• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ladies!

Registered Member
    (7/9/06 2:49 pm)
    Reply Re: My Birthday
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WOW and WOW again. You guys blew me away! (and helped to really make this one of my most memorable birthdays). I woke up to fresh coffee being handed to me by hubby and he'd gotten me the gift I wanted - a Cape Cod bracelet. We talked and had a relaxing morning. Then I headed to the barn and went on a two hour trailride with my barn friends, on my beloved horse that I've had for 14 years. She's 20 now but flew up a hill like she had wings on - oh was that a rush! My friends surprised me too. They'd each gotten me a little gift and one friend had brought a cake that we all shared before riding. Tootie (horse) even enjoyed some of the frosting.
    THEN, I headed off for a facial that I'd booked a few weekds ago. It's the first one I've ever had in my life and I'll definitely do it again. It was heaven!!!! And the grand finale is that my husband got lobsters for dinner. It's a gorgeous Cape Cod evening and we'll "dine" outside and enjoy the breeze. So it has been very memorable. I can't thank you all enough for the kind words, funnies, sympathy and everything else. I read your replies this morning and felt so uplifted and like I had this support all around me. The postings just snapped me right out of that self-pity party I was having last night. But hey, that felt right too. I'd emailed my sister last night and told her I was upset with her too. She called me right away and we talked and talked and cleared some things and pledged our love and support for each other. (Haven't told her about the level I've been drinking at - YET). So that felt good. The kids haven't called yet but there's still the evening stretching ahead. One of my issues is that I need to let people in on what my needs ARE. They can't read my mind, after all.
    So thank you all - you're terrific and I'm so glad that I'm here now. Em

Thanks Ladies!

Well, Em,

I'm glad that you took the risk and put your needs out there!! I'm so glad that you got a birthday that was wonderful and memorable!!! I have a cat named Tootsie!! She built like a brick sh*thouse, but unfortunately, I can't ride her!!!:rollin . I'm glad you enjoyed your day!!!

Incidently, my daughter is 17, and I have pledged to myself that I will NOT expect anything extraordinary in the way of recognition until she is AT LEAST 30!!! I have a great relationship with my mom now, but I was in my mid 30's before I really realized what she had done for me!!!

Keep the faith, dear!

Hugs,:d :d
    Kathy

Comment

Thanks Ladies!

Sounds like a great day for you Em.

And rightly so.

All the best in your new year of life.

Helen

Comment

Working...
      X