Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 30th December

morning dreamy
    I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
    Audrey Hepburn

Comment

I's back - bit of pottering done - outdoors not tested yet.
      Waiting for the plumber - the words Stable door, horse, bolted come to mind .....
      Does anyone else hate workmen calling to their house ?

Oh I'll swing into action when he comes - but always feel stupid and that they are doing me a huge favour ...

Comment

sweetpea29;1604968 wrote: Ah that's crap Dreamy:l Pity we couldn't send ye some of our wet stuff.

I am indeed off for another 3 days:yay: Could get used to this only working a day then being off another 3- makes work a little more tolerable. Have a few things to do about my house then will be jumping in the car for another trip down home, baby bro leaves for London again in morn so wanna see him, other bro already back to Dublin Hoping the tensions will have dissipated somewhat....will see. Will put my happy 'don't-give-a-shit' head on and try to remember that it is not my responsibility to fix all the wrongs in the family.
        Ah Sweetie - :l
        MY DD has this vision of a Walton's type family - but we are more Simpsons than Waltons.:H
        Gets upset if any cross words
        I know it's hard to listen to but that's our personalities. It struck me funnily enough when I was narking at Mr S on Christmas day and to us it's just banter - but I realised that to others there it's hard to listen to. I made a huge joke of it and said Mr S would be lost if I didn't give out to him :H he wouldn't know what was happening -it got a great laugh & eased the tension.
        Maybe there is a bit of that going on Sweetie - like it's not that serious-just a habit?

Comment

This fecker just text- will be more like 2pm now :gramps:
          Like I have no life but to sit in all bleedin' day :H
          Just when I had decided to DO someing outdoorish - Jazus!

Comment

mollyka;1604967 wrote: YAY! SMELLY CHARLIE ON HOLS!! Gonna have THE best day! Shite bout hosepipe -wot u want it for?
            Are you asking what a hose is for Molls ?
            In Africa like ?
            In the heat like?
            When Dreamy waters the garden everyday like ?:hitme:

Comment

satz123;1604992 wrote: This fecker just text- will be more like 2pm now :gramps:
              Like I have no life but to sit in all bleedin' day
              Just when I had decided to DO someing outdoorish - Jazus!
              satz123;1604994 wrote: Are you asking what a hose is for Molls ?
              In Africa like ?
              In the heat like?
              :HDo ye know what Satz?!

Ye are one funny penguin. Always give me a chuckle so ye do!

satz123;1604991 wrote:
              Ah Sweetie - :l
              MY DD has this vision of a Walton's type family - but we are more Simpsons than Waltons.
              Gets upset if any cross words
              I know it's hard to listen to but that's our personalities. It struck me funnily enough when I was narking at Mr S on Christmas day and to us it's just banter - but I realised that to others there it's hard to listen to. I made a huge joke of it and said Mr S would be lost if I didn't give out to him :H he wouldn't know what was happening -it got a great laugh & eased the tension.
              Maybe there is a bit of that going on Sweetie - like it's not that serious-just a habit?
              Thanks for this too:l
              Yeah, know I'm a tad over-sensitive and also feel overly responsible for things that aren't of my making and when I look at it honestly, things I can do sweet f.a. about. So yeah, need to learn to let go, relax a little, laugh more etc... Tis easy said tho!!

Anyways, got a wee bit a housework done here and got testing out me new heavy-duty omelette pan what santa bought- tis a great jobbie! Gonna set off homeward bound now- with the happy-head planted firm and square on me shoulders!

Comment

Nail on the head that one about narky families. I think we sound worse than we are:upset:

I could kill Mr A at the moment as he talks at people and NEVER listens I am so annoyed with him I could throw something at him.

Sweetie my MRI was very strange they were waiting for me with a wheelchair on account of my fractures. I hardly liked to tell them I had been running that morning:H
                I will not have the results until next week but the scan itself was a very noisy and claustrophobic affair.

Bacinabit when I have had something to eat

Comment

sweetpea29;1604996 wrote: :HDo ye know what Satz?!

Ye are one funny penguin. Always give me a chuckle so ye do!

Thanks for this too:l
                  Yeah, know I'm a tad over-sensitive and also feel overly responsible for things that aren't of my making and when I look at it honestly, things I can do sweet f.a. about. So yeah, need to learn to let go, relax a little, laugh more etc... Tis easy said tho!!

Anyways, got a wee bit a housework done here and got testing out me new heavy-duty omelette pan what santa bought- tis a great jobbie! Gonna set off homeward bound now- with the happy-head planted firm and square on me shoulders!
                  Good luck Sweets :l
                  Don't worry about them - they prolly don't even see the problem you see.

Laters gaters
                  Off to potter a bit more including dumping crap and out of date, unused food from the fridge. Was eating my way through it but now have to be brutal.
                  Kills me to do it - such a waste :upset:

Comment

We had meze and souvlaki for lunch. I am happy
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

[quote]sweetpea29;1604968 wrote:
                      Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      Are you asking what a hose is for Molls ?
                      In Africa like ?
                      In the heat like?
                      Saw that, Satzy, decided Molly must have had a moment or something!:H:H:H

Did the texting plumber pitch? Prognosis?
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

:wavin: synchronised posters

Looooooooooooove souvlaki. Was it nice and extremely garlicky?
                        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

mollyka;1605100 wrote: Ah jaysus, I've the wrong thing for THAT anyway --- thought it was a sort of Austrian cake -- so unless you make cake with garlic ---- nope --- wrong thing -- may need the Gods of Goggle
                          :H:H

Comment

Came back from Norway, northern lights and peace and quiet to full on family all behaving very well but HERE.
                            Mr A doing my head in and does not know why??

Sorry to be me me but need to move house!

Comment

Howyiz :waving:
                              Told plumber I was going out and to come tomorrow.
                              2.30 he still hadn't shown and I just said to myself 'no- my time is as precious as his'
                              Feck that for a lark !

Comment

Evening all.

I confused souvlaki with baklava.:new:
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X