Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 24th December

Good morning folksies

I never got round to doing half the things I had to yesterday due to the DIY disaster that won't be mentioned,so I need to get my arse in gear. Most people who are still working have a half day, so I need to be done by lunchtime or be caught in crowds.

Have a lekker Tuesday, Army!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Chromie - if you divulge details of your DIY disaster, I will give you a public hug, with emoticon and all.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1602398 wrote: Chromie - if you divulge details of your DIY disaster, I will give you a public hug, with emoticon and all.
      :H:H:H

Now how can I refuse such an offer? Lets just say it involved electrical cabling, a swimming pool light and an exploding LED light fitting. If I had more hair, they'd be standing on end. I was left holding a very expensive but totally useless piece of fecking plastic with bits of wiring melted into it.

The worst is feeling like an utter twat when the electrician arrives to do the job properly and gives you a superior smirk. And you fork out even more money.
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

What a PISSER!!!!!!

:l

Comment

tawnyfrog;1602400 wrote: What a PISSER!!!!!!

:l

As always, your heartfelt understanding and support warms the cockles of my heart.
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

X-post, morning MollyMoo
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1602403 wrote:

As always, your heartfelt understanding and support warms the cockles of my heart.
              I know.

Hiya Molls!!! Morning Army - I'll leave you now that the Chromie One has given me a damn fine chuckle.

Comment

Good morning Tipperoo, Mollymooo and a very warm Christmassy type handshake to the Lady Frog.

Sorry Tips couldn't help meself.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning MrT, Molls and all to come and good evening Tawnyfrog

Well!!! Have today off thank feck.

Heading homewards after get sorted here, where Dad and myself are gonna cook the turkey n ham, so that all he and me bro hafta do tomorrow is the spud and veg, hoping they shall have a dinner for me by time get home from work. Yeah, that's the plan! If all fails in the kitchen and things don't go to plan- all is not lost- gotta huge gift tray of ferreros yesterday- that'll keep me quiet for a while!!

Horrific day yesterday in work and came home very tearful and bruised but have decided to put it behind me, today's a new one and all that.

Bbc's Carol is talking of severe gales and wind warning for here today- ah well, at least it aint snow.

Loads to do so best shift me arse,

Have a great day folks xxx

Comment

Morning Jacks :hiya:

Yeah meant to say, Holy Feck MrT- yer a lucky man.... maybes leave the swimming pool electrics to an electrician in future.

Comment

Morning Sweetypie,

I just don't know where to start this morning.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1602429 wrote: Morning Sweetypie,

I just don't know where to start this morning.
                        Coffee- huge mug of...... silly!!:l

Comment

sweetpea29;1602430 wrote: Coffee- huge mug of...... silly!!:l
                          Of course..........
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1602431 wrote: Of course..........
                            That's the business Jacks :goodjob:

Have ye a busy day ahead?

Still topping up the caffeine levels here. It's just got a little brighter and I can see white stuff laying on the ground!! Yeah, THAT white stuff!! Tis just a light coating tho- thank feck.

Comment

mollyka;1602435 wrote: I think that's a BRILLO plan Sweetypants --- and if it all goes belly up -- you can blame THEM!!! Lets face it anyways --- who's ever actually HUNGRY by the time the big dinner is put out --- stuffed full of selection boxes and smarties --- and that's just the growed ups:H
                              Little word of caution Tweets --- I found when I was bringing work home in my head it was the closest I came to derailment in 2 years --- thankfully it was nowhere NEAR close --- but it was potentially gonna build into a furnace ----- you're only paid for the hours you're doing - leave it all behind you , and I know that's easy to say for me -- I don't have peoples lives at stake etc. --- but same basic principal --- mind ourselves first --- ya know --- the 'put on your own safety belt before the child in a plane syndrome' ----- lecture over - and said with love and care:l:l
                              Morning Jacks!! Gateaux in the oven -- found the recipe again on d'internet --- looks and smells gorgeous --- table half set --- incredible how when that's done the house seems to fall into shape --- phew --- oh, and ham bubblin away in the coke -- now for coffee and a 10 min lull
                              I know Molls- just find it hard to leave it at the door, ya know? It is the one thing that really could lead me to a fuck-it moment, but not gonna let it- :no:

Here! if all else fails tomorrow, Im shoving me Da, Bro and Aunt in the car and we are heading for the Brig- me likes the sound of that gateaux!! Do keep posting on yer ham's progress, am somewhat anxious how mines gonna go later!!

Comment

Working...
                              X