which has been with me for over a week now.

Have a great Monday and all those to come.
          AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Mornin' all
            Benji reporting for duty !
            Following the the news yesterday morning - it brought it home to me how 'life goes on' no matter what. This was a lovely lovely man. One of Mr S oldest friends from school.
            .... for yesterday anyway there was no grief or mourning allowed to interfere with the family get together.
            Maybe that's the right way - not sure. Maybe it's a survival thing ?
            I survived the weekend unscathed. Actually enjoyed myself ...... stayed in pub till 1 am Saturday night singing Christmas songs:shocked: T'was lovely & cosy and not as manic as usual.
            Up and at them at 8 yesterday morning & hauled yer man with me avec mutton head - out to walk the pier before breakfast.
            Saturday & Sunday : was so cold - went to pub after pub - they drank and drank and I ate ate ..... & shopped.
            This was a major breakthru for me .... and I and won't lie and say wasn't tempted by a hot port or a glass of red by the fire - but I am so happy about it.
            AB is a marvellous tool -'cos not having committed to AF forever yet - it helps me just choose my battles for now until it comes as second nature.
            My resolve was strengthened every time I sat in one of these gatherings :thumbs:
            Christmas day will be a doddle.:yay:

Comment

satz123;1602076 wrote: Mornin' all
              Benji reporting for duty !
              Following the the news yesterday morning - it brought it home to me how 'life goes on' no matter what. This was a lovely lovely man. One of Mr S oldest friends from school.
              .... for yesterday anyway there was no grief or mourning allowed to interfere with the family get together.
              Maybe that's the right way - not sure. Maybe it's a survival thing ?
              I survived the weekend unscathed. Actually enjoyed myself ...... stayed in pub till 1 am Saturday night singing Christmas songs:shocked: T'was lovely & cosy and not as manic as usual.
              Up and at them at 8 yesterday morning & hauled yer man with me avec mutton head - out to walk the pier before breakfast.
              Saturday & Sunday : was so cold - went to pub after pub - they drank and drank and I ate ate ..... & shopped.
              This was a major breakthru for me .... and I and won't lie and say wasn't tempted by a hot port or a glass of red by the fire - but I am so happy about it.
              AB is a marvellous tool -'cos not having committed to AF forever yet - it helps me just choose my battles for now until it comes as second nature.
              My resolve was strengthened every time I sat in one of these gatherings :thumbs:
              Christmas day will be a doddle.:yay:
              Sounds like you're looking forward to Christmas day.
              I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Ukblonde;1602080 wrote: Sounds like you're looking forward to Christmas day.
                :hiya:Blondie

Comment

Well not dreading Christmas day Blondie - you ?
                  Will you cope ok ?

Comment

Good morning Tipperooo, Sweetypea, Spidysylv, Satzuma, YouKayBee

Tragic news about your friend Satz. Honestly hard to comprehend, the poor love.

Sorry about the promotion, Sylv.......but as you say a new year and new opportunities.

The Costa del Tyne will be getting your weather, Sweety, in about 3/4 hours.

And you survived the weekend with nothing but bags and bags of shopping,Satz. Watcha get me Blooming well done.

How you feeling UKBee about the whole Christmas shenanigans.

Just stuck a coupla pots on.............should see us through the day.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:waving: JC
                      Announced a total detox day today to Mr S , first born sprog+ SHAG on way home last night.
                      No coffee, alcohol, sugar, bread.
                      Was greeted from the back seat by howls of laughter and they all signed up for the opt out clause :H:H

Comment

Hang on while I do the same.........:H:H...

I get the no alcohol..................but the rest.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1602094 wrote: Hang on while I do the same.........:H:H...

I get the no alcohol..................but the rest.
                          We can but try Jackser :huh:- try to instill a modicum of decorum in them before 'C' day !:H

Comment

So you won't be wanting any of this then.

Syrup Sponge Pudding recipe - All recipes UK

Made a test one yesterday and it's amazing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

The fucking shower is now broken they've used it so much .......................
                              GREAT !
                              Ok up & at 'em -
                              Later gaters-wherever yiz all are !!

Comment

Working...
                              X