Whole 30 Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole 30 Challenge

I'm going to challenge myself to eat well for 30 days (and thereafter, of course). Anyone want to join in?

I hope I'm not infringing copyright using the Whole 30 name??? Anyone interested in all the details can check them out on their site.

Basically: whole foods - anything in a package, can, bottle, jar, wrapping is not to be eaten!! Within reason, of course.

No dairy, unfortunately! This for me is the hard part as I love heavy cream in my coffee.

So lots of meat/chicken/fish, good fats especially coconut oil and coconut milk in place of cream. Butter is fine but no oils except olive oil

Lots of veggies but not the sweet ones like corn or beets.

Not much fruit except berries. Most fruit is just too sweet.

So hop on with me and let's "go on the wagon" and do a Whole 30!!

PS: reason I'm doing this is twofold. First as I hope baclofen is going to help me stop drinking completely eventually, I want to help my poor old body really get healthy to assist that process. To say nothing of the 5 lbs I somehow gained eating shortbread and mince tarts over the hols. And more to come for "New Year!" But I want MY new year to start healthy!!!
    My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Whole 30 Challenge

Haha, can I do a half 30? As much as I'd like to commit to this total changeover to a 100% healthy diet, I know that tackling that as well as going AF will be too much. I'd be setting myself up for failure. I plan to go lower carb along with my 5:2 Fast (Intermittent Fasting) plan - cutting out anything with a higher glycemic index. I think I'll need my cheese and dairy for awhile though. I'll also need some substitute cold beverages for the tougher time of day. Although I generally keep away from soda, some diet tonic with lime or something similar is the best of two evils.

I will check in on you though because I've been doing a great job with really upping my veggie intake with lots of great variations.

Good luck JM!!
    "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
    ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
    X