Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Saturday 28 December

Good morning Army!

Lovely day here in Africa - bit of cloud, but not much promise of rain (well, not the rainy season anyway, but still hoping).

Coffee's on your bedside table, rusks courtesy of the bestest Mum in the world. She also knitted loads of jerseys and beanies for underprivileged children in the village - to be handed out asap. Amazing woman, she.

Mention last night of big day for Sweetiepeapie today - what did I miss?

Kit hen cupboards screaming for attention, pantry pleading ditto, garden looking truly sad and parched. (From what I saw in garden yesterday, all meals from now on will be zucchini with something else.)

Just had an sms from SIL3: her 16-year-old cat has had a stroke and had to be put down, the geyser burst while they were away, house under water, they'll have to replace the wooden floors - not a happy homecoming.

I know I sound like a broken record, but it's so good to be back home - MWO home and 3D home - I really missed it.

Later!
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

DreamThinkDo;1603824 wrote: Mention last night of big day for Sweetiepeapie today - what did I miss?
    Oooooops, should have guessed! Reading the boards first would have helped too!

Wonderful news, Sweetiepea - doing a million happy dances for you!

Comment

Army, have you nothing to do but sleep?

Comment

Morning Molly!!! So glad to see signs of life! And it's not early - even up there it's just gone seven. Predictive test is from the devil - and when using two languages it just loses the plot completely! Just making a second cup of coffee - have some.

This is for the rest of the lazy buggers:

:band2: :disco: :band2: :rockband:

And no, I'm NOT turning the volume down until everybody's checked in.

Comment

Turn down that racket, will you?

Welcome back, Dreamy

Morning, Molls!
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Tips!!!

tiptronic_ct;1603852 wrote: Turn down that racket, will you?
            DreamThinkDo;1603850 wrote:
            Don't you have two teenagers in the house? You should be used to it by now?:H:H Any more DIY projects planned? (Sorry, couldn't resist:H:H)

(Really odd, this quoting myself.)

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1603850 wrote: Morning Molly!!! So glad to see signs of life! And it's not early - even up there it's just gone seven. Predictive test is from the devil - and when using two languages it just loses the plot completely! Just making a second cup of coffee - have some.

This is for the rest of the lazy buggers:

:band2: :disco: :band2: :rockband:

FFS keep the noise down :gramps:

Comment

Morning Dreamy Moll and Tipps. 8am here and still dark and cold also. Awake since bout 6.30 but back in bed with tv. I got up to feed the cats and let them out but Lily is back in and on the bed with me. Need to clean my messy house at some stage today. Great news bout sweetpea i'm so proud of her.

Comment

Ok earmuffs on :

WELCOME BACK DREAMY !!!!!

Comment

Morning Satzy and Foxy!

Fox, aren't kitties the best warmer-uppers on a cold day!

Satz, it's sooo nice to be back here. Decided that I'm not repeating myself - merely reiterating what's been said:H

Comment

Morning Satz. Yeah cats are so cute. Lily is about 2 years old and a tabby. Just let Prince in but Ollie is still out. That's them in the avator.

Comment

'ME & MINE' post alert !

SHAG go home tomorrow
                        It's a bittersweet kinda feeling.
                        Being a selfish cow - I want my life back ....and ... I also want them to live their own lives.
                        If DD had her way young Satz would be kept home. She tends to superimpose her wants in life on to him and he comes out as a loser. But I don't accept that.
                        I say"why" - he LOVES the lifestyle over there, he loves the GF it's obvious. Why would I want a life of constant pubs etc for him here (with his friends that never grew up imo).
                        Harsh .... but true.

He has no job to go back to but hey - he will get something I know it. Sunny weather , the ocean at his doorstep who cares what you work at?
                        If he doesn't - he can come home.
                        He is leaving Sydney & going north to GF's place - rural and unspolit - and I know something will come up for him there.

Mammy prayers please Molls ?

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1603866 wrote: Morning Satzy and Foxy!

Satz, it's sooo nice to be back here. Decided that I'm not repeating myself - merely reiterating what's been said:H
                          I KNOW Dreamboat - I would be lost without talking to my friends here - I've added you to my list in recent times:l
                          Not having been to counselling ever - you all know more than ANYONE else in my life :egad:

Comment

Good morning Dreamydoo, Mollymoo, Tipperooo, Satzuma, Foxyloxy

Welcome home Dreamy,.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Firefox;1603861 wrote: Morning Dreamy Moll and Tipps. 8am here and still dark and cold also. Awake since bout 6.30 but back in bed with tv. I got up to feed the cats and let them out but Lily is back in and on the bed with me. Need to clean my messy house at some stage today. Great news bout sweetpea i'm so proud of her.
                              :wavin: Foxy Loxey
                              How did you survive Christmas ? Hard isn't it ? :egad:
                              How's the cold?

Comment

Working...
                              X